Author Topic: Derrek Lee out with two broken bones in wrist  (Read 1732 times)

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
Derrek Lee out with two broken bones in wrist
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:42:05 pm »
 Oh well, there is always next year

Quote:

Lee has a fracture of the distal radial and the distal ulna bone in his hand. He will wear an immobilizing cast that will go past his elbow. Team officials won't speculate on how long Lee will be sidelined, but he could be out two to three months.  

Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

Re: Derrek Lee out with two broken bones in wrist
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:25:33 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Lee has a fracture of the distal radial and the distal ulna bone in his hand. He will wear an immobilizing cast that will go past his elbow. Team officials won't speculate on how long Lee will be sidelined, but he could be out two to three months.  

Now this really pisses me off. I hate it when the Cubs whiny little fans have an excuse.

No? in Austin

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:25:39 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I heard he broke his wrist in a collison with Scott Eyre who also sustained a knee bruise.  The radio report said out for 10 weeks definitely (which is what, 2.5 months!).  Ouch!

CrawfordBoxes

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:35:24 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I heard he broke his wrist in a collison with Scott Eyre who also sustained a knee bruise.  The radio report said out for 10 weeks definitely (which is what, 2.5 months!).  Ouch!

I heard he collided with Furcal on the basepaths.
Make a runnnnnnnn!!!!

CrawfordBoxes

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:38:13 am »
& Big deal...we were without Lance for what will probably end up being the same amount of time so they can shut the hell up and play without him.
Make a runnnnnnnn!!!!

pravata

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 01:44:39 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I heard he collided with Furcal on the basepaths.

Chicago Sun Times

"It all started when Eyre scooped up Furcal's drag bunt with his glove and tried to shovel it to Lee and he flopped onto his stomach. The ball sailed high in the air as Lee went over to the base to try and get it. Furcal plowed into Lee, who jammed his right hand into Furcal to brace himself, then winced in pain."

"I feel bad that I think I got Derrek hurt," Eyre said. "You're human. You second-guess yourself. I keep thinking in my head now that if I didn't flip it, he wouldn't be hurt."

Eyre banged his knee on the flop and couldnt continue.

Golden Sombrero

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 02:11:00 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now this really pisses me off. I hate it when the Cubs whiny little fans have an excuse.

They already had an excuse: Prior and Wood.  Check that--they always have an excuse, either in the form of hurt players, a goat, or an overzealous fan trying to catch a foul ball.
Strikeout Machine

jasonact

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • www.jasonmartinmft.com
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:06:17 am »
Quote:

& Big deal...we were without Lance for what will probably end up being the same amount of time so they can shut the hell up and play without him.

That ain't gonna happen. When September roles around and they're in 4th place (or even 5th), struggling to make it to .500, they will be singing the Lee verse of the same song that includes their woes about Prior and Wood .
phew. for a minute there, I lost myself
- Radiohead

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 10:52:08 am »
Not to get all misty eyed, buy I respect Derek Lee.  In '04 when Remlinger and Barrett and the rest of the Cub nancy boys were crying, Lee took Wheeler's bone making plunking like a man.  It would be more fun beating the Cubs with him in the lineup.
Purity of Essence

pravata

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
Quote:

Berkman was out for April.  Lee is going to be in a cast for a month and a half.  I am looking forward to the forthcoming expert analysis, well mostly pointing at numbers, of how the Cubs offense is the worst in the NL.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 11:55:21 am »
i like Lee also.

WARNING: any fool who exults over another team's injuries is inviting the wrath of the BBGs. we are ok so far. let's keep it that way.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.