Author Topic: JD is Full of Shit  (Read 2889 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
JD is Full of Shit
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:26:34 am »
"Talladega Nights" is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.  Ricky Bobby will make you forget Rin Burgundy, and Reese Bobby will make you forget (for a little while) Lumburgh.

I laughed my bollocks off throughout the whole movie.

That is all.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Duder

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: JD is Full of Shit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:05:50 am »
I was contemplating watching the movie tonight after the game.  After JD made that comment about it last night I was leaning towards not watching it, but now I'm leaning towards going watch it.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:18:12 pm »
The knife scene had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe...

Rebel Jew

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Rebel Jew
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:18:24 pm »
Limey, you need to be more careful next time before you use such a harsh term about JD.  After all, JD is a favorite of the BBG's, and so any comment he makes, right or wrong, should never be dismissed with such an epithet.  Least ye forget that JD is the one who dethroned the evil Bill Worrell, and that JD was a left-handed, soft-tossing major league pitcher, that type most favored by the left-handed BBG's.

drew corleone

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 07:00:25 pm »
Saw it this afternoon... funny stuff.

Browneye

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 07:57:21 pm »
The Playgirl buttcheeks confession in the hospital is what shot my coke through my nose. The kids talking shit to grandpa was great too. Great movie.  

Shake and Bake
"Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 10:31:29 pm »
Quote:

The Playgirl buttcheeks confession in the hospital is what shot my coke through my nose. The kids talking shit to grandpa was great too. Great movie.  

Shake and Bake

There isn't 5 minutes that go by without a line that isn't an absolute classic.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

cc

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 10:52:02 pm »
Quote:

"Talladega Nights" is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.  Ricky Bobby will make you forget Rin Burgundy, and Reese Bobby will make you forget (for a little while) Lumburgh.

I laughed my bollocks off throughout the whole movie.
That is all.

I'm siding with JD on this one.  I wanted to laugh more, but despite my disappointment I'd give it a stand-up double.  The beginning line, the written quotation by Eleanor Roosevelt, was probably the funniest one, and Gary Cole, who played Reese Bobby, was the best thing about the entire movie.  The "outtakes" and the real outtakes at the end were worth staying around for.
"I'm against the knee-jerk dismissal of knee-jerk reactions."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 11:32:45 am »
Quote:

I'm siding with JD on this one.  I wanted to laugh more, but despite my disappointment I'd give it a stand-up double.  The beginning line, the written quotation by Eleanor Roosevelt, was probably the funniest one, and Gary Cole, who played Reese Bobby, was the best thing about the entire movie.  The "outtakes" and the real outtakes at the end were worth staying around for.

Maybe you weren't in the right frame of mind.  I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse with a bucket of Heinekens at my feet and a few in my belly...

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »
Has JD reviewed Clerks II yet?  I'd be interested to see if his opinion matched mine.

I'll wait for "Talladega Nights" go come out on video.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 12:21:08 pm »
Quote:

Has JD reviewed Clerks II yet?  I'd be interested to see if his opinion matched mine.

Clerks 2 is a little bit too cheesy at times, but still pretty damn funny.  The "Silence of the Lambs" resets are hilarious (but I doubt you've seen the original), as is the NerdOff between the Lord of the Rings geeks and Star Wars geeks.  Randall's take on Lord of the Rings is killer.

See 'em both at the Alamo Drafthouse this week: the Best place to go to watch such movies.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 12:24:58 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Clerks 2 is a little bit too cheesy at times, but still pretty damn funny.  The "Silence of the Lambs" resets are hilarious (but I doubt you've seen the original), as is the NerdOff between the Lord of the Rings geeks and Star Wars geeks.  Randall's take on Lord of the Rings is killer.

See 'em both at the Alamo Drafthouse this week: the Best place to go to watch such movies.

I'll admit to not seeing any of the Rings or Wars movies, but I've seen all the others you mention.  I found it to be quite funny.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

JGrave

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 01:21:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll admit to not seeing any of the Rings or Wars movies, but I've seen all the others you mention.  I found it to be quite funny.

The look on Randall's face when Elias is explaining Pillowpants is gold.  Fried gold even.  Other parts were funny as well but overall it was kind of cheesy.
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 01:53:38 pm »
Quote:

WAY too far from my house to go see a movie.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

davek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 02:05:17 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

WAY too far from my house to go see a movie.

Especially if you're going to drink a bucket of Heinekin...
"You wait for a strike then you knock the shit out of it."  Stan Musial

gleach

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • Allison's Page
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 03:06:20 pm »
There is a Movie Tavern right near your house that would do nicely.  We have one by our house and it isn't bad, just don't go there expecting fine dining.
I love Geoff Leach.  Every day. 

Greg

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 03:12:42 pm »

The Drafthouse is by large and far the best place to see a movie. I went to the downtown (Austin) drafthouse and caught a shot by shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark by 12 year olds. It took them 10 years to finish and you could see the actors going through the different stages of puberty. Hilarious. They actually did a really good job, too.

I also love catching the rolling road shows they do around Austin and around the country. They did a sneak preview for Jack Black's Nacho Libre. They flew in luca libre wrestlers from Mexico City to wrestle before (two of which were MIDGETS) and had nachos and tacos to eat. Besides the fact that the movie was below average, it was the most fun movie experience of my life. Tomorrow, they are doing a free screening of the original Clerks in Red Bank, NJ where the film was shot followed by a Q&A with Kevin Smith; very cool shit.

Anyways, I?ll stop geeking out on you guys, but the drafthouse is one of the reasons I don?t ever want to leave Austin.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 03:24:41 pm »
Quote:

They flew in luca libre wrestlers from Mexico City to wrestle before (two of which were MIDGETS) and had nachos and tacos to eat.

They always dress up and have theme food for the movie.  Mostly the food is generic, e.g. for Talladega they had the "Ricky Bobby Platter" (chicken fried steak with collard greens and rice) and "Shake and Bake Pork Chops".

They did a special presentation of "There's Something About Mary" a few years ago, with Chris Elliot on hand for a Q&A, where the signature dish was "Franks and Beans".

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »
Quote:

There is a Movie Tavern right near your house that would do nicely.  We have one by our house and it isn't bad, just don't go there expecting fine dining.

Yeah, I've been meaning to check it out.  They have burgers and sandwiches and beer to go along with $6 admission for first run movies.  Not too shabby.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.