Author Topic: Goddammit.  (Read 2422 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Goddammit.
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:22:46 pm »
Why did they wait til NOW to start playing this way?  Argh.

Have the last two nights been the most fun you've had all season or WHAT?  

MAN, this series has been awesome.  Roy and Rocket, then STL plays the Padres and we get the Buccos....manohmanohman.

cougar

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
  • I dare you
    • View Profile
Re: Goddammit.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:24:49 pm »
Pretty much mirrored my thoughts there.  If only this had happened a month or two ago.  This happens in July, it's a "tone setter" for the rest of the season.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:27:45 pm »
I was just realizing, this is the first time in months...at LEAST months that I can remember hurting my throat two nights in a row screaming at big late rallies.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:28:33 pm »
Quote:

Why did they wait til NOW to start playing this way?  Argh.

Have the last two nights been the most fun you've had all season or WHAT?  

MAN, this series has been awesome.  Roy and Rocket, then STL plays the Padres and we get the Buccos....manohmanohman.

That's it boys, stomp the shit out of 'em and pound the ol' Budweiser.  Fuck them guys, we're as good as they are!
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

ValpoCory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 11:28:55 pm »
Completely agree.

Man this is fun.    These games felt like the middle home games of the 2004 NLCS, where the Cardinals got leads in Games 3 and 4 and the Astros came back to win.  Expecially similar to Game 4 of that series.

ValpoCory

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:29:55 pm »
Quote:

I was just realizing, this is the first time in months...at LEAST months that I can remember hurting my throat two nights in a row screaming at big late rallies.

Right.  And I almost gave up hope when Luke and Lamb failed to tie the game in the 8th.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:31:49 pm »
That is EXACTLY correct.  The season series is now tied 7-7 with 2 to go.  

It's facts like this that make this season even more upsetting.  Knowing that if we got a chance to face the Cards in the NLCS again...we'd have a damn good chance of going to another WS.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 11:33:06 pm »
i had every cnadel lit in the house. my daughters where getting on me for yelling screaming and cussing.. i refuse to hope tho. its just too much
forever is composed entirely of nows

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 11:35:04 pm »
Quote:

i had every cnadel lit in the house. my daughters where getting on me for yelling screaming and cussing.. i refuse to hope tho. its just too much

You go, girl!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 11:35:37 pm »
Quote:

These games felt like the middle home games of the 2004 NLCS

That's exactly how it felt to me.  I was up pacing (not with the same pitch-to-pitch intensity of the playoffs), but this may be the closest we get this season.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 11:38:05 pm »
Quote:

That's exactly how it felt to me.  I was up pacing (not with the same pitch-to-pitch intensity of the playoffs), but this may be the closest we get this season.

Still haven't seen anything to rival Kent's "fuck off" homer in Game #5.  Roy's "up yours" performance in 2005's Game #6 was fab., but didn't have the instant gratification of Kent's pump-action blast.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 11:41:53 pm »
Getting way ahead of myself........

If by some fucking miracle we can get within .5 a game of the Cards (either way), they have to play a make-up game with the Jints the day after the season ends.

ValpoCory

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 11:43:41 pm »
Quote:

Expecially similar to Game 4 of that series.

I guess there was a more quantitative reason why I thought that.

All three games (yesterday, today, Game 4 2004 NLCS) were Astros 6, Cardinals 5, with the Astros scoring at least the last 3 runs in each game.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 11:58:21 pm »
Quote:

Getting way ahead of myself........

If by some fucking miracle we can get within .5 a game of the Cards (either way), they have to play a make-up game with the Jints the day after the season ends.

Now that's some bulletin board shit, right there!

Golden Sombrero

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 01:08:38 am »
The Stros are showing the world what they can do.  If only they were as inspired a few months ago.  Alas, for what might have been.

But thanks for what is.  There are few things as poetic as the tragic struggle, heroes doomed to fail.  

Hope is kindled.  It shall be fanned by the force of the Stros' mighty bats.  Even if there is no life after the regular season, the coda of the 2006 season is fulfilling.
Strikeout Machine

cougar

• I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 06:50:39 am »
Quote:

The Stros are showing the world what they can do.  If only they were as inspired a few months ago.  Alas, for what might have been.

But thanks for what is.  There are few things as poetic as the tragic struggle, heroes doomed to fail.  

Hope is kindled.  It shall be fanned by the force of the Stros' mighty bats.  Even if there is no life after the regular season, the coda of the 2006 season is fulfilling.

This reads like a missing stanza from Beowulf or something.  Epic poetry ROCKS!