Author Topic: Well, that was a sad, sorry game.  (Read 975 times)

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
Well, that was a sad, sorry game.
« on: May 25, 2006, 05:50:21 pm »
Not really but taken in with the last two combined, it made for some middlin' entertainment.  Pettitte was awful.  I was really wishing that the other half of his alter ego would show up.  The 'Stros made a game of it but the 7th inning rally fizzled and that was that.

Offense woke up a bit with the revised lineup.  Hope Berkman is ok.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

HurricaneDavid

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that was a sad, sorry game.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »
I think that was one of the most interesting games I have ever seen.  Yes it sucks that the Stros lost, but there were SO many plays that if went the other way could have led to an Astros win.  I was at the edge of my seat for the entire 2nd half of the game, which was unexpected after being down 7-1.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
Re: Well, that was a sad, sorry game.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:43:42 am »
No kidding.  2 great stops at 3rd and the running catch in center for the Nats completely changed the game.  Good hitting by the Astros.  Better D for the Nats.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.