Author Topic: Astros.com Confirms Astros Made No Deals  (Read 2753 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Astros.com Confirms Astros Made No Deals
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:10:34 pm »
Man, I wish there was a game tonight.

pravata

Re: Astros.com Confirms Astros Made No Deals
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:13:59 pm »
Quote:

Man, I wish there was a game tonight.

Tomorrow should be very interesting.  Bagwell is going to meet the team in San Diego.  Purpura intends to have a chat with him about the possibilities of a future role with the team.  Ensberg should be back at 3rd, Huff in right, and Berkman is intending to play.  Albers or Hirsh could be the starter.  Big doings.

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:15:33 pm »
Quote:

Albers or Hirsh could be the starter.

I guess I missed it.  Why wouldn't Pettitte start tomorrow?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 06:15:59 pm »
I think Andy starts tomorrow, Kid X starts Wednesday.

pravata

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

One game ahead of myself.  But Huff in right, Ensberg at 3d, that's not interesting?

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 06:17:58 pm »
Quote:

Bagwell is going to meet the team in San Diego.

WOW, that's interesting.  Do you have a link on this?  Has he been on the road once this year?  I only remember hearing of him being at MMP a couple times.

I'm REALLY glad none of the rumors I heard involving the Astros panned out.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:21:22 pm »
Quote:

One game ahead of myself.  But Huff in right, Ensberg at 3d, that's not interesting?

We'll see tomorrow just how interesting.  I hope Huff isn't as Kentish in RF as he was at 3B.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:34 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

WOW, that's interesting.  Do you have a link on this?  Has he been on the road once this year?  I only remember hearing of him being at MMP a couple times.

He's already in San Diego- spending time at his home there.

pravata

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 06:34:05 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

See "See You in San Diego" The Link

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 06:37:24 pm »
Have you seen any news about the team's negotiations with the insurance company? I assume the Astros haven't just given up on this.

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 06:39:35 pm »
Quote:

Have you seen any news about the team's negotiations with the insurance company? I assume the Astros haven't just given up on this.

I heard it goes to trial within the next month.  I don't have a link and can't remember where I heard it, possibly the radio.
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 06:40:32 pm »
Quote:

I heard it goes to trial within the next month.  I don't have a link and can't remember where I heard it, possibly the radio.

That seems awfully fast to get to trial, but who knows?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 06:42:27 pm »
Quote:

I haven't seen anything since the lawsuit was filed. I'd imagine that it will take a while before anything happens. At this point it's still endless document review and deuling experts.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 06:43:52 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

That seems awfully fast to get to trial, but who knows?

It certainly is and I was surprised when I heard it but maybe it was for a mediation or something and they announced it as trial.
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 06:56:39 pm »
Quote:

Ahhh... I didn't realize he had a home there.  Guess I need to brush up on my stalking.

</enthusiasm>
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 07:45:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Damn right that's interesting.  I don't know about you guys...but a couple nights ago...when Ensberg had that monster game for RRock, I got really pumped.  A healthy, productive Ensberg is damn near just as good as what we'd of traded for anyways and we didn't have to give up squat to get him.

I know I'll get bashed for this (the whole man-love thing; Jim R where you at?) but Luke Scott's presence in the lineup is exciting too.

The lineup (meat only):

Biggio (if he continues to bat 2nd, which I hope he does)
Berkman
Ensberg
Huff
Scott

That's solid batters with power up and down the lineup with a slight up-tick when Burke starts over Willy.  I'm excited!

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:18 pm »
Quote:

The lineup (meat only):

Berkman
Ensberg
Huff
Scott

That's solid batters with power up and down the lineup with a slight up-tick when Burke starts over Willy.  I'm excited!

Color me clueless if I am wrong on this, but doesn't Huff bat from the left side?  If so, much as I would like to see Morgan clean up, I'd suggest:

CF
Biggio
Berkman
Huff
Ensberg
Scott
C
SS
Up in the Air

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The lineup (meat only):

Berkman
Ensberg
Huff
Scott

Well, my thought was to give Berkman some protection.  Not that teams won continue to turn him around, but if you put Morgan behind him...they might be more hesitant to do so.

Color me clueless if I am wrong on this, but doesn't Huff bat from the left side?  If so, much as I would like to see Morgan clean up, I'd suggest:

CF
Biggio
Berkman
Huff
Ensberg
Scott
C
SS

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:52 pm »
You know, I didn't quite understand what Virtual Bob was saying, but now that you put it THAT way, jaklewein, I see now.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 09:42:52 pm »
Quote:

You know, I didn't quite understand what Virtual Bob was saying, but now that you put it THAT way, jaklewein, I see now.

LOL, that cracked me up man...sorry.  I don't know what happened there.

My thought from the original post was that teams were bringing in lefties to turn Berkman around, and then having the luxury of being able to use the same lefty against Huff as well.  I was hoping that Ensberg would at the bare minimum force them to remove that pitcher after Berkman...then have Huff and Scott ready and willing to face his replacement...hopefully with no other lefties (at least not good) available to pitch against them.

ybbodeus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 02:36:42 am »
Quote:

Quote:

LOL, that cracked me up man...sorry.  I don't know what happened there.

My thought from the original post was that teams were bringing in lefties to turn Berkman around, and then having the luxury of being able to use the same lefty against Huff as well.  I was hoping that Ensberg would at the bare minimum force them to remove that pitcher after Berkman...then have Huff and Scott ready and willing to face his replacement...hopefully with no other lefties (at least not good) available to pitch against them.

Agree wholeheartedly with your Morgan point; however, until he proves he can hit anywhere NEAR how he hit last season...or back in April...the other team will take its chances against him.  Hope it backfires on them and soon.

This thing isn't over, yet....no, I'M not a homer.  These boys could catch fire with a vengeance, maybe even make the third time the charm.  Yeah, pretty far-fetched, I know, but how geeked up would we get if the youngsters helped lead a turnaround?

OBLIGATORY CLOSING:  Godamn Pinwheel cheeseshit.
"(512) ybbodeus looks just as creepy in HD as in person."   That is a problem, and we are working on it.