Author Topic: Garner on XM  (Read 2526 times)

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
Garner on XM
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:53:08 am »
Hope this isn't a case of Cabrera is a Brave, but heard a brief interview with Garner this morning.  Beyond the Woody Williams compliments a couple of things of interest:
1. Garner thinks Lee is a very good outfielder and that he cannot understand why he has a bad rap regarding his fielding ability.
2. Looking forward to seeing "Ensberg bounce back this year."

I think #2 is evidence that the increased dosage on Garner's meds seem to be working.
Purity of Essence

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Re: Garner on XM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:32 am »
Quote:

Hope this isn't a case of Cabrera is a Brave, but heard a brief interview with Garner this morning.  Beyond the Woody Williams compliments a couple of things of interest:
1. Garner thinks Lee is a very good outfielder and that he cannot understand why he has a bad rap regarding his fielding ability.

I think #2 is evidence that the increased dosage on Garner's meds seem to be working.

What is he suppose to say about Ensberg besides that?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:18:57 am »
Quote:

"Cabrera is a Brave"?  I don't get it, can you help me out?

Phil_in_CS

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:22:36 am »
Quote:

OWA Glossary

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:22:54 am »
Quote:

It has something to do with Generalissimo Franco.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
Quote:

Quote:

What is he suppose to say about Ensberg besides that?

He wasn't asked about Ensberg--Garner offered it up.  Anything can happen between now and the start of the season, but it sounds plausible that Ensberg will remain an Astro.
Purity of Essence

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 11:30:30 am »

Quote:

He wasn't asked about Ensberg--Garner offered it up.

Could be another sales pitch, or something.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

ASTROCREEP

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:31:05 am »
"Ensberg bounce back this year."

That's a pretty open ended statement.

In other words I hope Ensberg bounces back with Colorado, Toronto, Tampa Bay...

I would also like to see Ensberg bounce back, in the American League in exchange for a quality Bullpen Arm.
Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:13:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

OWA Glossary

Thanks, and sorry.  I should've went there before asking.

Froback

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 12:22:42 pm »
I keep seeing "reports" that Ensberg is on the block, and in the same breath they are saying Huff isn't going to return to Houston.  So it made me wonder, IF Ensberg is traded away and IF Huff is not re-signed...

I understand Lamb would be the 3B, but who would be his back-up???  The org is not very deep at 3B after Ensberg and Lamb?

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 12:30:11 pm »
Bruntlett, Conrad?

I keep thinking that both the Astros and Huff have been waiting on the winter meetings to see if Ensberg's salary can be moved, plus bring in a RP.  Hopefully there's still a chance that Huff can be had.

Greg

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 05:43:32 pm »
Quote:

I understand Lamb would be the 3B, but who would be his back-up???  The org is not very deep at 3B after Ensberg and Lamb?

Dude, Koby Clemens.

Froback

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:48:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, Koby Clemens.

Ummm, Given how "well" he played last year and in the Hawaian league, I think he will be lucky to be in low-A next year.  He has some potential, but this year seems to have been a regression rather than progressive year for him.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 05:58:54 pm »
Koby is not a prospect. that was a courtesy draft. if he makes it, good for him.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 05:59:51 pm »
Reacquire Chris Truby? Also, I hear Castilla can be had...

S.P. Rodriguez

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dude, Koby Clemens.

Ummm, Given how "well" he played last year and in the Hawaian league, I think he will be lucky to be in low-A next year.  He has some potential, but this year seems to have been a regression rather than progressive year for him.

I know it sounds girly but if you've ever broken your pinky finger, which K. Clemens did early last year IIRC, it's difficult to do much of anything that require hand strength because something as insignificant as shaking hands feels like grabbing a live wire.  I broke my right hand pinky finger in basketball practice when I was 14.  It didn't stop hurting from even the slightest jarring action for a couple years.  It's not like they set it or anything, they just put one of those cheesey splints on it and say "don't move it".
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. "

-Mark Twain

I'm Richies Dad

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 06:37:23 pm »
Man I liked Truby.

I know this sounds wierd, but I think the Stros should take a flyer on Fernando Tatis, he was really good some time back as a Ranger, and Cardinal, and then just feel off.  It would be cool to see him re-emerge.  He did have some limited duty as an Oriole, and did okay.

ASTROCREEP

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »
I hear Chris Donnels and Dave Magadan are available, maybe the Astros should try to catch lightning in a bottle and sign both of them.
Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:28 pm »
Quote:

Reacquire Chris Truby? Also, I hear Castilla can be had...

Where's Dave Magadan when you need him?

Oops. Didn't read all the way down the thread. Cabrera's a Brave.