Author Topic: Anyone Want Our Tix and Hotel to the World Baseball Classic?  (Read 1540 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Anyone Want Our Tix and Hotel to the World Baseball Classic?
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:28:11 pm »
3 tix to all 3 games at Chase Field-Phoenix behind the plate, but at the top (8th row I think).

We were going to go, but I just can't miss another week of work right now.

Also, I have a room at the Radisson Downtown paid for, so if you want it, honestly, you can have it.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

I can overnight the tix (you pay) to the hotel so you'll have them in time for tomorrow.  Basically, if you can get to PHX, you can stay in a nice hotel and go to the game on me.  What a guy.

Froback

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Want Our Tix and Hotel to the World Baseball Classic?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:14:57 pm »
Ok, let's see:

Either

Alkie has been drinking again
Alkie is missing and someone has stolen his login
Alkie has been abducted by Aliens and they did experiments on him
Alkie really is being generous

Too bad I can't make this into a poll...

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:25:11 pm »
Well, we had already decided not to go and the tix were just going to sit on my counter while a pre-paid for hotel went unused or I figured someone here might want to go see us lose to a Canadian team of college athletes.

Froback

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:35:37 pm »
Honestly, I think it was really awesome of you to make that offer, and if I was in the area, I would certainly take you up on the offer, but given I am stuck in Dallas with a very busy schedule the next week or so, I can't accept.

What are the dates you do have this for?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 04:57:55 pm »
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Pretty much, if someone wants these, you're gonna have to let me know by 5pm Mountain so I can get this out for 10am delivery tomorrow.

Also, if you can come thru El Paso, obviously, I can just give em to you.

toddthebod

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 05:18:24 pm »
Alike.  I didn't realize that anyone actually "came through" El Paso for anything.
Boom!

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 05:20:26 pm »
No, you're wrong.  It's the ONLY way anyone's been here.

Anywhere I go, people say "oh yeah, when I drove to the west coast once, I had to go thru El Paso."

Figure if anyone was going from Central or East Texas to Phoenix, odds are pretty good they'd have to go thru here.

ASTROCREEP

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 01:38:59 pm »
Quote:

3 tix to all 3 games at Chase Field-Phoenix behind the plate, but at the top (8th row I think).

We were going to go, but I just can't miss another week of work right now.

Also, I have a room at the Radisson Downtown paid for, so if you want it, honestly, you can have it.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

I can overnight the tix (you pay) to the hotel so you'll have them in time for tomorrow.  Basically, if you can get to PHX, you can stay in a nice hotel and go to the game on me.  What a guy.

Hey Alkie,

I still have a few friends in El Paso, just crazy enough to take you up on the offer. I'll let you know.

What part of town do you live?

Do you think the Miners have a chance without Tofi in the tourney?
Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:07:46 pm »
If they want what's left, they can have them.  I live far NW, between Helen of Troy and Franklin HS.

Our season ended when Tof's knee bust.  A very sad day.  We'd have beaten Memphis, and that's no shit.  We were winning when he left.

We'll have trouble beating either Tulsa or Southern Miss, and if we get past them?  UAB will beat us by 50.

ASTROCREEP

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 11:50:38 am »
Quote:

If they want what's left, they can have them.  I live far NW, between Helen of Troy and Franklin HS.

Our season ended when Tof's knee bust.  A very sad day.  We'd have beaten Memphis, and that's no shit.  We were winning when he left.

We'll have trouble beating either Tulsa or Southern Miss, and if we get past them?  UAB will beat us by 50.

OK, a guy name Gilbert Ramos in El Paso probably wants the tickets AND, AND I THINK he sells INSURANCE!!!!

I'll send you a PM with his info.
Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.