Author Topic: John Lopez has lost the remainder of his credibility  (Read 16269 times)

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
John Lopez has lost the remainder of his credibility
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:37:12 pm »
The Link

He truly reads that shit at AD everyday and likes it:

Quote:

the top ten websites a person clicks on everyday says more about them than anything else.

AstrosDaily -- most forum-type sites are difficult to take seriously, because everything's anonymous, rants and posts have no accountability (and little thought) and they're just a bunch of noise. This one is a clear cut above that. It's interesting.

Oye. Vamos, vamos.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: John Lopez has lost the remainder of his credibility
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:48:32 pm »
probably b/c he gets abused here every day.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

davek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 05:53:28 pm »
It's a symbiotic relationship...

Except they take turns sucking...
"You wait for a strike then you knock the shit out of it."  Stan Musial

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 05:58:45 pm »
It appears to me they have the simultaneous suck down pat.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

pravata

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 06:01:55 pm »
Lopez's article today was all about how Pujols gets attention because he looks like a slugger and Berkman looks like he's not. It was a story that was bursting to be told. Has he, (has anyone?) taken a good look at Berkman this season?  But Lopez does have a point, because Kirby Puckett and Tony Gwynn never got no press when they played neither.

UpTooLate

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 06:02:29 pm »
For opinion and commentary, AD sucks ass.  For baseball news links, it is a useful resource.

I did not realize that Lopez was the surf fishing fan that he implies.  Perhaps his talents(I use the word loosely here) would be better expended on fishing reports.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 06:07:56 pm »
Quote:

The Link

Quote:

the top ten websites a person clicks on everyday says more about them than anything else.

AstrosDaily -- most forum-type sites are difficult to take seriously, because everything's anonymous, rants and posts have no accountability (and little thought) and they're just a bunch of noise. This one is a clear cut above that. It's interesting.

Yeah, screw them, they're another site, those terrible bastards!

I never got the fascination with ragging on the other boards.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 06:14:44 pm »
Have you been over there?
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 06:24:23 pm »
well, good for you. what name do you use posting there?

Foghorn

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:05 pm »
I never had a problem with Ray.  I used to find the Astros Fun Factoid O' the Day interesting, but not any more.  Never posted on their forums because they wanted to run it like Ned Flanders' basement bar.  Everyone smiles, gets along, and sings Cumbaya while holding hands and swaying back and forth.

Fuck that shit.
You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 06:27:34 pm »
i had more than one problem with Ray. fuck him.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 06:32:18 pm »
Quote:

Have you been over there?

I read the posts there from time to time.  Not terribly intersting compared to here, but I don't bear them any ill will.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 06:33:03 pm »
Quote:

well, good for you. what name do you use posting there?

I don't post there.  Or at least I haven't posted there in a few years.  Same name, Arky Vaughan, when I did.

pravata

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 06:40:50 pm »
Quote:

I'm fairly sure he doesnt know this site exists.  Searching "Astros" on Google doesn't pull it up, and neither the front page of AD nor the pass through forum has a link to this site.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 06:51:21 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I'm fairly sure he doesnt know this site exists.  Searching "Astros" on Google doesn't pull it up, and neither the front page of AD nor the pass through forum has a link to this site.

But plunkbiggio has owa linked.  Surely, he has heard of that site.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
Quote:

Lopez's article today was all about how Pujols gets attention because he looks like a slugger and Berkman looks like he's not. It was a story that was bursting to be told. Has he, (has anyone?) taken a good look at Berkman this season?  But Lopez does have a point, because Kirby Puckett and Tony Gwynn never got no press when they played neither.

Berkman is ripped.  he only looks podgy because of the numerous bags of sunflower seeds he has stashed in his uni.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

pravata

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 07:11:17 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Berkman is ripped.  he only looks podgy because of the numerous bags of sunflower seeds he has stashed in his uni.

He's a homerun hitting vending machine.

pravata

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 07:27:27 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Oh now somebody has done it.  Now on Lopez's blog

"orangewhoopass.com is one of the most intelligent fan forums I have ever seen. They don't have those "sports talk radio" threads like other fan forums do. The minor league information about the Astros is second to none. Give it a look, you might like it.

Posted by: Scott..."

Dammit.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 07:32:32 pm »
Posted by: Scott...

Barzilla?
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Golden Sombrero

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 07:51:14 pm »
The Astros hardly ever get attention nationally.  Here we are, the reigning NL Champs, and ESPN's MLB page never even lists what happened in our games.  And on baseball tonight we're lucky if there is a 3 sentence report.  Yesterday's game was truly terrific, and all they mention in the national media is that the Rainman got the platinum sombrero.  It's not that Berkman doesn't look like a slugger, it's that he plays in Houston.
Strikeout Machine

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:15 pm »
> It's not that Berkman doesn't look like a slugger, it's that he plays in Houston.

More like "it's that he plays well, and plays for Houston." Rainman plays in Houston and managed to get facetime on the coverage...
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.

Golden Sombrero

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 08:40:21 pm »
Preston did have a brief interview on BBT in the very beginning of the season that complimented him on his early success, so I suppose it's not totally malicious.  The 'Stros are a well-kept secret from most of the baseball-loving population, though.  Even after several awe-inspiring postseason games/series.
Strikeout Machine

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 09:56:36 pm »
Quote:

The Astros hardly ever get attention nationally.  Here we are, the reigning NL Champs, and ESPN's MLB page never even lists what happened in our games.  And on baseball tonight we're lucky if there is a 3 sentence report.  Yesterday's game was truly terrific, and all they mention in the national media is that the Rainman got the platinum sombrero.  It's not that Berkman doesn't look like a slugger, it's that he plays in Houston.

Same view I had of the Rockets in '93-'95 -- I'd rather them win the championship than a popularity contest.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 10:00:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Same view I had of the Rockets in '93-'95 -- I'd rather them win the championship than a popularity contest.

After beating the Knicks, I thought for sure Costas was going to start crying right then and there. One of the best moments in Houston sports history.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 10:27:28 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The Link

Quote:

Yeah, screw them, they're another site, those terrible bastards!

I never got the fascination with ragging on the other boards.

The really interesting part about Lopez's comments is that AD hasn't had a forum in several years.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 04:39:58 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"orangewhoopass.com is one of the most intelligent fan forums I have ever seen. They don't have those "sports talk radio" threads like other fan forums do. The minor league information about the Astros is second to none. Give it a look, you might like it.

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

OWA ... good, too, but seems somewhat in-bred. Same people post over and over again, behind anonymous monikers. That's always been my gripe about these anonymous sites. Post your real name, picture and work email address and then people can take you more seriously.
But I think all these sites offer significant things, which is why I'm devoted to surfing. Any discussion is good discussion.
You lose credibility when rants are tossed about with no accountability, but I laughed at a lot of OWA posts and thought some of the other discussions there were good. I also learned that this Pravata person and a couple others (again, more hiding behind a moniker) doesn't think very highly of me. That's cool. Just keep reading. I got a kid going to college next fall.
Posted by: JohnP

The Link
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Foghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 10:46:28 am »
this is why Lopez is a tool.  Anonymous or out in public with a picture, a phone number  and an email addy doesn't change the content of the post.  Its the content that matters, not the publicity of the one making the comment.  

Typical shit for brains.
You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a shit. Good father, fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?

mihoba

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • R.I.P. Mike. The boy inside you is now free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:14 am »
Quote:

He's a homerun hitting vending machine.

Now that right there was damn funny.

I agree with Jim, fuck Ray. I had a few issues with him myself. I also agree with Foghorn, fuck that pansy shit forum.
"Baseball is simply a better game without the DH. "

pravata

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 10:58:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

OWA ... good, too, but seems somewhat in-bred. Same people post over and over again, behind anonymous monikers. That's always been my gripe about these anonymous sites. Post your real name, picture and work email address and then people can take you more seriously.
But I think all these sites offer significant things, which is why I'm devoted to surfing. Any discussion is good discussion.
You lose credibility when rants are tossed about with no accountability, but I laughed at a lot of OWA posts and thought some of the other discussions there were good. I also learned that this Pravata person and a couple others (again, more hiding behind a moniker) doesn't think very highly of me. That's cool. Just keep reading. I got a kid going to college next fall.

The Link

Not anonymous John.  That's my name, I'm in the phone book.  You can call me if you have an issue.  Can I do the same?  And for the record, I almost never reference your drivel.  And yes, compared to what is available from other sources and in other city's newspapers, it is drivel.  (And I am aware of that big award you won)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 11:09:20 am »
Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

Yeah, I hate that anonymous stuff too.  If I ever find out who that "pravata" character is, I might have to beat his ass.  And God help that "Andyzipp" if I ever meet up with him.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

Yeah, I hate that anonymous stuff too.  If I ever find out who that "pravata" character is, I might have to beat his ass.  And God help that "Andyzipp" if I ever meet up with him.

I don't think they would be scared.  You'd probably have to bail cause the satellite guy is coming to your house.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:05 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

The Link

Not anonymous John.  That's my name, I'm in the phone book.  You can call me if you have an issue.  Can I do the same?  And for the record, I almost never reference your drivel.  And yes, compared to what is available from other sources and in other city's newspapers, it is drivel.  (And I am aware of that big award you won)

Who the hell are you?

Edit.  Damn.  Wrong quote.  I was trying to hanswer HH.  Oh well.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:20 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

The Link

The in-bred comment is comical. I can't think of a more in-bred group of folks than the traditional media.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:38 am »
Quote:

The in-bred comment is comical. I can't think of a more in-bred group of folks than the traditional media.

And as usual, Lopez is lightyears away from understanding the point here.  Foghorn hit the nail on the head.  You don't gain credibility by posting a picture of yourself, you gain it by writing something of substance.  Lopez is an idiot, but it's not because of his picture, it's because what he writes is pure garbage.

Andyzipp

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 11:34:20 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

Suck it Hudson, if that is your real name.

Andyzipp

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 11:37:19 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

The Link

The in-bred comment is my favorite part.  New posters by and large suck, and this board, in all of it's incarnations has a history of calling posters on their sucking.  

What the Clarks have failed to realize is that EVERYONE gets their chops busted for the suck.  

Unless they have nice breasts...like Limey.

pravata

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 12:14:09 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

My advice to you is to be coming out of the sun, and make the first shot count.

pravata

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 12:17:25 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

And as usual, Lopez is lightyears away from understanding the point here.  Foghorn hit the nail on the head.  You don't gain credibility by posting a picture of yourself, you gain it by writing something of substance.  Lopez is an idiot, but it's not because of his picture, it's because what he writes is pure garbage.

It is also telling that he singles me out.  I didnt hardly say nuthin.  The man's writing is a joke and I don't spend that much time on it.  Several of us splained his short comings in far greater detail.  I had an email conversation with Mr Justice concerning the quality of information gathering in the sports section of the Chronicle in the near past.  He wasn't receptive.  John P. Lopez may have consulted with Pinwheel.

Andyzipp

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20:53 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It is also telling that he singles me out.  I didnt hardly say nuthin.  The man's writing is a joke and I don't spend that much time on it.  Several of us splained his short comings in far greater detail.  I had an email conversation with Mr Justice concerning the quality of information gathering in the sports section of the Chronicle in the near past.  He wasn't receptive.  John P. Lopez may have consulted with Pinwheel.

When will be be treated to the transcript of that conversation?

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 12:27:28 pm »
Ok, just spent a minute looking over the AD forum, and I don't see how they are any less anonymous (by Lopez's standards) than this forum, or any other one I've seen for that matter.

Foghorn was right freakin' on...it's the content, stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can email users through the board, right?  And if Lopez doen't understand why people may be a little wary to plaster their names, work email addresses, etc... all over a public forum, then he's denser than I thought.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 12:28:31 pm »
Quote:

I can give you a transcript of the email conversation I had with Greg Lucas regarding the ol' fake to 3B, wheel to 1B being a balk:

Me:  Actually, the rule book states that faking to 3B then immediately  wheeling around to 1B to, in the umpire's judgement, fool the runner at 1B is, by rule, a balk.

Lucas:  You have to look at the feet.  Watch their feet and you can see it's not a balk.

Brilliant.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 12:50:47 pm »
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can email users through the board, right?

Only if the user has a public e-mail address in their profile.  For instance, you don't.

I guess we could reprogram the board to make our usernames a random string of digits.  And the digits could change after each post.  Now THAT would be anonymous.

pravata

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:46 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gist, I questioned why the AP stories on game recaps were always posted before the local writers and the local stories always seemed to include little original content.  And that Alyson Footer always has more and fuller quotes than the Chronicle stories.  Right away he thinks I'm accusing the Chronicle writers of plagarism, which, he informs me, is a serious thing to news reporters.  Then he said I was angry.  Damn right, I'm pissed, trying to follow baseball and I have to wade through endless reams of opinionated crap to get to the information.

Andyzipp

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 01:00:55 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gist, I questioned why the AP stories on game recaps were always posted before the local writers and the local stories always seemed to include little original content.  And that Alyson Footer always has more and fuller quotes than the Chronicle stories.  Right away he thinks I'm accusing the Chronicle writers of plagarism, which, he informs me, is a serious thing to news reporters.  Then he said I was angry.  Damn right, I'm pissed, trying to follow baseball and I have to wade through endless reams of opinionated crap to get to the information.

You're lucky.  He could have just pulled a conversation between you and he out of his ass, to "prove" he was right all along.

No? in Austin

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 04:28:53 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

I couldn't make up a name like "Noe" and of course a city name like "Austin" if I tried.  He wants a picture of me too?  Sure, as soon as he publically apologizes for his fucking in-bred comments about the Telemundo flap.  I don't think Senor Lopez ever apologized for his stupidity that I know of.

When he does, I'll send him an 8x10 glossy with my bio in the back.  *sheesh*

pravata

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 05:31:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

I couldn't make up a name like "Noe" and of course a city name like "Austin" if I tried.  He wants a picture of me too?  Sure, as soon as he publically apologizes for his fucking in-bred comments about the Telemundo flap.  I don't think Senor Lopez ever apologized for his stupidity that I know of.

When he does, I'll send him an 8x10 glossy with my bio in the back.  *sheesh*

The difference is that at the Chronicle the sources are anonymous, or imaginary, I get those mixed up.

No? in Austin

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 05:39:46 pm »
Quote:

The difference is that at the Chronicle the sources are anonymous, or imaginary, I get those mixed up.

Yup.  And when sources such as Marco Camacho (was it *really* that hard to figure that guy out?!?!) are given credibility at the expense of a man like Drayton McLane (who has his faults, but no man deserves to be deemed a racist for no apparent reason, especially by a media member like Lopez) and the story is weak at best, then you have to think the writer is a bit stupid, sloppy, biased/bigotted himself or all of the above.  I'll go with more stupid and sloppy.

Has John Q. ever, I mean *EVER* stepped up from his in-bred status since that day?  Has he *EVER* owned up to that outlandish behavior and poison pen premature writing and apologized to McLane and his readership?  Is this pot calling a kettle black, or worse yet a pot having no clue and labeling everything black?

Lopez is a tool. "You lose credibility when rants are tossed about with no accountability..." - John Lopez

Andyzipp

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:42 pm »
What do you know, No??  You're angered by the naming of random soccer teams.

No? in Austin

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 06:11:01 pm »
Quote:

What do you know, No??  You're angered by the naming of random soccer teams.

Just staying one step ahead of The Man! "WALK OUT!"

pravata

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 06:14:04 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Yup.  And when sources such as Marco Camacho (was it *really* that hard to figure that guy out?!?!) are given credibility at the expense of a man like Drayton McLane (who has his faults, but no man deserves to be deemed a racist for no apparent reason, especially by a media member like Lopez) and the story is weak at best, then you have to think the writer is a bit stupid, sloppy, biased/bigotted himself or all of the above.  I'll go with more stupid and sloppy.

Has John Q. ever, I mean *EVER* stepped up from his in-bred status since that day?  Has he *EVER* owned up to that outlandish behavior and poison pen premature writing and apologized to McLane and his readership?  Is this pot calling a kettle black, or worse yet a pot having no clue and labeling everything black?

Lopez is a tool. "You lose credibility when rants are tossed about with no accountability..." - John Lopez

He has not.  And he has continued to smear innuendo, as evidenced by this mush mouthed, wink, wink, article in 04,

Among the highest-ranking members of the Astros' front office, not one is a person of color. Time and again the Astros have fallen short. It has not been because of underlying racism within the organization. No one realizes the obligation more than McLane. And Smith points out the Astros have long tried to develop minority players, coaches and front-office staff.

Still, what fans and the commissioner notice are things like the honest recklessness the club has repeatedly shown when it comes to diversity and sensitivity to the fan base.

Things like allowing players like Bobby Abreu, Moises Alou and Richard Hidalgo to leave. Things like moving Daryle Ward and Brian Hunter, leaving the Astros without a single African-American player on the roster. Things like acting hastily in the case of Julio Lugo. Things like hiring managers Terry Collins and Larry Dierker despite neither's having experience. Yet when a candidate like Tony Pe?a came along, the reason offered for not hiring him was that he was inexperienced as a manager.
The Link

As for accountability, what kind of accountability is it when you set up a blog, pretend to solicit opinions and then get to pick which ones you allow to be published?  This place has the ultimate accountability.  Publish something stupid or wrong and the response is instant and unfiltered.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 06:34:55 pm »

Quote:

Sure, as soon as he publically apologizes for his fucking in-bred comments about the Telemundo flap.

I briefly googled this, but came up with nothing. Can you enlighten me?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Bill McLuggage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 06:40:16 pm »
Can I ask the judges for a definition on the term "honest recklessness"?

Honest

Recklessness

On a similar subject:   Use the interjection definition please
How can you ask me a question like that?  Do you ask The Beatles that??

Ankh

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 06:45:59 pm »
Anonymous?  Whatever.

TZ softball, TZ opening day, TZ World Series. Old-school AA/HA meetings.

Half you guys know I prefer pear cider to beer. It doesn't get more personal than that.

Foghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 06:48:28 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Sure, as soon as he publically apologizes for his fucking in-bred comments about the Telemundo flap.

Years ago there was a flap where Drayton apparently told someone at Telemundo that the Astros will never draw well with the Spanish speaking community because baseball is too complicated and cerebral for the Spanish speaking community to follow.  Or something like that.

Drayton vehemntly denied that and (of course) no proof was ever corroborated.

Foghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 06:52:36 pm »
google "McLane telemundo Astros"

you'll get
 link

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 06:53:12 pm »
Quote:

Anonymous?  Whatever.

TZ softball, TZ opening day, TZ World Series. Old-school AA/HA meetings.

Half you guys know I prefer pear cider to beer. It doesn't get more personal than that.

Hell, half of us know what kind of underwear HH wears.

(It is not all my fault that people have that information.)

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 06:54:31 pm »
Quote:

you'll get
 link

Yeah, I was googling John Lopez and Telemundo. Thanks.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

jasonact

• View Profile
    • www.jasonmartinmft.com
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 07:00:06 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

you'll get
 link

Yeah, I was googling John Lopez and Telemundo. Thanks.

Here is what John wrote on the topic.

Here is another column a few days later.
phew. for a minute there, I lost myself
- Radiohead

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 07:16:51 pm »
Look, I don't give a flip about Lopez, but I do wanna say it's none of my business which of you guys have been in-breeding, and I really don't want to know.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

pravata

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 07:28:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Years ago there was a flap where Drayton apparently told someone at Telemundo that the Astros will never draw well with the Spanish speaking community because baseball is too complicated and cerebral for the Spanish speaking community to follow.  Or something like that.

Drayton vehemntly denied that and (of course) no proof was ever corroborated.

Here's the apology from the accusers The Link

strosrays

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 08:18:40 pm »
Quote:

Look, I don't give a flip about Lopez, but I do wanna say it's none of my business which of you guys have been in-breeding, and I really don't want to know.

I don't know how to link the thread, but I was given some shit for admitting to playing grab-ass with my first cousin at a party a month or so back.  As I said at the time, she and I have been doing that (as a joke, promise) since jr. high school, at least.

As I recall, it was Limey who was giving me the most flak.  An Englishman, giving me shit for inbrededness-type behaviour.  Imagine that.

Anyway, if this is what Lopez is referring to, fuck him.  And, John P., nobody east of Houston, anyway, gives a fuck what you think about anything.  Or even knows who the fuck you are.  So fuck off, fuckwad.

Now, put that in your blog.

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 08:30:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dammit.

And now on Lopez's blog:

Quote:

The Link

Inbred? When I was a clark I got abused daily like the clark I was. Now I only get abused by prav and JimmyR. And thats just occasionally. If this guy is too big of a baby to take his lumps in the valley of OWA he can blow me. He is nothing but a hack and a 2nd, or moreso a 3rd, rate writer and he can put that in his blog for his whiny fans to see. *doing the crotchchop*

On another note, lets cook some sausage tonight.
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

Michael N

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2006, 01:32:50 am »
Regarding the "inbred" comment by Lopez...

About a week or so after Lopez lobbed his racist charge against McLane in the Chronicle, Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman jumped on the bandwagon in his column. I emailed Bohls to try and understand what real evidence he had for calling Drayton a racist and Mr. Bohls' entire justification for the column came down to the trust he had in his friend John Lopez at the Chronicle. No interview of the attending parties of the conversation, just the trusted word of friend John Lopez.

Pot apparently now sleeps with kettle.
Cosmic American Soul

Greg D

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 08:41:27 am »
Man, I must still be asleep.

I would swear I just saw a post by Nash.

Naaaaah...
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

strosrays

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2006, 10:38:05 am »
Quote:

Naaaaah...

Like Jesus, he lurks.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2006, 10:39:31 am »
please

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:14 am »
Quote:

Naaaaah...

We've seen Nash, Breedlove, and Matthew Becker in the last several weeks.

Next thing you know, either Kev or Scott will post.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2006, 10:41:10 am »
Quote:

please

I hear Ray Kerby may be back soon, too.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2006, 11:27:10 am »
Quote:

The in-bred comment is my favorite part.  New posters by and large suck, and this board, in all of it's incarnations has a history of calling posters on their sucking.  

What the Clarks have failed to realize is that EVERYONE gets their chops busted for the suck.  

Unless they have nice breasts...like Limey.

OK, game's up.  I'm really Yvette.  You people are all sick fucks.  I'd rather spend a day in booth with Dierker and Worrell drooling over my boobage than 10 seconds with any of you deranged pervs.

Adios.

Oh, and I think John P. Lopez is cute and smart.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2006, 11:31:30 am »
doubtful. those who want me gone can accomplish that by bringing him back.

i heard the most amazing thing about Raysie--that he had converted to Judaism. good for him, if true. he was such an aggressive atheist that i was dumbfounded by the news.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 11:46:56 am »
Quote:

This, more than anything, shows what a tolerant buch we are.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 11:50:53 am »
Quote:

As I recall, it was Limey who was giving me the most flak.  An Englishman, giving me shit for inbrededness-type behaviour.  Imagine that.

Please note the term "Englishman".  It's the royals who are the in-breds, and they're all German.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:32 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Please note the term "Englishman".  It's the royals who are the in-breds, and they're all German.

Which explains this.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:25 pm »
Quote:

Which explains this.

Such things are useful, but I think "2 World Wars and 1 World Cup...Do-dah...Do-dah" will be easily understood by the Germans in the crowd.

Andyzipp

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 01:23:42 pm »
Quote:

People in bowties don't so much breed anyway.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 01:28:31 pm »
You can't know that.  I'm anonymous.

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 01:31:17 pm »
Quote:

Nope. That would be me.
"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."

No? in Austin

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 02:02:50 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Nope. That would be me.

Irony is so ironic, given what we know you would do to keep an Astros winning streak alive.  Mr. Doe, we salute you!

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04:54 pm »
And Mr. Doe salutes Ms. Doe.

strosrays

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 02:18:54 pm »
Quote:

And Mr. Doe salutes Ms. Doe.

Lopez was probably following this thread well enough until you guys went all self-referential.

Inbred fucks.

Señor Stan

• It's a plethora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 06:29:09 pm »
Quote:

Like Jesus, he lurks.

I starting to think he might have been "hed".

Bill McLuggage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 07:04:40 pm »
Quote:

Lopez was probably following this thread well enough until you guys went all self-referential.

WFW.  Tell that sonofabitch from the lackey Chron that if he doesn't want to follow our Jake-bashing and Clark-ridiculing then he can go suck The Central Gardener's nuts while he cries on and on about The Grocer's hiring policies.  NTTAWWT.

What's so difficult about following that?
How can you ask me a question like that?  Do you ask The Beatles that??

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2006, 09:07:52 am »

Quote:

What's so difficult about following that?  

I had to read your post twice to figure out what was, in fact, so difficult to understand.  Between OWA, my work at LMCO, where acronyms are used more than actual words and my job type, I barely speak actual english anymore.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.