Author Topic: New column posted  (Read 1537 times)

strosrays

New column posted
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:04:53 pm »
I don't know why the admins - specifically Noe - think there needs to be more content bullshit of mine posted on this site than there already is, but who am I to stand in the way of progress?

So I give you the inaugural edition of a hopefully semi-regular new vanity column (just what we needed):

Dark Matter

Oh, the humanity . . .

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: New column posted
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »
Dark matter, indeed.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

Craig

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »
I remember when we got cable and HBO. We used to get this little HBO guide in the mail every month, and it was a big day when it arrived because I could check and see if any new titty movies were scheduled.

As for Casey Anthony ... eh, probably not. She might look OK from the other side of the bar, but she's got those horse teeth and more ominously, the Crazy Eyes. I think the Crazy Eyes would have scared me away ... at least I hope so.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:00:22 am »
Early cable was cool. I remember all of the channels were on the dial, before converters, and in Galveston they had an early "weather channel" that was basically a CCTV camera that panned across a set of gauges, temperature, a business card for a local business, barometric pressure, business card, humidity, business card etc. We didn't have HBO but my friend did and there were many "meetings" as you described, to sample the latest offerings.

I can't really honestly answer the Anthony question since I can't be objective knowing the kind of human she (allegedly) is. I doubt I would have anything to do with her based on the "hot babe contest." While they may be hot, those kinds of women don't do much for me.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:11:03 am »
Who is Casey Anthony?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:29:46 am »
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:28 am »
Wow, you effortlessly wove together Whataburger, the march of technology, and softcore cheesecake.  Very nice.
Grab another Coke and let's die

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 05:54:38 pm »
I'm wondering what AT&T's automated voice response babe is going to do with all the bi-curious discussions.
Up in the Air