Author Topic: Dumbest Tejada-to-Astros Trade Suggestion of the Day?  (Read 1911 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Dumbest Tejada-to-Astros Trade Suggestion of the Day?
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:45:22 pm »
"Houston has been rumored to offer starting short stop Adam Everett along with right-handed prospects Fernando Nieve, Jason Hirsh and outfielder Hunter Pence for Tejada."

Uhhh.  Right.  If that was the offer, I have a feeling Tejada would be in blood'n'mud tomorrow night.

ybbodeus

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Dumbest Tejada-to-Astros Trade Suggestion of the Day?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:48:26 pm »
Is Justice reporting that one?  And, yes, I'm joking.....again.
"(512) ybbodeus looks just as creepy in HD as in person."   That is a problem, and we are working on it.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 06:50:23 pm »
Chicago Tribune offered that one up last week. someone is stealing it.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Froback

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 06:51:23 pm »
I think I would pitch a screaming fit... then sit there and take it cause they will still be my team... But I would REALLY not like them giving up Hirsh for ANYONE at this point... well maybe Lirano.  But not for anyone THAT is AVAILABLE. (see I can't even type clearly, the thought repulses me so)

Pence I would have a hard time with, but could swallow alot easier than Hirsh... but that is just me, I guess.

EDITED to correct bad typing

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:46:40 pm »
Quote:

"Houston has been rumored to offer starting short stop Adam Everett along with right-handed prospects Fernando Nieve, Jason Hirsh and outfielder Hunter Pence for Tejada."

Uhhh.  Right.  If that was the offer, I have a feeling Tejada would be in blood'n'mud tomorrow night.

As far as expectations in a prospect goes, that's more than they gave up to get the Unit.
Goin' for a bus ride.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 09:19:29 pm »
Quote:

But not for anyone THAT is AVAILABLE. (see I can't even type clearly, the thought repulses me so)

Pence I would have a hard time with, but could swallow alot easier than Hirsh... but that is just me, I guess.

PLease don't swallow Hirsh, even if he is available.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

utastro

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 12:24:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

But not for anyone THAT is AVAILABLE. (see I can't even type clearly, the thought repulses me so)

PLease don't swallow Hirsh, even if he is available.

Hah, I was going to say something similar.  But he did say he could swallow Pence easier, but neither paints a very pretty picture NTTAWWT.
Oh God, I wish I was a loofah!

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:27:27 am »
Theough it doesn't say much for you, I'm glad someone else can take thing the wrong way.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

jasonact

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • www.jasonmartinmft.com
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 02:34:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

As far as expectations in a prospect goes, that's more than they gave up to get the Unit.

The big difference in my mind was that the Astros were a much more complete team that year. Everyone thought Johnson was the one piece they needed to win a championship, and he may have been, were it not for a wierd and unexpected series with San Diego.

I don't think anyone would pick the Astros as the favorite to win it all with the pickup of Tejada. They'd need to make a few other moves too, which probably won't happen anyway.
phew. for a minute there, I lost myself
- Radiohead