Author Topic: Tejada  (Read 1717 times)

toddthebod

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Tejada
« on: December 11, 2005, 01:11:50 am »
If Tejada is really available what would you be prepared to give up to get him:  Lidge and Everett? More?
Boom!

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Tejada
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:44:18 am »
Quote:

If Tejada is really available what would you be prepared to give up to get him:  Lidge and Everett? More?

Most definitely Lidge and AE.  If that won't get it done, add Burke.
Lighten up, Francis.

ASTROCREEP

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:10:02 am »
How about, Qualls, Burke, Buscholtz?
Chuck Norris once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

jasonact

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • www.jasonmartinmft.com
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 03:22:07 pm »
Quote:

How about, Qualls, Burke, Buscholtz?

I think Lidge and AE would have to be part of the deal. Burke possibly as well. That said, I don't think he's really available; Abreu neither. I think it'll take a huge offer for either player to get traded, more than the Astros or possibly any other team will be willing to trade.
phew. for a minute there, I lost myself
- Radiohead

InRoyWeTrust

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:19:30 pm »
Tejada isn't available yet according to what various credible people are saying. Even if he was, I doubt we have anything they want. Yea, they lost Ryan, but they're in the same mindset as us that they can plug anyone in a t closer (they have a 23-year old setup man they think could be the real deal).

We'd have to give up offense to get Tejada, something we don't have (unless they are looking for a salary dump, although we don't have much of that either).

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 07:27:06 pm »
Quote:

I don't think he's really available

If you've got a player demanding a trade, the club will definitely listen to offers.  If he really wants out, I'm sure management realizes that it's not in the club's best interest to keep him around.
Lighten up, Francis.

jasonact

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • www.jasonmartinmft.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 09:33:11 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think he's really available

If you've got a player demanding a trade, the club will definitely listen to offers.  If he really wants out, I'm sure management realizes that it's not in the club's best interest to keep him around.

I don't completely agree with that. Not every player throws a temper tantrum if their demands aren't met. Lots of players make trade demands that are never met. It's probably a moot point, however, because Tejada has reportedly  backed down from his "demand". If I was a betting man, I'd bet that both Tejada and Abreu begin (and probably finish) the season with their current teams.
phew. for a minute there, I lost myself
- Radiohead