Author Topic: Spikes N Stars - The Radio Show, Program #13, July 26th, 2008  (Read 4511 times)

Andyzipp

SpikesnStars will be back on the air Saturday, July 12th at 10:00 am. 

Broadcaster: 1560 The Game, click the "Listen Live" icon during the show segment for the New Gametime
Host: Raheel Ramzanali
Co-Hosts: Del Olaleye
SnS Host: Andyzipp
Podcast Page: Gametime
Podcast Archives: Gametime Show archives, including SnS shows
Show Webcam: Live webcam streaming of the show

Call In Number: 713-439-1560

Please list the topics you'd like to discuss in this thread.

Andyzipp will be monitoring SnS during the show, so call in if you can, but please post topics and comments now and during the show.

If the Astros don't trip over their own dicks against the (insert any club here) tonight, it's a .500 week.

Noe

Re: Spikes N Stars - The Radio Show, Program #13, July 26th, 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:54:31 am »
The Randy Wolf trade is not a bad trade per se.  Meaning, any team would want to take on a veteran arm that could provide IPs and take the load off the bullpen.  What I think was the negative reaction to the trade was that it was put out to the media and fans that this was done in order to continue to contend for a  playoff spot.

Contending moves for the Astros would be to trade the entire Houston pitching staff for the Anaheim Angel staff.  Not going to happen of course, but certainly a trade for Randy Wolf does not set off alarms around the league that Houston is back in the race or improved their chances like the Rich Harden or CC Sabathia moves did.

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:58:16 am »
Does Drayton REALLY think that this team has playoff hopes (as the infamous email stated) or is he just putting up a good front?

Is the Matsui/Bourn switch in the lineup making a sense?

Should Tejada be given regular days off?  He seems to hit better when given rest.

Is there really a reason to get Roy back in the lineup?  Shouldn't he rest until the question of re-injury is gone?

"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:00:46 am »
Starting Monday the Astros have 6 starting pitchers: Roy, Wandy, Backe, Moehler, Wolf, and Hernandez.  Send Hernandez down?  Move Backe or Moehler to the pen and jettison one of the other relievers?
Goin' for a bus ride.

Noe

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 10:17:04 am »
Starting Monday the Astros have 6 starting pitchers: Roy, Wandy, Backe, Moehler, Wolf, and Hernandez.  Send Hernandez down?  Move Backe or Moehler to the pen and jettison one of the other relievers?

Or trade Backe? Just saying...

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:19:55 am »
Or trade Backe? Just saying...

Then who will pitch in the "big game"?
"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."

Noe

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:20:56 am »
Then who will pitch in the "big game"?

Oswalt.

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile

Noe

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 10:23:32 am »
Actually, my response was also in the same vein. I'm of the opinion that this Astros organization is a bit blind when  it comes to Oswalt's injury and also about their chances.

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 10:38:11 am »
The problem with the Wolf trade was the headline: "Astros playoff hopes increase" that came with it.

jonbloozy

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 10:42:41 am »
With the imminent invasion of MMPUS by the Wolf Pack, what other furries should we expect over the rest of the season? 

The Moehl-Men?
I say smorgasbord!

Noe

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:51:43 am »
Miguel Tejada = Vinny Castilla (at this point of his career)

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 10:55:22 am »
Great job Andy.

A little too much NBA basketball talk there in the middle, but another successful show.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
Oye. Vamos, vamos.