Author Topic: Nice fans there in ATL  (Read 3339 times)

HurricaneDavid

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Nice fans there in ATL
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:48:39 pm »
Most bizarre moment of last night's game - Francoeur single to right in 7th, Lane gets it in to 2B, and a BALL COMES FLYING FROM THE STANDS ONTO THE FIELD OF PLAY DURING THE ENSUING RUNDOWN???  What the fuck???  I've never seen anything like that before.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Nice fans there in ATL
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:53:22 pm »
Yeah, I saw it and thought...., "What in the hell just happened?"  Did you see a replay?  Was it a kid or something?

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:55:19 pm »
They didn't have a replay of who threw it... the trajectory looked like it came from the upper deck.  You could see it bouncing around between the mound and the 1B-2B basepath AS THE RUNDOWN WAS GOING ON.  Mystifying.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:54:33 pm »
Thanks

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 08:01:06 pm »
Quote:

Yeah, I saw it and thought...., "What in the hell just happened?"  Did you see a replay?  Was it a kid or something?

Hey J. You know if I'm there last night we win. From now on either both of us go or neither of us go. Deal????
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 02:40:39 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Hey J. You know if I'm there last night we win. From now on either both of us go or neither of us go. Deal????

Ha, good point Jose.  I don't know about Monday if that's what your hinting at.  I don't have tickets at this time, and will be buying some via ebay, etc assuming the series goes that far.  In most cases I've got'm, but not this time, at least not yet.  Sorry man.

Frobie

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 02:55:31 am »
Not exactly on topic, but...

I heard the rundown on the radio because I had to get on the computer for a minute and there's no TV in the "rumpus room" where the PC is.

At the risk of exposing myself as a compulsive geek, does anyone have the scoring for this play?  Milo just described it as "a long rundown".  And while I could write that on my scoresheet and when I dig it out and look at it years from now will just assume I was drunk at the time, I'd prefer the real thing if I can find it.

As for the compulsive geek thing... okay, I'll give you the geek part.  But I finally threw away all those jars of urine I'd been keeping, so I don't think the compulsive charge is exactly fair.

Frobie

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 03:02:25 am »
And HurricaneDavid, I Lidgin' LOVE your avatar.  I laugh every time I see it.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 01:30:59 pm »
Quote:

Not exactly on topic, but...

I heard the rundown on the radio because I had to get on the computer for a minute and there's no TV in the "rumpus room" where the PC is.

At the risk of exposing myself as a compulsive geek, does anyone have the scoring for this play?  Milo just described it as "a long rundown".  And while I could write that on my scoresheet and when I dig it out and look at it years from now will just assume I was drunk at the time, I'd prefer the real thing if I can find it.

As for the compulsive geek thing... okay, I'll give you the geek part.  But I finally threw away all those jars of urine I'd been keeping, so I don't think the compulsive charge is exactly fair.

In the GZ:

The Link

9-6-4-3-4
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 02:57:29 pm »
Also not exactly on topic... I forget who told the story, but someone is in the booth with Phil Rizzuto, looking over his shoulder at his scorecard.  It's littered with "WW"s.  Finally the guy asks him, "Hey Phil, what do the WWs stand for?"  His answer: "Wasn't watching."

lll

• Clark
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hank3.com
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 05:12:30 pm »
Quote:

Most bizarre moment of last night's game - Francoeur single to right in 7th, Lane gets it in to 2B, and a BALL COMES FLYING FROM THE STANDS ONTO THE FIELD OF PLAY DURING THE ENSUING RUNDOWN???  What the fuck???  I've never seen anything like that before.

I saw that too and it kinda threw me off for a second . I thought I was seeing shit .
Superjoint Ritual - "A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred" ...... The World's Most Dangerous Band !

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 05:25:58 pm »
Correct, dug my score sheet out of the trash.

Francour, RBI single
9-6-4-3-4
Not sure how to note the extra ball, but I saw it too.
RO RASROS!

Frobie

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 02:08:37 am »
Quote:

Correct, dug my score sheet out of the trash.

Francour, RBI single
9-6-4-3-4
Not sure how to note the extra ball, but I saw it too.

Thanks for the scoring, fellers.  And speaking of scorekeeping...

In the 4th inning tonight, Ausmus fouled a pitch back into the 300-level seats behind home plate on the first base side. If they showed a pudgy white guy in a red Astros cap clumsily drop his clipboard and scoresheet as he threw his hands up either to catch it or just for protection (not sure which), then you saw Frobie.  I still haven't mastered simultaneous scoring and foul ball defense.

At least the people we were sitting beside got the ball. It was one of my wife's coworkers and his 8-year-old brother. All foul balls should go to kids IMO. It pisses me off to see grown men fighting over them.

Had a hell of a good time at the game tonight.  Still pumped up and trying to calm down with a beer or two.  Of course, with the noon start tomorrow I'd better get some sleep!

Edited to add:  Hey, I'm not a Clark anymore!  Well, I mean I'll always truly be a Clark but now I don't have to wear the label.  

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 02:25:04 am »
Good job Frobie.  Great game tonight.
RO RASROS!

Frobie

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 04:52:43 am »
Quote:

Good job Frobie.  Great game tonight.

Well, thanks.  But honestly, Oswalt did most of the work.  All I did was (barely) manage to not get killed by a foul ball.

Though that's more than I do on most days.