Author Topic: Unwritten rule?  (Read 1885 times)

Outlawscotty

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Unwritten rule?
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:46:02 am »

JJxvi

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: Unwritten rule?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:53:39 am »
The Twins were shifting up 7-0 but they are mad that the Orioles bunted? They need to fuck off with that nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:55:36 am by JJxvi »

TerryPuhl21

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:12:39 pm »
The Twins were shifting up 7-0 but they are mad that the Orioles bunted? They need to fuck off with that nonsense.
Agree completely. If you don’t want someone to lay down a bunt single, defense the damn thing or shut your pie hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:24:11 pm »

No no.  The Twins are allowed to try hard to get the shutout because they really really want it.  The Orioles aren't supposed to try hard because not being shut out isn't as important to them. 
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 12:32:11 pm »
Brandon McCarthy summed it up pretty well:

"i hit em where they ain't unless it's like late in the game and we're losing and their pitcher is doing well and it would be mean for me to. Then I hit em where they is."- 2018 Willie Keeler
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Curly

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 09:56:55 pm »
F that crap.  bunt it, hit it, do what ever you can to put it right down there...every damn time.  I heard one talking head say that he would have drilled the next batter.  Great do that, and now there's 2 on and maybe your pitcher is all up in his own head for giving up the bunt now having 2 on.  Stupidest thing I have heard.  If you get cocky and think you can shift your defense to the hitters tendencies, and he makes you look like a bihotch, then you got beat fare and square.

Aussie Astro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 01:11:14 am »
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:16:07 pm »
Bunting against the shift could be a great way to incite strife between the pitcher and the manager/front office. Wasn't  Jarred Cosart traded because he was really vocal about how much he hated the shifts?
Grab another Coke and let's die

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »
I thought it was Lucas Harrell who didn't care for the shift and I thought we traded Cosart so that we could have a back-up centerfielder with luxurious, flowing hair. I could be wrong.

Kit

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:40 pm »
Agree completely. If you don’t want someone to lay down a bunt single, defense the damn thing or shut your pie hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 100 I was gobsmacked when I heard that bs. What I'm surprised at is the lack of hitters doing the same thing.
Remember Jesus Alou being called out of the 1st base coaching box to pinch-hit a double vs. the Reds in '79 I think, to win a crucial game, and he patted Morgan on top of the head (ala Benny Hill w/the little bald guy) and Little Joe got pissed.....yeah,that was great.