Author Topic: Still waiting..  (Read 1073 times)

pots

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Still waiting..
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:32:32 pm »
...for this hot streak.  Wilson is really really not having a great year.  Don't see anything in his history that tells me he plays better in the second half either.  I can't imagine Luke Scott doing much worse up here.  And the savings....mmmmm...mmm.  Don't the Yankees need an outfielder?

pravata

Re: Still waiting..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:26 pm »
Quote:

...for this hot streak.  Wilson is really really not having a great year.  Don't see anything in his history that tells me he plays better in the second half either.  I can't imagine Luke Scott doing much worse up here.  And the savings....mmmmm...mmm.  Don't the Yankees need an outfielder?

Just discovered this, Wilson is hitting .313 on the road.  When did that happen?  Yankees had scouts at the game yesterday.

HurricaneDavid

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:05:21 am »
Off the top of my head, I seriously can't remember 3 Preston Wilson hits this year.

Nats fans loved seeing Preston struggle tonight.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

pots

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:36:36 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Just discovered this, Wilson is hitting .313 on the road.  When did that happen?  Yankees had scouts at the game yesterday.

Huh, I hadn't seen his away stats.  Those are actually liveable.  Not just the average but the OPS is average enough as well.  I suppose we could have a home/away platoon

David in Jackson

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:50:19 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Now that's interesting...
"I literally love Justin Verlander." -- Jose Altuve