Author Topic: Ramirez is officially a Free Agent...  (Read 1344 times)

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Ramirez is officially a Free Agent...
« on: November 12, 2006, 12:16:58 am »
The Link

Sounds like he's gonna fetch $15/year...that's a lot of cash, but I'd rather have him than say, Carlos "my hero is Hector Villanueva" Lee.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Ramirez is officially a Free Agent...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:52:28 am »
Quote:

The Link

Sounds like he's gonna fetch $15/year...that's a lot of cash, but I'd rather have him than say, Carlos "my hero is Hector Villanueva" Lee.

Player's salaries are absolutely out of control.
Lighten up, Francis.

Curly

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:48:58 pm »
Quote:

The Link

I second that.  I have absolutely no desire to sign Lee.  He is a defensive liability, and when he slumps at the plate, then we are SOL on offense and defense.  I'm not saying that ManRam is Gold Glove material, but his stick is much more dangerous than Lee.  Besides...who the hell is afraid of pithing to Lee?

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 01:09:44 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The Link

I second that.  I have absolutely no desire to sign Lee.  He is a defensive liability, and when he slumps at the plate, then we are SOL on offense and defense.  I'm not saying that ManRam is Gold Glove material, but his stick is much more dangerous than Lee.  Besides...who the hell is afraid of pithing to Lee?

Read the link.  Aramis, not Manny.
Lighten up, Francis.

pravata

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 02:30:56 pm »
Quote:

The Link

(Agent)Kinzer told the Chicago Sun-Times that his objective on the open market would be a deal as long as seven years, and also freely made references to the $119 million contract given to Carlos Beltran...
The Link

Curly

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:11:21 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Link

Read the link.  Aramis, not Manny.

LOL...somebody must have slipped some journalistic in my coffee, didn't read the facts...just assumptions.