Author Topic: So, what is different?  (Read 981 times)

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
So, what is different?
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:31:23 pm »
...with Pettitte between this year and last year?  I have not been able to watch any of his games yet this year.  Walks are up a bit (relative to last year) and hits are way up.  Heavy cutter not sinking?  Are those hits in the air instead of drubbing through the infield?
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: So, what is different?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:36:42 pm »
From what I can see....Location.  That and I think he had luck on his side last year.  That's not to say he didn't pitch great last year, but he had a lot of poeple on base, and got out of a lot of jams in '05.  This year it seems flares and such continue to fall in with people on base.  Last year those were outs.

Augie

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:45:55 pm »
The thing I've noticed is Andy isn't getting the run support he has had in previous years.  He's had a few bad outings, and a few good ones, but he has pitched better than his record reveals.  To pin point a pointless stat that hardly answers your question, he has gave up 9 jacks. Many hangers have left the park early this season for Andy Pettitte.

The Link

pravata

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:54:56 pm »
Quote:

...with Pettitte between this year and last year?  I have not been able to watch any of his games yet this year.  Walks are up a bit (relative to last year) and hits are way up.  Heavy cutter not sinking?  Are those hits in the air instead of drubbing through the infield?

Last time he pitched against the Dodgers, he had a no hitter into the 7th.  His last appearance he beat the Cardinals with very little help from the infield (ie Craig Biggio).  Between those 2 games he lost to the Reds, due mainly to one inning and a foul ball that everyone knew was a foul ball except the home plate ump.  But, his location is up and he's either not getting the corner calls, or not hitting them.  He's also giving up homeruns.  Because he's up.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 04:18:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Last time he pitched against the Dodgers, he had a no hitter into the 7th.  His last appearance he beat the Cardinals with very little help from the infield (ie Craig Biggio).  Between those 2 games he lost to the Reds, due mainly to one inning and a foul ball that everyone knew was a foul ball except the home plate ump.  But, his location is up and he's either not getting the corner calls, or not hitting them.  He's also giving up homeruns.  Because he's up.

I don't think he got a single corner call last night, and he was pounding it over and over. The Dojers wouldn't offer at it either because the ump wasn't calling it.

When that fat ass relief pitcher for the Dojers came in, suddenly that very same corner was open for business.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 04:25:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think he got a single corner call last night, and he was pounding it over and over. The Dojers wouldn't offer at it either because the ump wasn't calling it.

When that fat ass relief pitcher for the Dojers came in, suddenly that very same corner was open for business.

JD was pissed about it too.