Author Topic: BA The Youngest In Each League  (Read 1784 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
BA The Youngest In Each League
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:35 am »
Thought this was an interesting tidbit / worth a look anyway... (BA The Youngest In Each League, Mid-Season Edition)
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

astrosfan76

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: BA The Youngest In Each League
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:24 am »
DDS came in just short of the SAL list, at 19.93.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:22 am »
Thanks for the link.  Age with decimals, never seen it before.

pots

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:37 am »
Interesting thanks for the link.  For those that assume Dominguez is probably a lost cause, he is the 14th youngest player in the PCL.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:19 am »
The Astros have the two youngest kids in the Cal league, Santana and Roberto Pena. Pena just got called up the other day, when Garcia was promoted to CC, so perhaps that's just temporary from the Castro injury domino effect?

Has anyone seen Santana in person? I wonder how he is in RF.

Interesting thanks for the link.  For those that assume Dominguez is probably a lost cause, he is the 14th youngest player in the PCL.
Great point. I've been wondering why everyone seems to have written him off, when he's still quite young and seems to have been rushed/held back by injuries.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Mike S.

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:01 am »
I've argued that same point about Dominguez.  22 years of age and having already played in MLB hardly seems like a lost cause.
Chevy! Chevy! Astro! Astro!