Author Topic: (non-BB) Jeezus H. Christmas...  (Read 2872 times)

The Spleen

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
(non-BB) Jeezus H. Christmas...
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:43:35 pm »
...the @#$#@ Texans are worse than cancer.
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

otterj

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Re: (non-BB) Jeezus H. Christmas...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:29:21 pm »
No way dude. The Texans would kick the ever-living shit...out of the aggies. The rest of the NFL, not so much. They've got to be one of the most poorly run franchises in major professional sports. It's hard gawdamn work rooting for that team.

strosrays

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:46:07 am »
Somewhere, Bud Adams is laughing, adjusting his toupee', and giving you guys the finger.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:52:29 am »
Their last four #1 picks were spent on defensive players.  Yesterday, to the woeful Redskins, they gave up 495 yards, including 230+ rushing and an NFL record setting 22-completion streak by Mark Brunell.  Mark Brunell!

I don't know much about football, but neither, it seems, do the Texans.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Ankh

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:32 am »
Quote:

Their last four #1 picks  

David Carr
Andre Johnson
Dunta Robinson
Travis Johnson
Mario Williams

mihoba

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • R.I.P. Mike. The boy inside you is now free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:01:52 am »
Quote:

Their last four #1 picks were spent on defensive players.  Yesterday, to the woeful Redskins, they gave up 495 yards, including 230+ rushing and an NFL record setting 22-completion streak by Mark Brunell.  Mark Brunell!

I don't know much about football, but neither, it seems, do the Texans.

They didn't want to pay their veteran defensive players (Aaron Glenn, Jaime Sharper, Coleman, etc.) in recent years, so now they are paying the price.

The new coaching staff has the offense in decent shape, but the D is atrocious. The safeties are the worst pair I've ever seen.
"Baseball is simply a better game without the DH. "

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 11:03:46 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Their last four #1 picks  

David Carr
Andre Johnson
Dunta Robinson
Travis Johnson
Mario Williams

I think he means their last four first round picks.  Jason Babin was a first rounder.

Robinson
Babin
Johnson
Williams
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 11:09:08 am »
Quote:

I think he means their last four first round picks.

Correct.  See, told you I knew eff-all about Football.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 11:27:10 am »
I bought season tix believing that they were going to draft Bush.  I'll never forget where I was that Friday night before the draft when they announced Williams was signed.  I was so pissed I couldn't even see straight.  I'll never be a season ticket holder again.
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 11:38:50 am »
Quote:

I bought season tix believing that they were going to draft Bush.  I'll never forget where I was that Friday night before the draft when they announced Williams was signed.  I was so pissed I couldn't even see straight.  I'll never be a season ticket holder again.

I have still yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why they passed over Bush/Young to get Williams; other than that they screwed the pooch.  If you're not going to take one of those guys, surely you could trade the pick!

Perhaps this is why other businesses, by which I mean every other business in the entire world, relieves an executive of duty once the fire him.  The Texans?  They let him run the most important draft the team has had since its first one.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 11:43:02 am »
Quote:

I have still yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why they passed over Bush/Young to get Williams; other than that they screwed the pooch.  If you're not going to take one of those guys, surely you could trade the pick!

There reasoning was, our defense sucks worse than our offense, so we're taking the best defensive player available.  It's pretty common draft strategy.

Quote:

Perhaps this is why other businesses, by which I mean every other business in the entire world, relieves an executive of duty once the fire him.  The Texans?  They let him run the most important draft the team has had since its first one.

Casserly had basically zero to do with this past draft.  It was all McNair and Kubiak.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 11:45:49 am »
Quote:

...the @#$#@ Texans are worse than cancer.

At the game yesterday, a few friends were kidding me (knowing I'm from Tampa and was a huge Bucs fan when they started out), saying "at least we're not as bad as Tampa Bay was...how long did it take for them to have a winning season?"  When I said "they had a winning season and went to the playoffs in their 4th year", it went eerily quiet.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 11:46:17 am »
Quote:

There reasoning was, our defense sucks worse than our offense, so we're taking the best defensive player available.  It's pretty common draft strategy.

Was there any reason to believe that Williams wouldn't be available further down the draft if they traded down?  There were three bona fide college stars in the mix for starters...

Quote:

Casserly had basically zero to do with this past draft.  It was all McNair and Kubiak.

Then I stand corrected.  I thought Casserly was kept on because the new guys (allegedly) didn't have time to evaluate the players.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 11:49:39 am »
Quote:

Was there any reason to believe that Williams wouldn't be available further down the draft if they traded down?  There were three bona fide college stars in the mix for starters...

Yes.  By most accounts, Williams would have been the second player taken, if the Texans had not taken him.  No doubt he would have been the third or fourth pick at least. Williams was considered a college star, perhaps the best defensive player to come out of college in 20 years by some.

Quote:

Then I stand corrected.  I thought Casserly was kept on because the new guys (allegedly) didn't have time to evaluate the players.

Well he was, sort of.  He was kept on to not throw the new guy into the fire.  But Casserly was a lame duck.  McNair and Kubiak ran that draft.

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:50:51 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Yes.  By most accounts, Williams would have been the second player taken, if the Texans had not taken him.  No doubt he would have been the third or fourth pick at least. Williams was considered a college star, perhaps the best defensive player to come out of college in 20 years by some.

Quote:

Well he was, sort of.  He was kept on to not throw the new guy into the fire.  But Casserly was a lame duck.  McNair and Kubiak ran that draft.

Coaches should not be in charge of personnel.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 11:54:39 am »
At least Carr still has his spleen.

Maybe the Bucs and Texans can fight over the consecutive losses streak.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 01:37:43 pm »
Quote:

At least Carr still has his spleen.

Maybe the Bucs and Texans can fight over the consecutive losses streak.

The Bucs lost their first 26 games.  The Texans have a ways to go before they get 26 in a row.  I sure as hell hope they don't knock on that door.