Author Topic: Collin McHugh podcast  (Read 4799 times)

Tom Servo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Collin McHugh podcast
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:07:03 am »
I just saw Collin mention on Twitter that he's got a podcast out now (The Twelve Six Podcast).  His first episode is with Lance McCullers Jr. 

iTunes:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-twelve-six-podcast/id1448122136?mt=2
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1IEv2LWkBTb3RJQF1CYCK7?si=g8uLU_4aRFGu4SoyTTWL3w

I haven't listened yet, so I can't comment on it.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
Re: Collin McHugh podcast
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:55:11 am »
I'm about halfway through, and it's really good so far.  Colin asks good questions, Lance is an engaging guest, and it's a lot more casual and free-flowing than the usual athlete interview.

Also, they mention that Verlander only drinks Keurig coffee, which makes perfect sense somehow.  No mamby-pamby latte art, just give me my damn coffee as fast as possible.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:31:13 am »
I'm about halfway through, and it's really good so far.  Colin asks good questions, Lance is an engaging guest, and it's a lot more casual and free-flowing than the usual athlete interview.

Also, they mention that Verlander only drinks Keurig coffee, which makes perfect sense somehow.  No mamby-pamby latte art, just give me my damn coffee as fast as possible.

Yeah, I finally listened to it, and it was entertaining.  I liked how they reminisced about those games they wished they could take back.  8 ER in 2/3 of an inning and whatnot. The Verlander coffee was good.  Lance talking about what all he does for rescuing animals was really good as well.  I didn't know that about him.  The discussion about how the NBA sort of markets players vs. the more traditional way the MLB, well... doesn't, was an interesting conversation.  I don't follow the NBA at all, so I can't really fully understand the comparison, but it was an interesting listen, nonetheless. 

For those who haven't listened yet, this was actually recorded last season.  It sounded like it was right after Cole's masterful performance against the Diamondbacks.  Collin is just now getting around to publishing what he recorded, I guess.

Also, for any Twitter users, Collin's wife is a trip.  @arbuzzy

Knoxbanedoodle

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:56:02 am »

Latte art is fucking hard, man.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:40:55 am »

I liked hearing both of them geek out about PitchingNinja.  And, suggesting he should be the next guest.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 12:02:33 pm »
Latte art is fucking hard, man.

I now know there is one thing Verlander and I have in common.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 04:48:17 pm »
I now know there is one thing Verlander and I have in common.

Well that and the whole super-model spouse thing.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »
Pitching Ninja's highlight reel of McU:

Check out @PitchingNinja’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1082405963389390848?s=09

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:15 pm »
Well that and the whole super-model spouse thing.

I try to keep that under wraps.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:28 am »
Also, for any Twitter users, Collin's wife is a trip.  @arbuzzy

She's one of my favorite follows.  For those who haven't listened yet, at the beginning of the podcast Collin said he had a strict three-F-bomb policy for the podcast, but said if his wife were on it he'd have to label the podcast "explicit".

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 08:15:14 am »
She's the best person I follow.  She's hilarious.  And when McHugh interacts with her there.  It's greatness.  Plus, she'll post pictures of bridal showers, if anyone wanted to see Upton and the other wives.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:44 pm »
Just listened, and I liked it a lot. Two intelligent, articulate guys.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 02:21:27 pm »
It appears Charlie Morton will be the next guest. Someone on twitter asked Collin if he could still get Morton on, and Collin replied, “Spoiler for next week?”

I’m assuming if it is Morton, it’ll be from last season again. It would be interesting to have an interview after he signed his new contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 11:14:51 am »
New podcast with Charlie Morton is up:

I sit down with MLB pitcher Charlie Morton to discuss, among other things, karaoke, the art of woodworking and The Civil War

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 03:30:34 pm »
The recent episode with Rob Friedman, AKA The Pitching Ninja on Twitter, was very good.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

drew corleone

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 07:40:46 am »
Pitching Ninja is the best account on Twitter. And based on the podcast he seems like a great guy as well.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 08:12:00 am »
Pitching Ninja is the best account on Twitter. And based on the podcast he seems like a great guy as well.

the flat ground/flat bat app is going to create new opportunities for players who don't have the money to go to showcases, don't have the money to join elite travel teams, don't live in the right part of the country to get exposure or who want to play more than one sport.  10-15 years down the road when we have a more diverse American talent base in baseball, I think his work will get a great deal of credit.
Always ready to go to a game.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 10:36:57 am »
The podcast with Morton was really good.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

drew corleone

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 01:30:39 pm »
the flat ground/flat bat app is going to create new opportunities for players who don't have the money to go to showcases, don't have the money to join elite travel teams, don't live in the right part of the country to get exposure or who want to play more than one sport.  10-15 years down the road when we have a more diverse American talent base in baseball, I think his work will get a great deal of credit.

Yeah, the work he's doing there is an incredible public service.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 10:26:53 am »
Current episode is out and it is very good.  Love hearing Brent Strom talk pitching with McHugh.  Hot take - the Vietnam war was an important part of making Nolan Ryan the pitcher he was due to Ryan having to do Guard duty and limiting his pitch count during his 18-20 yr old years when he was wild and still growing. 
Always ready to go to a game.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 11:21:01 am »
Current episode is out and it is very good.  Love hearing Brent Strom talk pitching with McHugh.  Hot take - the Vietnam war was an important part of making Nolan Ryan the pitcher he was due to Ryan having to do Guard duty and limiting his pitch count during his 18-20 yr old years when he was wild and still growing.

I saw Ryan pitch for the steM a couple of times. He had no idea where the ball was going. But his control wasn't great during his early years with the Halos, where he routinely walked more than five or six hitters, but always striking out more than one per inning, in his starts.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius