Author Topic: Correa article in The Athletic  (Read 2135 times)

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Correa article in The Athletic
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:15:06 pm »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://theathletic.com/536395/2018/09/20/why-theres-no-quick-fix-to-carlos-correas-hitting-slump/&ved=2ahUKEwj4_aOZlcrdAhUDWa0KHZVsB2IQjjgwD3oECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2obgPqt2KxzdKKx3jMcnQb

Apologies for the unwieldy link.   Found the article via an app and didn't see a more succinct url.

Nothing too insightful,  mostly charts confirming what we've all seen. And some analytic stats that I've never heard of.

Before May 5: .311/.379/.511
Since May 5: .207/.298/.343

I agree with the notion that it'll probably be 2019 before we see good Correa again.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Correa article in The Athletic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:03:45 pm »
Anything in there about his physical well-being.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:07:30 pm »
Anything in there about his physical well-being.

No facts,  just speculation on the back.  The rest was just number crunching.   No quotes from sources or anything like that.

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 02:15:21 pm »
He is seeing the pitches well, the pitch selection is more or less the same, but he can't hit anything inside, his power is way down and never hits to left field.

astrojo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:05:16 pm »
Correa out of lineup again tonight. Bregman at SS, Davis! at 3rd ugh, Marwin in LF, White DH. Marisnick gets the start in CF.

Per Chandler Rome Tweet: The Astros have shut down Carlos Correa for the remainder of this home stand. He will accompany the team on the road trip and will play there, A.J. Hinch said. Correa still has back soreness.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:17:03 pm by astrojo »

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »
Correa out of lineup again tonight. Bregman at SS, Davis! at 3rd ugh, Marwin in LF, White DH. Marisnick gets the start in CF.

Per Chandler Rome Tweet: The Astros have shut down Carlos Correa for the remainder of this home stand. He will accompany the team on the road trip and will play there, A.J. Hinch said. Correa still has back soreness.

I'm sure his teammates appreciate how much he's been grinding to try to help this thing along.   The discomfort is largely personal,  the failure is very public and he's kept his composure admirably.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:41 pm »
I'm sure his teammates appreciate how much he's been grinding to try to help this thing along.   The discomfort is largely personal,  the failure is very public and he's kept his composure admirably.

Well said. +1
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:30 am »

This. I cannot imagine trying to hit a baseball while dealing with lower back pain.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 12:02:16 pm »
This. I cannot imagine trying to hit a baseball while dealing with lower back pain.

I know what it is like to hit a golf ball with lower back pain. And the golf ball is stationary.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 12:30:09 pm »

Hinch on Correa yesterday.
Carlos is still not right. We're going to give him a complete break this weekend to see if we can get him feeling better. We talked to the doctors, the doctors talked to Carlos, he just still is symptomatic. His back is bothering him, he hasn't felt completely himself for a while.