Author Topic: Astros in HD?  (Read 2010 times)

Bill McLuggage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Astros in HD?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:53:01 pm »
Is there a schedule that I can't find somewhere?
How can you ask me a question like that?  Do you ask The Beatles that??

No? in Austin

Re: Astros in HD?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:55:43 pm »
Quote:

TVguide.com will list both full listings and HDTVonly listings.  Simply click on the HDTVonly link on the top right hand side to view.

No? in Austin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:58:07 pm »
Oh, btw, they will be on HD... the listing is as follows:

Channel: 1604 FSNHD

T. J.

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:01:24 pm »
Quote:

Not sure where you're going to get them in high-def, unless the Saturday Fox (not FSSW) games are in HD.  Sometimes the INHD channel has them, but according to this schedule:  The Link , they're not on there in the near-term.  FSSW and KNWS aren't in HD.  Hell, KNWS is barely on in REGULAR def!

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:03:31 pm »
Quote:

Ok, ignore my post above.  I was referring to Time Warner's high-def lineup only.  I didn't know FSN had a high-def channel.  Guess I better get on the phone to Time Warner cable (like that'll make any difference...it took 'em two years to get ESPN HD).  

Is this on DirecTV or Dish?  Maybe I'll have to look into that again.

No? in Austin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:09:16 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Ok, ignore my post above.  I was referring to Time Warner's high-def lineup only.  I didn't know FSN had a high-def channel.  Guess I better get on the phone to Time Warner cable (like that'll make any difference...it took 'em two years to get ESPN HD).  

I'm getting my info from  tv guide online.  They list channel 1604 for FSNHD and as a high def channel.  On the grid, you can click on the link "HDTV only" to view the listing.  BTW - this is the listing from Time Warner/Round Rock and Austin, so you're listing may be different.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 05:20:43 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm getting my info from  tv guide online.  They list channel 1604 for FSNHD and as a high def channel.  On the grid, you can click on the link "HDTV only" to view the listing.  BTW - this is the listing from Time Warner/Round Rock and Austin, so you're listing may be different.

Well I'll be damned.  You people in Austin are getting a high-def FSN on Time Warner cable?!  I'm getting on the phone right now!  It ain't fair!

However, even though you lucky dogs may have the channel, I'm not sure tonight's game is in HD, even though it's on that TV Guide thingy.  After looking into this a little more, FSN's HD guide:  The Link  only shows that there are a few "real" HD broadcasts on each of their networks each month.  It's not showing any Astros games in April.  I'm betting they just show their regular broadcast on their HD channel otherwise.  Hopefully I'm wrong and you get the Astros in full HD glory tonight, but I'm not sure you will.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 05:52:57 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well I'll be damned.  You people in Austin are getting a high-def FSN on Time Warner cable?!  I'm getting on the phone right now!  It ain't fair!

However, even though you lucky dogs may have the channel, I'm not sure tonight's game is in HD, even though it's on that TV Guide thingy.  After looking into this a little more, FSN's HD guide:  The Link  only shows that there are a few "real" HD broadcasts on each of their networks each month.  It's not showing any Astros games in April.  I'm betting they just show their regular broadcast on their HD channel otherwise.  Hopefully I'm wrong and you get the Astros in full HD glory tonight, but I'm not sure you will.

Last year IN-HD2 (or IN-HD) would broadcast the FSN-HD Astros games.  There were about 15 as I recall.  Last season on astros.com they had the FSN-HD games listed on the schedule (a "HD" next to the game).  I don't see that for this season, but it doesn't mean they won't be showing any games in HD.  I know MMP has HD cameras already set up, and there are a few MLB teams that are broadcasting almost all games in HD.  In my opinion there is nothing in HD that looks better than baseball.  It's about as close as you can get to being at the park without having to hear somebody behind you yelling at Garner for not making Clemens the opening day starter.

Greg

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:42:58 pm »
I just checked out the 1604 channel here in Austin and it's off-air for as long as my guide would go. There is also a MLBHD channel (1610) which has nothing playing as well.
Hopefully this trend will not continue.

On a side note, it's fucking opening day.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 11:32:44 pm »
Quote:

I just checked out the 1604 channel here in Austin and it's off-air for as long as my guide would go. There is also a MLBHD channel (1610) which has nothing playing as well.
Hopefully this trend will not continue.

On a side note, it's fucking opening day.

Slightly off-topic, but there is nothing scarier than Dick Enberg on at halftime of the NCAA championship game in full pancake makeup in high-definition.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »
I just heard that FSN-Houston will broadcast 17 (as of now) games in HD this season.  They are all away games, and will either be shown on IN-HD or IN-HD2 in Houston on Time Warner the first game will be around May 10th (I'll have more infor in the next week or so).  I don't know at this time if any other area cable syatems or sat networks will show these games are not.

For you Rangers fans, they have at least 2 games scheduled to be shown in HD this season (not sure what channel).

I don't understand why all of the games in HD will be road games this season.  Last year there were home games shown in HD.

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 01:42:15 pm »
Has anyone figured out which games will be in HD?  I was kinda thinking that at least one of the SF games would be, since, you know, Bonds and all
Grab another Coke and let's die

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 02:40:47 pm »
May 10th or 11th is supposed to be the first HD game.  I think the game tonight will be in HD for the Bay Area.