Author Topic: 8/23 Angels @ AstrosOHGODMYEYES!  (Read 23551 times)

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
8/23 Angels @ AstrosOHGODMYEYES!
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:09:56 pm »
Jesus Christ, these uniforms are HIDEOUS.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: 8/23 Angels @ AstrosOHGODMYEYES!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 07:11:36 pm »
Angels Lineup

2B Fletch
CF Kiiiid
DH Showtime
RF Koleski
LF J(up emoji)
1B La Maquina
SS Simba
3B Matty
C Bemboom
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:12:39 pm »
Angels Lineup

2B Fletch
CF Kiiiid
DH Showtime
RF Koleski
LF J(up emoji)
1B La Maquina
SS Simba
3B Matty
C Bemboom

Fletch takes ball 1. takes ball 2, low. High pop to the right side. Hauled in by Yuli, 1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:13:17 pm »
Fletch takes ball 1. takes ball 2, low. High pop to the right side. Hauled in by Yuli, 1 out.

Kiiiid takes strike one. Pops a ball a mile in the air. Yuli goes toward the line. Back to the field. Hauled in. 2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:15:19 pm »
Kiiiid takes strike one. Pops a ball a mile in the air. Yuli goes toward the line. Back to the field. Hauled in. 2 outs.

Showtime takes strike 1 down the chute. Swings through a change on the outside corner, 0-2. Just off the plate, ball 1. Slaps an 67 mph outside curve foul.  Drives one to left center, but it's playable, Marisnik hauls it in standing still.

Mid 1

0-0

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 07:17:32 pm »
Showtime takes strike 1 down the chute. Swings through a change on the outside corner, 0-2. Just off the plate, ball 1. Slaps an 67 mph outside curve foul.  Drives one to left center, but it's playable, Marisnik hauls it in standing still.

Mid 1

0-0

Astros Lineup

DH Horhay
2B Tuve
LF Champ
SS A-Breg
1B La Pina
C Pelo Buche
3B Toro
CF Big Fudge
RF Mr Irrelevant

Texifornia

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »
They look like Good Humor men.
He breezed him, one more time!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 07:18:49 pm »
Astros Lineup

DH Horhay
2B Tuve
LF Champ
SS A-Breg
1B La Pina
C Pelo Buche
3B Toro
CF Big Fudge
RF Mr Irrelevant

Horhay takes ball 1 low, takes strike one off the outside corner. Takes ball 2 on the inside corner. This may be a long night. Springer is swinging a bright orange bat. Takes ball 3, just inside. Ball 4, out. Leadoff walk!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 07:19:01 pm »
They look like Good Humor men.

That's not funny.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 07:19:46 pm »
Horhay takes ball 1 low, takes strike one off the outside corner. Takes ball 2 on the inside corner. This may be a long night. Springer is swinging a bright orange bat. Takes ball 3, just inside. Ball 4, out. Leadoff walk!

Tuve bunts on the first pitch, clearly a sacrifice. What the fuck? Springer to 2nd, Altuve out.

1 out.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 07:20:28 pm »
Jesus Christ, these uniforms are HIDEOUS.

This
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 07:21:32 pm »
Settling in to watch my favorite baseball team - the Houston Albinos.
E come vivo? Vivo.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »
These white unis actually hurt my eyes.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 07:24:35 pm »
Tuve bunts on the first pitch, clearly a sacrifice. What the fuck? Springer to 2nd, Altuve out.

1 out.

Champ with a runner on 2nd and 1 out, ball one low and out. Brantley's all white helmet is absolutely covered in pine tar.  Fouls off a cookie right down the pipe, 1-1. Ball, low. I would like to say again that Altuve intentionally sacrificed in his at bat. WHY?! Ball 3, breaking ball that broke WAY outside, 3-1. His helmet looks fucking hilarious. Strike 2, off the outside corner... This HPU fucking sucks so far. Full count fouls off an outside corner that clearly he felt he couldn't take. Same again, but further out. Line drive to left, Upton back and makes the catch at the edge of the warning track in front of the Crawford Boxes.

2 outs.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 07:27:07 pm »
This is supposed to be about the players. Why does the league insist they wear clown suits?
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 07:27:34 pm »
Champ with a runner on 2nd and 1 out, ball one low and out. Brantley's all white helmet is absolutely covered in pine tar.  Fouls off a cookie right down the pipe, 1-1. Ball, low. I would like to say again that Altuve intentionally sacrificed in his at bat. WHY?! Ball 3, breaking ball that broke WAY outside, 3-1. His helmet looks fucking hilarious. Strike 2, off the outside corner... This HPU fucking sucks so far. Full count fouls off an outside corner that clearly he felt he couldn't take. Same again, but further out. Line drive to left, Upton back and makes the catch at the edge of the warning track in front of the Crawford Boxes.

2 outs.

A-Breg up. Blummer lamenting that he didn't go with Bregsit. Ball 1, low. The white helmets are SO FUCKING UGLY. Ball 2 way in.  Breaking ball on the inside corner, Bregs fouls it off, 2-1. Hinch is going by "Skip" this go round for player's weekend. Another breaker on the inside corner, fouled again.  Gary Pettis is wearing GP tonight (he snagged the foul ball). 2-2 pitch Swings over a breaking ball way inside, ponche.

Glad our best overall hitter sac-ed the run over. Fucking idiotic.

End 1

0-0

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 07:28:39 pm »
This is supposed to be about the players. Why does the league insist they wear clown suits?

Because nobody wants to buy a normal jersey with a player's funny nickname on it. They need to be unique (and by unique I mean fucking ugly as shit).

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 07:30:01 pm »
A-Breg up. Blummer lamenting that he didn't go with Bregsit. Ball 1, low. The white helmets are SO FUCKING UGLY. Ball 2 way in.  Breaking ball on the inside corner, Bregs fouls it off, 2-1. Hinch is going by "Skip" this go round for player's weekend. Another breaker on the inside corner, fouled again.  Gary Pettis is wearing GP tonight (he snagged the foul ball). 2-2 pitch Swings over a breaking ball way inside, ponche.

Glad our best overall hitter sac-ed the run over. Fucking idiotic.

End 1

0-0

Top 2

Koleski slashes one to right center, Reddick cuts it off and gets it in quickly to hold him to a single.

Runner on 1st, no outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 07:31:32 pm »
Top 2

Koleski slashes one to right center, Reddick cuts it off and gets it in quickly to hold him to a single.

Runner on 1st, no outs.

J^ takes strike one. Just low. Tonight's HPU is Stu Scheurwater.  Slapped  up the middle, Greinke whiffs and it gets past a diving Altuve for a single in to center.

2 on, no outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 07:33:42 pm »
J^ takes strike one. Just low. Tonight's HPU is Stu Scheurwater.  Slapped  up the middle, Greinke whiffs and it gets past a diving Altuve for a single in to center.

2 on, no outs.

La Machina takes ball one outside, a breaking ball. Just inside, ball 2. Breaking ball at the knees, strike 1. Pujols slaps a breaking ball in the hole between 1st and 2nd on really poor contact, but it finds a hole. Angels score a run and have runners and 1st and 3rd.

1-0 Angels
No outs.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 07:34:46 pm »

These look similar to some of the Nike special edition CFB unis, which i assume are subjected to extensive market research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 07:37:02 pm »
damn, that was a great attempt at the DP

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 07:37:21 pm »
La Machina takes ball one outside, a breaking ball. Just inside, ball 2. Breaking ball at the knees, strike 1. Pujols slaps a breaking ball in the hole between 1st and 2nd on really poor contact, but it finds a hole. Angels score a run and have runners and 1st and 3rd.

1-0 Angels
No outs.

Simba takes strike one on the knees. Pops up a knee high fastball over the netting, foul. 0-2 pitch. Curve ball in, Simmons tried really hard to get hit by it, but couldn't push his junk far enough back toward the plate to get hit, 1-2. Fouled off a low breaker. Breaking ball, low. 2-2 pitch grounded softly to short, Bregman flips to Altuve from his glove and Altuve barehands and fires to first, JUST safe at first.

2-0 Angels
1 out.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 07:38:08 pm »
Shift hits

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 07:39:05 pm »
Simba takes strike one on the knees. Pops up a knee high fastball over the netting, foul. 0-2 pitch. Curve ball in, Simmons tried really hard to get hit by it, but couldn't push his junk far enough back toward the plate to get hit, 1-2. Fouled off a low breaker. Breaking ball, low. 2-2 pitch grounded softly to short, Bregman flips to Altuve from his glove and Altuve barehands and fires to first, JUST safe at first.

2-0 Angels
1 out.

Matty squares to bunt, takes a ball. Takes ball 2 outside. Greinke struggling to find the outside corner on an umpire that is very generous out there. Ripped at Toro in the SS position, dropped initially, throws to 2nd for the force, then to first, safe. If Toro fields that on the line, that was an easy double play, Simmonds was running.

2 outs.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:46 pm »
Matty squares to bunt, takes a ball. Takes ball 2 outside. Greinke struggling to find the outside corner on an umpire that is very generous out there. Ripped at Toro in the SS position, dropped initially, throws to 2nd for the force, then to first, safe. If Toro fields that on the line, that was an easy double play, Simmonds was running.

2 outs.

If he doesn't bobble it trying to stick a fork in it its a double play too.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 07:41:01 pm »

2 outs.

Benboom takes a strike. Takes a ball. Throw over, not close. 1-1 pitch way out, ball 2. Greinke REALLY struggling with control on outside pitches. Roller to Toro who is playing SS in the shift, flips to 2nd. 3 outs.

2-0 Angels

Mid 2.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 07:44:09 pm »
Benboom takes a strike. Takes a ball. Throw over, not close. 1-1 pitch way out, ball 2. Greinke REALLY struggling with control on outside pitches. Roller to Toro who is playing SS in the shift, flips to 2nd. 3 outs.

2-0 Angels

Mid 2.

Bottom 2

La Pina takes ball one, out. Up, ball 2 on a check swing. Oh wow! Yuli's bat is actually painted like a pineapple! That's AWESOME! Takes strike one on the inside corner. Takes strike 2 on the inside corner. 2-2 pitch flies a cookie right down the fucking middle to Trout, who takes maybe a step to his left.

1 out.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:00 pm »
Today is National Cuban Sandwich Day.  I did not have one for lunch, but I made some café Cubano before the game  Drank the whole pot.  I should be able to stay awake through tomorrow's game.  I'm hoping it's a little fuel for Yuli and Alvarez.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:58 pm »
Bottom 2

La Pina takes ball one, out. Up, ball 2 on a check swing. Oh wow! Yuli's bat is actually painted like a pineapple! That's AWESOME! Takes strike one on the inside corner. Takes strike 2 on the inside corner. 2-2 pitch flies a cookie right down the fucking middle to Trout, who takes maybe a step to his left.

1 out.

Chirinos takes strike 1.Takes ball 1, 6 inches outside. Fouls off a pitch just off the outside corner, 1-2. Fouls off an up and in fastball (it was a strike). Another foul. Astros hitless so far against Suarez. Breaker low and in, ball 2. Ball 3, out and framed like a fucking clown by this rookie catcher. Grounded hard but right at short, 6-3.

2 outs.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 07:47:31 pm »
Today is National Cuban Sandwich Day.  I did not have one for lunch, but I made some café Cubano before the game  Drank the whole pot.  I should be able to stay awake through tomorrow's game.  I'm hoping it's a little fuel for Yuli and Alvarez.

Have you found a purveyor of delicious Cuban sandwiches in Houston?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 07:48:00 pm »

You should have sent some down to the park, because they look like they're sleep-walking again.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 07:48:12 pm »
Chirinos takes strike 1.Takes ball 1, 6 inches outside. Fouls off a pitch just off the outside corner, 1-2. Fouls off an up and in fastball (it was a strike). Another foul. Astros hitless so far against Suarez. Breaker low and in, ball 2. Ball 3, out and framed like a fucking clown by this rookie catcher. Grounded hard but right at short, 6-3.

2 outs.

Toro takes strike 1 on a breaking ball. Low, ball 1. Grounded sharply in to the shift, SS throws him out 6-3.

3 outs.

End 2

2-0 Angels

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 07:51:23 pm »
Have you found a purveyor of delicious Cuban sandwiches in Houston?

Nope.  Nothing even close to the real deal.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 07:52:08 pm »
Toro takes strike 1 on a breaking ball. Low, ball 1. Grounded sharply in to the shift, SS throws him out 6-3.

3 outs.

End 2

2-0 Angels

Fletcher shitty roller to short, Bregman charges and makes a desperation throw that sails over Yuli, single. Runner doesn't advance.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 07:53:25 pm »
You should have sent some down to the park, because they look like they're sleep-walking again.

I envision Yuli and Yordan sitting around the clubhouse drinking coffee and playing dominoes. 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
Fletcher shitty roller to short, Bregman charges and makes a desperation throw that sails over Yuli, single. Runner doesn't advance.

Trout takes strike 1. Strike 2 right on the outside corner. Off the outside corner, 1-2. Bounced, 2-2. Check swing foul. Trout swings over a low changeup, PONCHE!

1 out.

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 07:55:07 pm »
I envision Yuli and Yordan sitting around the clubhouse drinking coffee and playing dominoes.

Yup.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 07:57:10 pm »
Trout takes strike 1. Strike 2 right on the outside corner. Off the outside corner, 1-2. Bounced, 2-2. Check swing foul. Trout swings over a low changeup, PONCHE!

1 out.

Otani takes ball one, out. Pickoff not close. Just out, ball 2. Both of those pitches were balls, and right in the same spot about 6 inches outside. Change low, Otani swings over it. Grounder right at Altuve, 4-6-3 on a pretty turn.

Mid 3.

2-0 Angels

Note to Astros: WAKE THE FUCK UP, YOU SCRUBS.

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2019, 07:58:25 pm »
Players' (Humiliation) Weekend. It's just like dressing up your pet poodle in ear ribbons and a tutu.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:03:40 pm by geezerdonk »
E come vivo? Vivo.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2019, 08:00:19 pm »
Players' (Humiliation) Weekend. It's just like dressing up you pet poodle in ear ribbons and a tutu.

The players are being punished for something.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2019, 08:00:56 pm »
Otani takes ball one, out. Pickoff not close. Just out, ball 2. Both of those pitches were balls, and right in the same spot about 6 inches outside. Change low, Otani swings over it. Grounder right at Altuve, 4-6-3 on a pretty turn.

Mid 3.

2-0 Angels

Note to Astros: WAKE THE FUCK UP, YOU SCRUBS.

Big Fudge takes ball one, out. Fouls off a pitch on the outside corner, 1-1. Swings over a knee high change, 1-2. Fouls off a high fastball. Way in, ball 2. 2-2 pitch Change low, 3-2.  Change low, leadoff walk.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2019, 08:02:11 pm »
Big Fudge takes ball one, out. Fouls off a pitch on the outside corner, 1-1. Swings over a knee high change, 1-2. Fouls off a high fastball. Way in, ball 2. 2-2 pitch Change low, 3-2.  Change low, leadoff walk.

Mr. Irrelevant Suarez balk move to first, not close. Takes a fastball, strike 1.  Lines a ball up the middle through for a base hit!

2 on, nobody out.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2019, 08:02:57 pm »
Mr. Irrelevant Suarez balk move to first...

No shit.  Suarez stepped directly towards home plate and threw to 1B.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2019, 08:03:11 pm »
Springer's uniform/bat combo is next level.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2019, 08:04:17 pm »
Altuve looks taller wearing all white.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2019, 08:04:47 pm »
Mr. Irrelevant Suarez balk move to first, not close. Takes a fastball, strike 1.  Lines a ball up the middle through for a base hit!

2 on, nobody out.

Springer takes ball 1, low. Off the inside corner, strike 1. 1-1 pitch way inside, 2-1. Grounds a knee high fastball right at SS, 6-4-3. WHY ARE YOU SWINGING AT THAT PITCH WITH LESS THAN 2 STRIKES?!

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2019, 08:05:26 pm »
Altuve looks taller wearing all white.

Ha I was going to say he’s the littlest storm trooper ever.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2019, 08:06:46 pm »
Nice pick up, Jose!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2019, 08:07:04 pm »
Springer takes ball 1, low. Off the inside corner, strike 1. 1-1 pitch way inside, 2-1. Grounds a knee high fastball right at SS, 6-4-3. WHY ARE YOU SWINGING AT THAT PITCH WITH LESS THAN 2 STRIKES?!

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

Altuve takes a ball, low. Gets away, but not far. 1-0 pitch swings over a slider, not even close. Takes a center cut fastball, 1-2 (fucking. infuriating). Slaps a fastball near the outside corner right back up the middle, base hit!

2-1 Angels

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2019, 08:08:15 pm »
Springer's uniform/bat combo is next level.

McTag tweeted the bat looks like a light saber.
Goin' for a bus ride.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2019, 08:09:01 pm »
Altuve takes a ball, low. Gets away, but not far. 1-0 pitch swings over a slider, not even close. Takes a center cut fastball, 1-2 (fucking. infuriating). Slaps a fastball near the outside corner right back up the middle, base hit!

2-1 Angels

Brantley takes one way inside, ball 1.  Throw over, not close. Swings over a breaker, 1-1.  Doinks one to center Trout coming in it falls in! Altuve flying around 2nd and goes to 3rd.

1st and 3rd, 2 outs.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »
This players weekend seems like something Pam Gardner would have cooked up.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2019, 08:15:40 pm »
Brantley takes one way inside, ball 1.  Throw over, not close. Swings over a breaker, 1-1.  Doinks one to center Trout coming in it falls in! Altuve flying around 2nd and goes to 3rd.

1st and 3rd, 2 outs.

Breggers takes ball 1, low. Balk again to first, not close. His steps are about 60 percent toward home. Where's Bob Davidson when you need him? Fouled off a change up, 1-1. Swings over a change up that was probably a little low, 1-2. Fouls off the same pitch. 1-2 pitch throws over. Again. Fouled a fastball. Fouls off another low change. Center cut fastball at 95!, fouled off. Still 1-2, Breaking ball low and in, hit straight up. Simmonds hauls it in.

End 3
2-1 Angels. Springer's at bat was a fucking backbreaker.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2019, 08:15:50 pm »
This players weekend seems like something Pam Gardner would have cooked up.

I think I've just been triggered.
Goin' for a bus ride.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2019, 08:15:57 pm »
I'd like to think I speak for all of us when I say I certainly am glad they aren't doing this all white business after Labor Day.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2019, 08:18:40 pm »
Greinke needs to stop throwing meatballs to Koleski.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2019, 08:19:00 pm »
Breggers takes ball 1, low. Balk again to first, not close. His steps are about 60 percent toward home. Where's Bob Davidson when you need him? Fouled off a change up, 1-1. Swings over a change up that was probably a little low, 1-2. Fouls off the same pitch. 1-2 pitch throws over. Again. Fouled a fastball. Fouls off another low change. Center cut fastball at 95!, fouled off. Still 1-2, Breaking ball low and in, hit straight up. Simmonds hauls it in.

End 3
2-1 Angels. Springer's at bat was a fucking backbreaker.

Top 4

Comrade Kolesli takes a strike, takes a ball. 1-1, ball outside. Drilled to right field, off the wall. Leadoff double.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2019, 08:19:39 pm »
Top 4

Comrade Kolesli takes a strike, takes a ball. 1-1, ball outside. Drilled to right field, off the wall. Leadoff double.

Runner on 2nd, no outs.

Upton pops the first pitch up. Altuve under and hauls it in.

1 out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2019, 08:20:19 pm »
Thank heaven that was Pujols going down the line.

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2019, 08:20:33 pm »
So I’m late tuning in... but WHAT THE FUCK?! How is this a good idea?! Who did this to us?

I was excited about watching half a game but now it’s the radio for me. Someone should be fired for these uniforms.

Also, Mraup, seriously digging the lineup names.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2019, 08:21:19 pm »
Runner on 2nd, no outs.

Upton pops the first pitch up. Altuve under and hauls it in.

1 out.

Pujols takes a strike on the inside corner. Man, Albert has put on a few lbs in the last few years. Dinked to 3rd, Toro charges and fires, throws him out by a few steps.

2 outs. Runner holds at 2nd.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2019, 08:21:53 pm »
Also, Mraup, seriously digging the lineup names.

He's not making them up, you know.
Y todo lo que sube baja

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2019, 08:22:41 pm »

Yup. Been reading. Just liked the summary.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2019, 08:23:15 pm »
Pujols takes a strike on the inside corner. Man, Albert has put on a few lbs in the last few years. Dinked to 3rd, Toro charges and fires, throws him out by a few steps.

2 outs. Runner holds at 2nd.

Simmonds takes ball on, low and out. Twitter folks are calling this game "Cons vs. Guards" ala Longest Yard with these ugly fucking unis. 1-0 hit a mile in the air. Uncle Mike a few steps in and hauls it in.

3 outs.

Hey Astros bats, SERIOUSLY! THIS GUY FUCKING SUCKS! GET SOME FUCKING HITS!

Mid 4

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2019, 08:23:45 pm »

I will happily do my own nicknames going forward, but be warned, it might be a touch offensive.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2019, 08:24:41 pm »
Is Yuli's bat painted like a corn cob?

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2019, 08:25:10 pm »
I will happily do my own nicknames going forward, but be warned, it might be a touch offensive.

Cannot be worse than referencing Pam Gardner.
Goin' for a bus ride.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2019, 08:25:24 pm »

Bottom 4

Yulit takes a strike. Lines one right at Upton.

1 out.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2019, 08:25:30 pm »
Is Yuli's bat painted like a corn cob?

Pineapp!e
Goin' for a bus ride.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2019, 08:25:43 pm »
Cannot be worse than referencing Pam Gardner.

Aaaaa-zing.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2019, 08:26:10 pm »
Angels have not read the scouting report on Pelo Buche. 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2019, 08:26:41 pm »
Simmonds takes ball on, low and out. Twitter folks are calling this game "Cons vs. Guards" ala Longest Yard with these ugly fucking unis. 1-0 hit a mile in the air. Uncle Mike a few steps in and hauls it in.

3 outs.

Hey Astros bats, SERIOUSLY! THIS GUY FUCKING SUCKS! GET SOME FUCKING HITS!

Mid 4

Chirinos whacks one to left center, it sits down and Chirinos cruises in to 2nd with a career best 18th double.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:22 pm »
Why is Chirinos still on 2nd?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »
Chirinos whacks one to left center, it sits down and Chirinos cruises in to 2nd with a career best 18th double.

Toro smacks one  up the middle between the pitcher's legs. Fletcher makes the play behind 2nd and fires but Toro is FLYING down the line, SAFE!

1st and 2nd, 1 out.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2019, 08:27:52 pm »
Big Fudge with an RBI knock!

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2019, 08:28:38 pm »
Jake.  nice hitting there.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:09 pm »
Why is Chirinos still on 2nd?

By the time it was apparent that the pitcher wouldn't get it, it was too late to go.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:20 pm »
Jake.  nice hitting there.

Thunder stealers!

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:47 pm »
Remember that time when Abraham served the Angels.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »
Thunder stealers!

Quick to the ball, son.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:56 pm »
I expect trout to catch everything it to center.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2019, 08:30:13 pm »
By the time it was apparent that the pitcher wouldn't get it, it was too late to go.

But where the fielder was positioned, his momentum carried him out into right field (sort of).  would he have really spun around and fired to third?  I mean, it's all moot now, so no big deal.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
Thunder stealers!

You're first time in the GZ?
Goin' for a bus ride.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2019, 08:30:41 pm »
I expect trout to catch everything it to center.

Couple of balls tonight where it looks like he didn't get a good read/jump.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2019, 08:31:24 pm »
Reddick takes a strike, fouls one back. Toro almost hit 30 feet per second on his infield hit. 0-2 pitch way inside, Reddick back offs. 1-2. Swings over a slider at the knees, 2 outs. That was very hittable.

2 outs.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2019, 08:31:42 pm »
Damn missed opportunity as Reddick Ks with runner at 3rd and only one out

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2019, 08:31:52 pm »
Killer at bat by Reddick.  Gotta find a way to put a ball in play and punch that go-ahead run across. 

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2019, 08:32:30 pm »
Damn. Josh is scuffling.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2019, 08:32:42 pm »
Couple of balls tonight where it looks like he didn't get a good read/jump.

Perhaps he has been blinded by the white.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2019, 08:33:01 pm »
Reddick takes a strike, fouls one back. Toro almost hit 30 feet per second on his infield hit. 0-2 pitch way inside, Reddick back offs. 1-2. Swings over a slider at the knees, 2 outs. That was very hittable.

2 outs.

Springer takes strike one off the outside corner. Stu Swhatever is shitty. Up and in, ball 1. 1-1 count, I missed a pitch, it's 2-1 Angels have action in the pen. Springer gets a meatball and grounds it to 3rd, 5-4 to end the inning.

2-2

End 4.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2019, 08:33:19 pm »

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:10 pm »
But where the fielder was positioned, his momentum carried him out into right field (sort of).  would he have really spun around and fired to third?  I mean, it's all moot now, so no big deal.

You're talking about Chirinos, not Altuve. Also, probably a little fresh in everyone's mind that making dumb outs at 3rd is gonna get you yelled at.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:29 pm »
* Your?

Attakid...now you're chunkin' it in there...

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:59 pm »
You're talking about Chirinos, not Altuve. Also, probably a little fresh in everyone's mind that making dumb outs at 3rd is gonna get you yelled at.

Ha, good point.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2019, 08:36:10 pm »
Remember that time when Abraham served the Angels.

God said, No, Abe said, What?
Y todo lo que sube baja

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2019, 08:37:13 pm »
Perhaps he has been blinded by the white.

Strapped up like a deuce and a na na in the night!

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2019, 08:37:27 pm »
We don't talk enough about the shiftfuck doubles...balls that should be singles that turn into doubles.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2019, 08:37:33 pm »
Springer takes strike one off the outside corner. Stu Swhatever is shitty. Up and in, ball 1. 1-1 count, I missed a pitch, it's 2-1 Angels have action in the pen. Springer gets a meatball and grounds it to 3rd, 5-4 to end the inning.

2-2

End 4.

The Yankees got swept by the A's this week.

Thaiss takes ball one, called a strike off the outside corner. Up and out, 1-1. Swings over a breaker, 1-2. Fouled off an outside fastball. Slow curve right down the fucking middle hammered on a line to right, Reddick slides to cut it from getting to the fence and fires it back in, but not in time. Theiss on 2nd, nobody out. Reddick looks a little worse for wear after that play.

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2019, 08:37:46 pm »

So I am/was a big Key and Peele fan. “Fudge” will always make me laugh. That was the pinnacle of the “East vs. West” series of skits.

Still makes me laugh....

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2019, 08:38:36 pm »
Is the 45 on the Astros jersey for Skaggs?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2019, 08:38:54 pm »
So I am/was a big Key and Peele fan. “Fudge” will always make me laugh. That was the pinnacle of the “East vs. West” series of skits.

Still makes me laugh....

The best story is about Jake and his roommate in the minors getting a dog and naming it "Little Fudge".

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2019, 08:39:34 pm »
The Yankees got swept by the A's this week.

Thaiss takes ball one, called a strike off the outside corner. Up and out, 1-1. Swings over a breaker, 1-2. Fouled off an outside fastball. Slow curve right down the fucking middle hammered on a line to right, Reddick slides to cut it from getting to the fence and fires it back in, but not in time. Theiss on 2nd, nobody out. Reddick looks a little worse for wear after that play.

Fouled off strike one. Takes a ball off the outside corner, strike 2. Greinke getting closer to the plate now and getting calls. Ball 1, low and out. Chopped to short, Theiss moves to 3rd and Bregman makes a nice pick and throw, 6-3.

1 out, runner on 3rd.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2019, 08:39:45 pm »
Now the shift sends a runner to 3B with one out.  Got an out, but...

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »
Fouled off strike one. Takes a ball off the outside corner, strike 2. Greinke getting closer to the plate now and getting calls. Ball 1, low and out. Chopped to short, Theiss moves to 3rd and Bregman makes a nice pick and throw, 6-3.

1 out, runner on 3rd.

Fletch takes a fastball on the outside corner. Breaker low, ball 1. Grounded to short with the infield in, Bregman looks the runner back and fires 6-3.

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2019, 08:41:16 pm »

Abe said "Where do you want this scoring done?" God said "Out on Highway 61"

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2019, 08:42:35 pm »
Fletch takes a fastball on the outside corner. Breaker low, ball 1. Grounded to short with the infield in, Bregman looks the runner back and fires 6-3.

2 outs, runner on 3rd.

Trout takes a breaker, strike 1. Uh, apparently Astros Bases Loaded won an Emmy this year... What? That's pretty amazing. TK congratulated Julia on it. Fast ball right down the pipe popped straight up. Altuve gobbles it up.

Mid 5

2-2

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2019, 08:42:43 pm »

Are you more of an Old Testament guy or a New Testament guy?

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2019, 08:42:53 pm »
I'd like to think I speak for all of us when I say I certainly am glad they aren't doing this all white business after Labor Day.

this is funny.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2019, 08:43:45 pm »

Yes it is.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2019, 08:43:55 pm »

Not gonna get into specifics.  I've done more for gays than anyone in history. 

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2019, 08:45:37 pm »

They are on all mlb unis this weekend

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2019, 08:45:57 pm »
Trout takes a breaker, strike 1. Uh, apparently Astros Bases Loaded won an Emmy this year... What? That's pretty amazing. TK congratulated Julia on it. Fast ball right down the pipe popped straight up. Altuve gobbles it up.

Mid 5

2-2

Bottom 5

Altuve takes ball one, low. Suarez is at 78 pitches. Ball 2, low and in. Strike 1 on the outside corner. Meatball right down the middle popped to center. 1 out.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2019, 08:46:01 pm »
Black baseball pants just look bad.  On anyone.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2019, 08:47:35 pm »
Black baseball pants just look bad.  On anyone.

Agreed.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2019, 08:47:52 pm »
Bottom 5

Altuve takes ball one, low. Suarez is at 78 pitches. Ball 2, low and in. Strike 1 on the outside corner. Meatball right down the middle popped to center. 1 out.

Brantley takes strike one at the top of the zone. Regarding black baseball pants, anyone that isn't built like Adonis looks like they shit their pants. Ball 1, out. Fouls off an inside fastball, 1-2. Bounced outside, 2-2. Swings over a low breaking ball, 2 outs.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2019, 08:48:15 pm »
Bregman needs to be sitting on a change up this AB

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:02 pm »
Brantley takes strike one at the top of the zone. Regarding black baseball pants, anyone that isn't built like Adonis looks like they shit their pants. Ball 1, out. Fouls off an inside fastball, 1-2. Bounced outside, 2-2. Swings over a low breaking ball, 2 outs.

Bregman takes a fastball on the outside corner, strike 1. Takes another outside corner pitch, strike 2. Bounced, ball 1. Bounced again. Suarzed about to throw the most pitches he's tossed in his MLB career... Meatball Bregman rips down the LF line past a diving third sacker, easy double.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:04 pm »

You know, I have to say I love them both equally. I really think they're both terrific.
Y todo lo que sube baja

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:40 pm »
Bregman takes a fastball on the outside corner, strike 1. Takes another outside corner pitch, strike 2. Bounced, ball 1. Bounced again. Suarzed about to throw the most pitches he's tossed in his MLB career... Meatball Bregman rips down the LF line past a diving third sacker, easy double.

Ausmus out to chat with Suarez. Talky talky, no more talky. Suarez out.

Back in a bit with a new pitcher.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:49 pm »
“A-Breg” is quite an underwhelming moniker.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2019, 08:51:15 pm »
Hey, who the hell is that guy out there who looks like Brad Azmiss?
Y todo lo que sube baja

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2019, 08:52:16 pm »
You know, I have to say I love them both equally. I really think they're both terrific.

Nobody in history has done more for Christianity...no one.  Just ask the Jews.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2019, 08:52:37 pm »
“A-Breg” is quite an underwhelming moniker.

I'd have tried to talk him into U-Tuber.
Y todo lo que sube baja

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2019, 08:53:01 pm »

You've already finished one pitcher? You need to pace yourself or you won't be able to finish the game.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2019, 08:54:48 pm »
That first pitch to Yuli is a strike if the catcher wasn't fooled and flailed to catch it.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2019, 08:55:24 pm »
Seems like J.K. Simmons has made enough money doing television and movies he could quit his customer service manager job at Farmers Insurance if he wanted too.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2019, 08:55:40 pm »
Yuli!!!

El caballero en saten blanco!!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2019, 08:55:46 pm »
Ausmus out to chat with Suarez. Talky talky, no more talky. Suarez out.

Noe Ramirez "Nono" in to face La Pina. This is the clown that dotted Big Fudge last series. Ball one, low and out. Friendly reminder that Breggers is standing on 2nd with  outs. Ball 2, just outside on a slider. Same spot as ball 1. 2-0 pitch Under the zone, strike 1 (fuck you, Stu). 2-1 pitch slider on the inside corner (this one was actually a strike), 2-2. Fastball on the outside corner driven to right. Comrade back, looking up! GONE!

4-2 Astros!

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2019, 08:56:01 pm »
La Pina! 🍍

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »
I would tell you my favorite verse but, it's personal.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2019, 08:57:29 pm »
Goin' for a bus ride.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2019, 08:57:45 pm »
So if La Piña hits an oppo taco, surely it's a taco al pastor, right?
Y todo lo que sube baja

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2019, 08:58:02 pm »
Yuli has to be in the running for team MVP.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2019, 08:58:48 pm »
So if La Piña hits an oppo taco, surely it's a taco al pastor, right?

Gotta be the coffee, dog

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2019, 08:59:19 pm »
Noe Ramirez "Nono" in to face La Pina. This is the clown that dotted Big Fudge last series. Ball one, low and out. Friendly reminder that Breggers is standing on 2nd with  outs. Ball 2, just outside on a slider. Same spot as ball 1. 2-0 pitch Under the zone, strike 1 (fuck you, Stu). 2-1 pitch slider on the inside corner (this one was actually a strike), 2-2. Fastball on the outside corner driven to right. Comrade back, looking up! GONE!

4-2 Astros!

Yuli switched back to his normal bat for that AB. Maldonado was chasing him with the pineapple bat when he got back to the dugout. Amazing. Chirinos takes strike 1, swings over a breaker, strike 2. Yuli's homer was 3 rows deep in dead right. Ball 1, low and in. Up, ball 2. Breaker that ends  up right down the pipe fouled over the screen. Still 2-2, Low and out, fills it up.  Swings over a slider.

End 5

4-2 Astros (while they replay Maldonado harassing Yuli in the dugout)

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2019, 08:59:33 pm »

Nominated.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2019, 09:00:35 pm »
I just realized that these uniforms make them look like cricketers, particularly with the white helmets at the plate.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »
Yuli switched back to his normal bat for that AB. Maldonado was chasing him with the pineapple bat when he got back to the dugout. Amazing. Chirinos takes strike 1, swings over a breaker, strike 2. Yuli's homer was 3 rows deep in dead right. Ball 1, low and in. Up, ball 2. Breaker that ends  up right down the pipe fouled over the screen. Still 2-2, Low and out, fills it up.  Swings over a slider.

End 5

4-2 Astros (while they replay Maldonado harassing Yuli in the dugout)

Otani grounds one a few steps to Altuve's right, he clanks it and Otani is safe. Pretty terrible error to lead off the 6th.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2019, 09:01:52 pm »
Come one boys...need a zero...that is not a good start.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2019, 09:02:16 pm »
What is this shit?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2019, 09:02:43 pm »
Another shiftfuck grounder...Angels on the corner, nobody out...

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2019, 09:02:53 pm »
Otani grounds one a few steps to Altuve's right, he clanks it and Otani is safe. Pretty terrible error to lead off the 6th.

Kole smashes one through the shift between SS and 2B (both on the right side of the infield). Otani moves to 3rd easily. 1st and 3rd, no outs AGAIN.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2019, 09:03:05 pm »
What is this shit?

Astros scored.  It's kind of rule now.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2019, 09:03:30 pm »
I just realized that these uniforms make them look like cricketers, particularly with the white helmets at the plate.

Cricketers only wear whites in the long version of the game, they wear pyjamas the rest of the time.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2019, 09:05:18 pm »
I bought a big Dorado yesterday, a mahi mahi, and I'm about to cook some of it cholo style, which is portion it, wrap it loosely in foil with a bit of simple seasoning, I'm going to drizzle a little olive oil on it, and then toss it on the grill quickly.

I talked with a guy today about the fishing situation out here. He said you have to go out onto the rocks and fish beyond there, that there are plenty of fish out there, or you can, as I suspected, walk down to where the river empties and do OK there. He said it's best to fish off a kayak out in front of the rocks and cast back in towards them. Fortunately, I have an inflatable kayak, so I'll try that out. He also said the best rig for fishing around the rocks is nothing more than a hook and a little slip shot for a bit of weight, cast it out there and there you go.
Y todo lo que sube baja

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2019, 09:06:59 pm »
Kole smashes one through the shift between SS and 2B (both on the right side of the infield). Otani moves to 3rd easily. 1st and 3rd, no outs AGAIN.

Upton takes a pitch that's been a strike all night, ball one just off the outside corner. Ball 2, breaker low and out. Swings over a breaker with a massive swing, 2-1. Fastball at the knees, strike 2. 2-2 pitch inside, 3-2. Inside fastball fouled off, still full. Breaking ball slapped to 3rd, fired to 2nd for an out and Altuve with a quick fire to first, Upton just safe.

1 out, runner on 1st.

4-3 Astros

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2019, 09:07:01 pm »
Unearned run scores...4-3 now

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2019, 09:07:29 pm »
I bought a big Dorado yesterday, a mahi mahi, and I'm about to cook some of it cholo style, which is portion it, wrap it loosely in foil with a bit of simple seasoning, I'm going to drizzle a little olive oil on it, and then toss it on the grill quickly.

I talked with a guy today about the fishing situation out here. He said you have to go out onto the rocks and fish beyond there, that there are plenty of fish out there, or you can, as I suspected, walk down to where the river empties and do OK there. He said it's best to fish off a kayak out in front of the rocks and cast back in towards them. Fortunately, I have an inflatable kayak, so I'll try that out. He also said the best rig for fishing around the rocks is nothing more than a hook and a little slip shot for a bit of weight, cast it out there and there you go.

Chuck casting from an inflatable kayak. What could possibly go wrong?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2019, 09:08:22 pm »
Upton takes a pitch that's been a strike all night, ball one just off the outside corner. Ball 2, breaker low and out. Swings over a breaker with a massive swing, 2-1. Fastball at the knees, strike 2. 2-2 pitch inside, 3-2. Inside fastball fouled off, still full. Breaking ball slapped to 3rd, fired to 2nd for an out and Altuve with a quick fire to first, Upton just safe.

1 out, runner on 1st.

4-3 Astros

Pujols up, has grounded in to 17 double plays this season. Fists an inside fastball to left for a single.

1st and 2nd, one out.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2019, 09:08:32 pm »

I like to put my fish directly on the grill, especially Mahi.  Yes, it falls apart, but if I'm making tacos anyway...

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2019, 09:08:59 pm »
Pooholes has hit into more DPs than anyone in the history of baseball.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2019, 09:11:38 pm »
Pujols up, has grounded in to 17 double plays this season. Fists an inside fastball to left for a single.

1st and 2nd, one out.

Simmonds chops one foul down the 3b line. He's ground in to 16 double plays this season, and just came off the IL after spraining his ankle. 0-1 pitch Popped in to the seats from one knee, Springer-style (I fucking HATE that shit).  Bounced, ball 1. Bounced again, Greinke overthrowing REALLY badly suddenly. Chopped right to Greinke, turns and fires 1-4-3, DOUBLE PLAY!

Mid 6

4-3 Astros

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »
Error cost a run.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2019, 09:12:58 pm »

I've done plenty of kayak fishing, would not consider using an inflatable.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2019, 09:13:27 pm »
Another shiftfuck grounder...Angels on the corner, nobody out...

I feel like a smash through the teeth of the shift shouldn't be called a shiftfuck.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:42 pm »
I feel like a smash through the teeth of the shift shouldn't be called a shiftfuck.

It's an out at normal positioning.  My ruling is final. 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2019, 09:14:53 pm »
Simmonds chops one foul down the 3b line. He's ground in to 16 double plays this season, and just came off the IL after spraining his ankle. 0-1 pitch Popped in to the seats from one knee, Springer-style (I fucking HATE that shit).  Bounced, ball 1. Bounced again, Greinke overthrowing REALLY badly suddenly. Chopped right to Greinke, turns and fires 1-4-3, DOUBLE PLAY!

Mid 6

4-3 Astros

Bottom 6

Today is a scheduled day off for Yordan, in case anyone was wondering.

Toro takes a ball, takes a strike. Chopper to the right side, Noe whiffs entirely and Toro is safe easily!

(waiting for a OS decision).

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2019, 09:16:45 pm »
Bottom 6

Today is a scheduled day off for Yordan, in case anyone was wondering.

Toro takes a ball, takes a strike. Chopper to the right side, Noe whiffs entirely and Toro is safe easily!

(waiting for a OS decision).

(Super questionably ruled a hit)

Big Fudge takes ball 1, Toro going on strike one, SUPER awkward side but Toro is somehow safe! On replay, Fletcher kicked his foot off the bag and tags him while he's off. We're reviewing it apparently. Curious to see how this goes.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2019, 09:16:57 pm »
Toro is safe.  Even with Fletcher trying to kick him off the bag.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:00 pm »

I bought it off this guy who was crazy as fuck. He lived up in the mountains, not sure what he was doing with the kayak in the first place. Anyway, he would walk around town ranting to himself out loud. He eventually moved to Ecuador.

I just remembered that I had some problems buying it because I was in Argentina at the time and PayPal doesn't work all that great down there.

It's pretty stable, actually. I feel like I can do pretty much whatever I want with it in calmish seas.

I like to put fish directly on the grill, too, but the cholo method is great. I was out with a buddy once and we caught so many wahoo that we eventually got tired of it. We ended up feeding the whole town.
Y todo lo que sube baja

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:17 pm »

Totally agree. He hit it through the shift.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:51 pm »
What in the actual fuck? Players can be kicked off the base now?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2019, 09:19:02 pm »
What in the actual fuck? Players can be kicked off the base now?

Hrbek was ahead of his time.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2019, 09:19:12 pm »
(Super questionably ruled a hit)

Big Fudge takes ball 1, Toro going on strike one, SUPER awkward side but Toro is somehow safe! On replay, Fletcher kicked his foot off the bag and tags him while he's off. We're reviewing it apparently. Curious to see how this goes.

Toro absolutely fucked by replay somehow. Fletcher clearly kicked him off the bag, but apparently that's fine. He's out.

1 out.

Marisnik swings over a pitch, 1-2. Low, ball 2 . Fouled off a high FB. And of course Marisnik singles to left.

2 outs, runner on first.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2019, 09:19:46 pm »
What the fuck guys...

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:10 pm »
I like to put my fish directly on the grill, especially Mahi.  Yes, it falls apart, but if I'm making tacos anyway...

Regardless if it’s on the grill or an a smoker all my fish goes on a piece of oiled foil. I prefer skin on.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:16 pm »
Toro absolutely fucked by replay somehow. Fletcher clearly kicked him off the bag, but apparently that's fine. He's out.

1 out.

Marisnik swings over a pitch, 1-2. Low, ball 2 . Fouled off a high FB. And of course Marisnik singles to left.

2 outs, runner on first.

Reddick takes a ball and Marisnik is running, gunned out at 2nd on a nice toss by Benboom. Uh. On replay Jake looked safe. Not sure this will be reviewed. Nope. Out a 2nd. Josh grounds out 3-1 to end the inning.

Cannot fucking believe Toro got called out on replay. What a fuckjob.

End 6

4-3 Astros

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:33 pm »
Both of those guys were safe.

Toro's mom cracks me up. She gave one of the more incoherent interviews you'll hear the other day.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:40 pm »
What the fuck guys...

I assume they are ruling his momentum carried him off, but I would say that's debatable.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2019, 09:22:05 pm »
Both of those guys were safe.

Toro's mom cracks me up. She gave one of the more incoherent interviews you'll hear the other day.

That was kind of sad and uncomfortable at the end.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2019, 09:22:42 pm »
I assume they are ruling his momentum carried him off, but I would say that's debatable.

His momentum carried him off.  Fletcher's foot made sure he couldn't get back. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2019, 09:23:44 pm »

She was excited, it was loud, English is her second (or third or fourth) language...why would it be sad?

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2019, 09:24:33 pm »
She was excited, it was loud, English is her second (or third or fourth) language...why would it be sad?

I just felt bad for her.  I realize English is her second language.  That's why I felt bad for her.  I can barely speak one language.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2019, 09:25:04 pm »
Reddick takes a ball and Marisnik is running, gunned out at 2nd on a nice toss by Benboom. Uh. On replay Jake looked safe. Not sure this will be reviewed. Nope. Out a 2nd. Josh grounds out 3-1 to end the inning.

Cannot fucking believe Toro got called out on replay. What a fuckjob.

End 6

4-3 Astros

Greinke still in the game. Thaiss takes strike 1. Swings over a breaker, strike 2. Will Harris just starting to tune up in the pen. Up, ball 1. Up, ball 2. Broadcast team suggesting that Osuna will be rested tonight no matter what. Dinker in front of the mound, Greinke pounces and fires, 1-3.

1 out.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »

I recall a very similar and similarly uncomfortable interview in identical circumstances with the mother of Kíqúé Hernándéz's mother. But somehow not nearly as weird.
Y todo lo que sube baja

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2019, 09:25:52 pm »
Greinke still in the game. Thaiss takes strike 1. Swings over a breaker, strike 2. Will Harris just starting to tune up in the pen. Up, ball 1. Up, ball 2. Broadcast team suggesting that Osuna will be rested tonight no matter what. Dinker in front of the mound, Greinke pounces and fires, 1-3.

1 out.

Boomer (the catcher) doinks one just over Bregman for a single.

1 out, 1 on.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:10 pm »
I just felt bad for her.  I realize English is her second language.  That's why I felt bad for her.  I can barely speak one language.

I thought she was great.  Refreshingly babbled.  To each his own, I guess.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:21 pm »
Angels announcer says the Angels have been masterful at placing the baseball. That's one way of looking at it.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:46 pm »
Boomer (the catcher) doinks one just over Bregman for a single.

1 out, 1 on.

Fletcher takes a strike. Takes a ball. Apparently Julia is taking flak from the dugout for going with "Julia" on her player's weekend jersey. Altuve has called her Hulia for a long time. Fletcher shoots on the other way with the runner going and gets an easy single.

1st and 3rd, nobody out FUCKING AGAIN.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2019, 09:27:51 pm »
Another shiftfuck single brings Trout to the plate with the tying run at 3B...

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2019, 09:28:55 pm »
I thought she was great.  Refreshingly babbled.  To each his own, I guess.

Oh, I liked her, but I often feel uncomfortable during some of those interviews.  The same cringy way I feel in Michael Scott scenes on The Office (different reasons, of course).

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2019, 09:29:29 pm »
Fletcher takes a strike. Takes a ball. Apparently Julia is taking flak from the dugout for going with "Julia" on her player's weekend jersey. Altuve has called her Hulia for a long time. Fletcher shoots on the other way with the runner going and gets an easy single.

1st and 3rd, nobody out FUCKING AGAIN.

Trout takes ball 1, out. Takes strike 1 on the inside corner. Throw to first, not close. Popped up to shallow center, Marisnik flying in and makes the catch.

1 out!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2019, 09:30:00 pm »

No. Absolutely no. That was just good hitting. Runner on the move and slapped it through the hole.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2019, 09:30:40 pm »
Trout takes ball 1, out. Takes strike 1 on the inside corner. Throw to first, not close. Popped up to shallow center, Marisnik flying in and makes the catch.

1 out!

Hinch out, Greinke is done. Harris on the way in to face the lefties.

1 out in the 6th, 1st and 3rd.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:25 pm »
They're Quebecois so French is her second language.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:35 pm »
No. Absolutely no. That was just good hitting. Runner on the move and slapped it through the hole.

You're really harshing my coffee high.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2019, 09:33:39 pm »

1 out in the 6th, 1st and 3rd.

2 out

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2019, 09:33:45 pm »
Ohtani don't get cheated.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2019, 09:34:26 pm »
Will the Thrill!!!!!

Strands a pair to keep the lead at the stretch.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2019, 09:34:52 pm »

2 outs in the 6th, 1st and 3rd.

"Clutch Cam" Harris on to face Otani ball one, low. Slapped foul, 1-1. Fouled back a fastball, 1-2. PONCHE, high fastball!

4-3 Astros, mid 7!

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2019, 09:35:07 pm »
When I saw where that third strike was headed I was pretty scared. I'm not sure how Ohtani missed it.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2019, 09:35:34 pm »
You're really harshing my coffee high.

I feel like you're expecting everyone to move like they've been drinking Cuban coffee all day.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2019, 09:35:42 pm »
"Clutch Cam" Harris on to face Otani ball one, low. Slapped foul, 1-1. Fouled back a fastball, 1-2. PONCHE, high fastball!

4-3 Astros, mid 7!

For a second I thought the name on his jersey was "Otani Ball"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2019, 09:36:18 pm »
I feel like you're expecting everyone to move like they've been drinking Cuban coffee all day.

I set the bar high. 

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2019, 09:36:20 pm »
Saw the hats/unis on the promos earlier this week.

Drove thru East Texas listening while I had signal, heard Sparks/Ford describe them.

Arrived at my folks and flipped the game on.

Was not prepared.

My retinas hurt.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2019, 09:37:13 pm »
Springer has beat everything into the dirt tonight.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2019, 09:37:40 pm »

4-3 Astros, mid 7!

Bottom 7

Springer leads it off, takes ball 1. Chops one to short, Simmonds barehands and fires, GOT HIM! What a fucking play by a guy a can't. fucking. stand.

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2019, 09:38:55 pm »
Bottom 7

Springer leads it off, takes ball 1. Chops one to short, Simmonds barehands and fires, GOT HIM! What a fucking play by a guy a can't. fucking. stand.

1 out.

Altuve ball one, up and in.  Slashed down the line past a diving Thaiss, Simmonds plays the carom perfectly and fires in to 2nd. Altuve slams on the brakes and is held to a single.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2019, 09:41:33 pm »
Brantley getting some close calls this at bat

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2019, 09:42:05 pm »
That Simmons play to get George was Ozzie Smith like.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2019, 09:43:01 pm »
Altuve ball one, up and in.  Slashed down the line past a diving Thaiss, Simmonds plays the carom perfectly and fires in to 2nd. Altuve slams on the brakes and is held to a single.

Brantley takes strike one on the outer 3rd.  Chopped foul on a low breaker. Throw over, not close. Takes a change right on the outside corner at the knees, called a ball (whew). 1-2 pitch just off the outside corner, 2-2. Brantley hitting .292 with 2 strikes. Fouled off. Astros as a team are hitting .204 with 2 strikes, which is best in baseball. That's fucking crazy. Ball 3, outside. Full count, 1 out. Altuve on the move, smacked to 2nd, 4-3. Altuve to 2nd.

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2019, 09:43:27 pm »
Brantley takes strike one on the outer 3rd.  Chopped foul on a low breaker. Throw over, not close. Takes a change right on the outside corner at the knees, called a ball (whew). 1-2 pitch just off the outside corner, 2-2. Brantley hitting .292 with 2 strikes. Fouled off. Astros as a team are hitting .204 with 2 strikes, which is best in baseball. That's fucking crazy. Ball 3, outside. Full count, 1 out. Altuve on the move, smacked to 2nd, 4-3. Altuve to 2nd.

2 outs.

Bregman up, Ausmus up as well. Out to get Noe. We're going to the pen.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2019, 09:44:21 pm »
They're Quebecois so French is her second language.

Venezuelan, I think. Live in Quebec.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:24 pm »

That was a hit and run single.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:37 pm »

I think the assumption is that if you move to Quebec, you learn French before English.  Maybe you learn them together, or she spoke English before moving to Canada. 

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2019, 09:46:23 pm »
Correct, they immigrated to Canada before Abraham was born.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2019, 09:48:22 pm »
Nice work,  Alex.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2019, 09:48:25 pm »
Attaboy Bregs!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2019, 09:49:11 pm »
Bregman up, Ausmus up as well. Out to get Noe. We're going to the pen.

Bregman, on a 1-2 count after battling, slaps one up the middle base hit! Runner rounds 3rd and coming home, safe without a throw!

5-3 Astros

2 outs, runner on 1st.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2019, 09:49:46 pm »
Bregman, on a 1-2 count after battling, slaps one up the middle base hit! Runner rounds 3rd and coming home, safe without a throw!

5-3 Astros

2 outs, runner on 1st.

Yuli slashes one past Pujols, Bregman to 2nd.

1st and 2nd, 2 outs.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:32 pm »
Ha, now Blummer mentions the 3rd base outs.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »
The pineapple bat is cursed!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2019, 09:54:24 pm »
Yuli slashes one past Pujols, Bregman to 2nd.

1st and 2nd, 2 outs.

Bregman slammed on the brakes, almost went, then held up. Probably thought about how much he'd be yelled at for making the 3rd out at 3rd by Hinch.

Meeting at the mound now.

Chirinos with a 5 game hitting streak already locked in takes strike 1. Ball 1, out. 1-1 pitch Swings over a slider. 1-2, time out Robby. Bounced, ball. Swings behind a 98 mph fastball, ponche.

End 7, 5-3 Astros.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2019, 09:55:38 pm »
Uh, oh. Hope the good Rondon shows up.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2019, 09:56:39 pm »
Bregman slammed on the brakes, almost went, then held up. Probably thought about how much he'd be yelled at for making the 3rd out at 3rd by Hinch.

Meeting at the mound now.

Chirinos with a 5 game hitting streak already locked in takes strike 1. Ball 1, out. 1-1 pitch Swings over a slider. 1-2, time out Robby. Bounced, ball. Swings behind a 98 mph fastball, ponche.

End 7, 5-3 Astros.

Top 8

Buckle up, Rondon in.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2019, 09:57:19 pm »
This is fucking ridiculous.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2019, 09:57:24 pm »
J've just given up on the Astros not giving up a run after scoring one.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2019, 09:57:41 pm »
Top 8

Buckle up, Rondon in.

Calhoun hammers the first pitch deep to right, gone. Fuck you Hector. You fucking suck. Fucking meatball slider in the happy zone.

4-4

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2019, 09:57:44 pm »
Geez rondon

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2019, 09:58:20 pm »
Calhoun hammers the first pitch deep to right, gone. Fuck you Hector. You fucking suck. Fucking meatball slider in the happy zone.

4-4

Upton fouls off strike 1. Fly to center, Marisnik back a few steps and under it. 1 out.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2019, 09:58:27 pm »
Right in his wheel house.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2019, 09:58:53 pm »
Top 8

Buckle up, Rondon in.

Too late.

Turned my head to see Calhoun rounding 3rd.

Freaking Rondon.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2019, 09:59:26 pm »
Rondon is fucking awful.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2019, 10:01:05 pm »
Upton fouls off strike 1. Fly to center, Marisnik back a few steps and under it. 1 out.

Butter-Tub Pujols did he go? yes he did. 0-1. Man, I can't get over how fat Albert looks in these black unis. 1-1. Swings under high heat, 1-2. Fully prepped for a mistake pitch here. Bounced, ball 2. Low and away, not close. 3-2 pitch rolled to short.... 6-3 easy out for the Porkbelly Pujols.

2 outs.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:35 pm »
Oh, God, no, please not Devo in a one-run game in the 9th.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:46 pm »
Butter-Tub Pujols did he go? yes he did. 0-1. Man, I can't get over how fat Albert looks in these black unis. 1-1. Swings under high heat, 1-2. Fully prepped for a mistake pitch here. Bounced, ball 2. Low and away, not close. 3-2 pitch rolled to short.... 6-3 easy out for the Porkbelly Pujols.

2 outs.

Simmons takes a ball, low and out. Swings over a slider, 1-1. Low and out, 2-1. Smashed right at Toro, 5-3 out.

Mid 8

4-4

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2019, 10:02:53 pm »
Rondon.   If you need 3 outs, he'll get you 2.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2019, 10:04:06 pm »
Rondon.   If you need 3 outs, he'll get you 2.

On good nights.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2019, 10:04:38 pm »
Tonight's name that Astro is Hank Conger.

The clues were

Do
The
Bot

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:21 pm »
Tonight's name that Astro is Hank Conger.

The clues were

Do
The
Bot

When I know the answer, it's an easy one.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2019, 10:07:24 pm »
Simmons takes a ball, low and out. Swings over a slider, 1-1. Low and out, 2-1. Smashed right at Toro, 5-3 out.

Mid 8

4-4

Miguel Del Pozo in for the Angels

4.99 ERA in 48.2 innings. Tops out at 98.

Toro leads off, Takes strike one on the outside corner. Osuna warming up in the pen, despite AJ saying he wouldn't pitch tonight. Low, ball 1. Ball 2. takes strike 2 on the knees. Osuna is wearing mismatched shoes. Toro rips one to 3rd, just got him at first, 5-3. Toro can beat feet down the line.

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2019, 10:08:19 pm »
Miguel Del Pozo in for the Angels

4.99 ERA in 48.2 innings. Tops out at 98.

Toro leads off, Takes strike one on the outside corner. Osuna warming up in the pen, despite AJ saying he wouldn't pitch tonight. Low, ball 1. Ball 2. takes strike 2 on the knees. Osuna is wearing mismatched shoes. Toro rips one to 3rd, just got him at first, 5-3. Toro can beat feet down the line.

1 out.

The biggest of fudges takes strike 1, swings over a breaker, strike 2. Swings over another breaker, ponche.

Ugh.

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2019, 10:10:55 pm »
The biggest of fudges takes strike 1, swings over a breaker, strike 2. Swings over another breaker, ponche.

Ugh.

2 outs.

Reddick misses a fastball, strike 1. Wild swing over a breaker, 0-2. Fouls off a 97 mph fastball off the plate. 96 fouled off again. Angels have used 30 pitchers so far this year. Del Pozo is number 30. Chopped foul again. Takes a breaking ball at the belt, strike 3.

5-4 Astros, End 8

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2019, 10:11:01 pm »
Buckle up, folks...

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2019, 10:11:40 pm »
I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2019, 10:11:49 pm »

Reddick misses a fastball, strike 1. Wild swing over a breaker, 0-2. Fouls off a 97 mph fastball off the plate. 96 fouled off again. Angels have used 30 pitchers so far this year. Del Pozo is number 30. Chopped foul again. Takes a breaking ball at the belt, strike 3.

5-4 Astros, End 8

Top 9, Osuna in the pitch despite being apparently totally gassed.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2019, 10:12:14 pm »
New shoes.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2019, 10:13:08 pm »

I hope he had some coffee before the game.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2019, 10:15:11 pm »

Osuna facing Thaiss and Benboom to start the inning after pitching 4 of the last 5 games. Thaiss takes ball one on a bounce. Fouls off strike 1. 1-1 pitch swung under a high heater. 1-2 fouled off. Grounded to 1st, easy play 3U. 1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2019, 10:15:32 pm »
Osuna facing Thaiss and Benboom to start the inning after pitching 4 of the last 5 games. Thaiss takes ball one on a bounce. Fouls off strike 1. 1-1 pitch swung under a high heater. 1-2 fouled off. Grounded to 1st, easy play 3U. 1 out.

Goodwin on to PH. Strommy out to chat about it.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2019, 10:17:24 pm »
Goodwin on to PH. Strommy out to chat about it.

Goodwin 1-1 with a triple against Osuna. Here we go. Low, ball 1. On the knees, strike 1. Again on the knees, 1-2. High cheese, PONCHE!

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2019, 10:18:37 pm »
Goodwin 1-1 with a triple against Osuna. Here we go. Low, ball 1. On the knees, strike 1. Again on the knees, 1-2. High cheese, PONCHE!

2 outs.

2 outs, nobody on. Fletcher versus Osuna knee high FB, strike 1.Chopped in the hole between 1st and 2nd. Yuli gloves and flips to Osuna, OUT!

ASTROS WIN!

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2019, 10:18:52 pm »
Who was nervous?

Nothing to it.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2019, 10:18:58 pm »
Gotta be the shoes!!!

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2019, 10:19:58 pm »
Osuna right the ship this week. We needed it. Nice come back win!

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2019, 10:20:25 pm »
Gotta be the shoes!!!
You better be good if you are gonna come out in those!

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:24 pm »
Gonna smoke a victory cigar from my favorite hand rolled shop in Cigar City.  Damn I wish I had a medianoche. 

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:52 pm »
Tight games lately. Osuna has a rubber arm.

Man, Greinke got some big outs with traffic on.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2019, 10:26:13 pm »

Grienke is a cool customer.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 23, 2019, 10:27:33 pm »

Greinke seems to have a remarkable ability to induce soft contact with runners on base.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2019, 10:29:45 pm »
El Dorado rum from Guyana. 

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2019, 10:34:02 pm »
Greinke seems to have a remarkable ability to induce soft contact with runners on base.

Lot of the hits are soft

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2019, 12:52:30 am »
El Dorado rum from Guyana.

Guyana punch.

Uh oh, uh ohoh.
Y todo lo que sube baja

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2019, 07:07:35 am »
Pretty, pretty solid work in here last night boys
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2019, 07:23:31 am »
Love Mark’s pbp

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2019, 08:29:41 am »
Guyana punch.

Uh oh, uh ohoh.

Freshen up, freshen up, freeesheeeeeen up...

Man, that's from back on the day.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2019, 08:35:04 am »
Freshen up, freshen up, freeesheeeeeen up...

Man, that's from back on the day.
Hadn't heard that in a long time, now I'll be singing it all morning.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 24, 2019, 09:06:42 am »
Hadn't heard that in a long time, now I'll be singing it all morning.

We aim to please around here.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 24, 2019, 09:20:31 am »
Grienke is a cool customer.

I thought it was telling—from multiple perspectives—that he was left in to face Trout in the 7th.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 24, 2019, 09:26:47 am »
I thought it was telling—from multiple perspectives—that he was left in to face Trout in the 7th.

Trout looked a little...off...last night, offensively and defensively.  Maybe it was Greinke, maybe he was just embarrassed about his ugly uniform.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2019, 09:51:35 am »

Yep. He carved him up, too.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2019, 10:21:19 am »
Trout looked a little...off...last night, offensively and defensively.  Maybe it was Greinke, maybe he was just embarrassed about his ugly uniform.

Greinke

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2019, 11:32:03 am »
Greinke

Hinch on Greinke: He can just really pitch. I know nowadays we're fixated on power and stuff and the strikeouts and wipeout this and spin that, and that's all fine and good. But when you see the artistic side of Zack Greinke and how he pitches, how he moves the ball around the strike zone, how he challenges one of the best hitters in baseball in Mike Trout and beats him, there's just an art that he has the It Factor.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2019, 11:54:54 am »
Hinch on Greinke: He can just really pitch. I know nowadays we're fixated on power and stuff and the strikeouts and wipeout this and spin that, and that's all fine and good. But when you see the artistic side of Zack Greinke and how he pitches, how he moves the ball around the strike zone, how he challenges one of the best hitters in baseball in Mike Trout and beats him, there's just an art that he has the It Factor.

Yep. Watched his interview. Artistic is a great description.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2019, 12:32:46 pm »

Once again AJ is on point.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2019, 12:59:28 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Osuna is unavailable tonight.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2019, 01:11:47 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Osuna is unavailable tonight.

I hope Miley returns to his previous 2019 form. He has been a little off lately.