Author Topic: So I'm trying to find a new Astros shirt ...  (Read 2522 times)

Craig

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
So I'm trying to find a new Astros shirt ...
« on: November 08, 2005, 02:45:58 pm »
I got an email today saying Astros' merchandise is 20% off at the MLB store. I haven't gotten an NL Champions shirt yet, so I decided to take a look.

So look at the description for this shirt ...

The Link

"Celebrate with the St. Louis Cardinals when you wear this 2005 National League Champions Long Sleeve T-Shirt from Adidas."

I guess the Jakes will be hanging their National League Co-Champions banner any day now.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm trying to find a new Astros shirt ...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 02:49:29 pm »
I don't know. I read that as "Eat a big pile of this, JakeFan!"
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 03:02:35 pm »
Quote:

I don't know. I read that as "Eat a big pile of this, JakeFan!"

You're right, I should look at it that way. Maybe I'll go ahead and order that shirt, and be sure to wear it next time I'm at the St. Louis airport.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 03:23:38 pm »
we even went to the shed last year to hung a nl wildcard shirt for kathy(youngest daughter college)ended up ordering it offline for a slightly reduced price. later it ended up being like 6 or 7 bucks on clearence so i guess you never know. but when it came to the ws shirt it was ordered at full price the night they made the playoffs.
forever is composed entirely of nows

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 12:51:49 pm »
Quote:

we even went to the shed last year to hung a nl wildcard shirt for kathy(youngest daughter college)ended up ordering it offline for a slightly reduced price. later it ended up being like 6 or 7 bucks on clearence so i guess you never know. but when it came to the ws shirt it was ordered at full price the night they made the playoffs.

I got a wild card shirt for something like $2.99 online in March. Of course, since the cheap piece of crap shrank, I only wore it three times, so at $1 per wearing, I'm not sure I got my money's worth.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 01:55:34 pm »
Quote:

I got a wild card shirt for something like $2.99 online in March. Of course, since the cheap piece of crap shrank, I only wore it three times, so at $1 per wearing, I'm not sure I got my money's worth.

Sure the shirt shrank.  It had nothing to do with your gut getting bigger from sitting on your ass eating bon bons all day, did it?

BTW, whatever happened to the shirt we got you a couple of years ago.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:16:51 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Sure the shirt shrank.  It had nothing to do with your gut getting bigger from sitting on your ass eating bon bons all day, did it?

BTW, whatever happened to the shirt we got you a couple of years ago.

Let's just say my range factor and zone rating have declined over the years -- but my BPS -- buffet pillaging score -- still lags far behind John Kruk's.

Which shirt was it?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 05:17:38 pm »
Quote:

Which shirt was it?

Sorry, I was thinking of Craig.  "We" got him a shirt a couple of years ago.  By "we", I mean BudGirl got him one after I told her to.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:28:10 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Which shirt was it?

Sorry, I was thinking of Craig.  "We" got him a shirt a couple of years ago.  By "we", I mean BudGirl got him one after I told her to.

Told me????

And Craig mentioned a while back that he was still wearing the lucky shirt.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 07:04:11 pm »
Quote:

Told me????

Right.  By executive order of the Grand Wizard of Lucky Shirts and Rally Caps, I commanded you.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 07:05:37 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which shirt was it?

Told me????

Hell yeah, I wore it all through the playoffs. Washed it between series, even.

Now I'm trying to find an NL Champions shirt, but the only ones I've seen so far are those with the cheesy-looking pennant.

CentexAstrosFan

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 11:29:27 pm »
Saw that shirt on sale at the Super Target this weekend in Austin for $8.  So, I got two.
"Crying?  There's no crying in BASEBALL!"

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 11:51:27 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which shirt was it?

Told me????

Hell yeah, I wore it all through the playoffs. Washed it between series, even.

Now I'm trying to find an NL Champions shirt, but the only ones I've seen so far are those with the cheesy-looking pennant.

Be patient grasshopper, I was thinking of being nice.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 03:06:15 am »
Quote:

I got an email today saying Astros' merchandise is 20% off at the MLB store. I haven't gotten an NL Champions shirt yet, so I decided to take a look.

So look at the description for this shirt ...

The Link

"Celebrate with the St. Louis Cardinals when you wear this 2005 National League Champions Long Sleeve T-Shirt from Adidas."

I guess the Jakes will be hanging their National League Co-Champions banner any day now.

Yeah, I really wanted one of those hats they wore in the clubhouse when they clinched the NL pennant and thought I'd avoid the rush of bandwagoners and get mine when they restocked - so I tried to order it the week of the world series and they were unavailable!  I was bummed!  I had heard you could find some nice hats at local Lids stores, but I never made it to one of those. So I ordered that black brushed cotton National League Champions hat from mlb.com and it let me place the order then sent me an email saying it was "unavailable for immediate shipment".  WTF does that mean?  Am I still getting it or not?  Are they going to make more?  I doubt it so I started scouting out eBay. They have some of those khaki NL Champs from the clubhouse, but I ain't paying $60 bucks for a hat.  But I did bid on and win a couple of cool auctions.  I got a black soft cotton cap with the Astros star logo and World Series 05 on it.  The other auction I won was for a Astros/Nike windbreaker pullover (my hubby has a black one  just like it and it is awesome). Plus this one came with one of those dueling Astros/Sox World Series caps.  I won that auction for $56.78 (check it out below), which I thought was a decent deal considering that I paid $60 just for my hubby's black windbreaker.  The other auction for the hat cost me $30 with shipping, but that's about what my total to mlb.com was going to be.  If anyone has an "extra" one of those khaki clubhouse caps laying around send me a message.

The Link