Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Have An Announcement  (Read 962 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Ladies and Gentlemen, I Have An Announcement
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:45:17 pm »
Today, you are not an Astros fan.

Today, you are a Brewers fan.  

Yes, you've been rooting for the Brewers for a couple days, but today is different.  Today, your duty is to root for the Brewers as though you were born and raised in Milwaukee.  You grew up with Mollie and Yount and Higuera.  These were your heroes.  

Today, your ace Ben Sheets is starting.  Nevermind that the Cardinals own the guy (4-13 against the Cards lifetime if I'm remembering correctly); that matters not, today.  

Today, only one thing matters.  That your beloved Brewers win just one game.

Every Brewer fan is your brother.  

Got some yellow and blue clothing?  Perhaps the old baseball-glove-and-ball Brewers logo hat you got at a AA game in 1986?  Put it on.  Today, it is yours.  

I don't care if your alma mater is playing the Raiders, the Aggies, or the mighty mighty Bearkats.  Today, you have only one team.  

Now GO, my friend.  

I'll meet you back here after the Brewers/Cardinals game at about 3:30pm Central to discuss your next mission.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I Have An Announcement
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
excellent, Mon Capitan.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 01:35:23 pm »
Just win.

No? in Austin

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 01:35:40 pm »
Quote:

Yes, you've been rooting for the Brewers for a couple days, but today is different.  Today, your duty is to root for the Brewers as though you were born and raised in Milwaukee.  You grew up with Mollie and Yount and Higuera.  These were your heroes.  

Today, your ace Ben Sheets is starting.  Nevermind that the Cardinals own the guy (4-13 against the Cards lifetime if I'm remembering correctly); that matters not, today.  

Got some yellow and blue clothing?  Perhaps the old baseball-glove-and-ball Brewers logo hat you got at a AA game in 1986?  Put it on.  Today, it is yours.  

I don't care if your alma mater is playing the Raiders, the Aggies, or the mighty mighty Bearkats.  Today, you have only one team.  

Now GO, my friend.  

I'll meet you back here after the Brewers/Cardinals game at about 3:30pm Central to discuss your next mission.

I will do my own variation of the tomahawk chop in honor of the Brewers.  Meaning, I'll probably have a Shiner in my hand as I motion up and down with my forearm towards my mouth and back down.  I think some call it the 16 oz curls?

Any way, chop away on some beer and bratwurtz today, right after I do some lawnwork.  We're at final rites being given to the Astros now!

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 01:41:41 pm »
My wife, as if BBGods had intervened, returned from the store last night with brats and beer.  I did not instruct her to.  It just happened.

Even with the last week of baseball, I can honestly say that this game in 20 minutes is the most nervous I've been in a long time about a game that did not involve the Astros.  Who are not my favorite team.  The Brewers are.

Rebel Jew

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Rebel Jew
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:42:11 pm »
Quote:

Now GO, my friend.  

I already bought a 12'er of Beast Light for the occassion.  'Cost me $3.50

Curly

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 03:12:28 pm »
Brought the tube up to work and were all huddled around it.