Author Topic: June 23-25, 2006.  (Read 10156 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
June 23-25, 2006.
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:59:21 pm »
Try to win at least ONE this time, ladies.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: June 23-25, 2006.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:13:13 pm »
what the fuck does this mean? ladies?
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:03 pm »
what the fuck do you think it means?  Was it difficult to figure out?

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:08:22 am »
I can't freakin' believe they're coming to Colorado the first week of May again!  Doesn't MLB know that it SNOWS the first week of May in Denver?  Sheesh.

And yes, I second your statement. Hopefully Backe will take his home game on the road for that series.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:14:33 am »
yes, "ladies" is difficult to figure out. what do you mean?

Greg M

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 12:26:34 am »
Quote:

I can't freakin' believe they're coming to Colorado the first week of May again!  Doesn't MLB know that it SNOWS the first week of May in Denver?  Sheesh.

And yes, I second your statement. Hopefully Backe will take his home game on the road for that series.

I see a road trip from Albuquerque.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:35:22 am »
Quote:

what the fuck does this mean? ladies?

It means that many of the player's bodies have been taken over by aliens.  Aliens who are a bunch of limp-wristed nancy boys that prefer lace on their panties.
Lighten up, Francis.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 11:32:48 am »
Oddities in the schedule include no STL until May and no Cubs until June.  Then July gives us a solid week of nothing but Cubs and 3rds.

Also, June is "Stay at Home" month for the 'Stros.

Oh, and we close the regular seasopn on the road in ATL.  Nice.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 11:40:23 am »
Quote:

DO the Astros just go ahead and book the next week there, too?
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 11:48:47 am »
Quote:

Quote:

DO the Astros just go ahead and book the next week there, too?

Fuuuuuuuuck.  That had not occurred to me.

Hopefully, 2006 is the year that the NL East finally rises up and punks these fuckers.  Also, any playoff series will of course be starting in Houston.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 12:09:40 pm »
unbelieveable, Dobro, even for you.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 12:41:20 pm »
Jim, you are often asked these sorts of questions around here and for the most part they go unanswered.  On a serious note, could there ever be a situation where you would concede that the players did not perform as a major league player is expected to perform?  If so, why would you not consider this World Series one of those situations?
Lighten up, Francis.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 12:46:44 pm »
Athletes can never do wrong, Dobro, even when they go 0-for-47 or whatever the fuck it was with runners in scoring position.  It is never the fault of the players, and professional athletes should be completely immune to criticism because they get paid millions to play a children's game or something.

I've seen my wife take better hacks at the batting cage than Ensberg in the World Series, but calling him out on it on a BBS is unacceptable.  We owe Morgan and the rest of the guys the respect they deserve as we are anonymous dorks who the players don't know exist.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
I should point out that this thread has not only hurt the team and its individual players, but clearly shows that I am not a REAL FAN (tm).  

All I did was miss work for a month and spend about $6,000 to watch some baseball games.

pravata

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 12:55:03 pm »
Quote:

Athletes can never do wrong, Dobro, even when they go 0-for-47 or whatever the fuck it was with runners in scoring position.  It is never the fault of the players, and professional athletes should be completely immune to criticism because they get paid millions to play a children's game or something.

I've seen my wife take better hacks at the batting cage than Ensberg in the World Series, but calling him out on it on a BBS is unacceptable.  We owe Morgan and the rest of the guys the respect they deserve as we are anonymous dorks who the players don't know exist.

The thing is, it's obvious he didn't care.  Swinging at hanging sliders is childs play.  Especially as Ensberg hit the fuck out of those during the regular season.  World Series, he just gave up or something.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 12:57:59 pm »
Quote:

The thing is, it's obvious he didn't care.  Swinging at hanging sliders is childs play.  Especially as Ensberg hit the fuck out of those during the regular season.  World Series, he just gave up or something.

I don't think anyone around here is insinuating that the players didn't have heart or didn't care.
Lighten up, Francis.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 12:58:07 pm »
Look, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that last AB he had in the 14-inning game was unlike anything I'd ever seen in a major league game.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I've seen Al Leiter take better swings.

If Morgan is hurt, FINE, SAY SOMETHING.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 12:59:48 pm »
boo hoo that you spent irresponsible amounts of money. no one forced you to do that. i'm sure the Astros lost just to piss you off. Ensberg, especially, went into the tank to spite you. failure is unacceptable, of course, to those who never fail themselves. good for fucking you.

so, you are "calling the players out" on the TZ? whoo, boy, ain't that grand. your frontrunning knows no bounds, and you are right, anyone who calls this team "ladies" because it lost the WS is not a true fan.

Alkie and Dobro are disgusted and angry. a lot of the rest of us are happy and proud.

pravata

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 01:01:34 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think anyone around here is insinuating that the players didn't have heart or didn't care.

Then what's their "excuse"?  They don't try as hard as you do?  Possibly there's another team on the field?

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:43 pm »
Quote:

Alkie and Dobro are disgusted and angry.

For the record, I am not disgusted and angry.  I think some of the players made an extremely piss-poor showing this post-season, but I'm very proud of the team.
Lighten up, Francis.

pravata

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:54 pm »
Quote:

Look, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that last AB he had in the 14-inning game was unlike anything I'd ever seen in a major league game.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I've seen Al Leiter take better swings.

If Morgan is hurt, FINE, SAY SOMETHING.

Yes, sarcastic.  He had much worse atbats in game 4.  He was completely lost in his 2nd ab, didnt even know how to stand.  In his 4th atbat, he was digging around in the box like he didn't want the ab to start.  I think he was hurt.  I also think he gained some confidence, in hindsight false, from the homerun in game 2.  Bruntlett or Vizcaino could've played 3d, but unless he was physically unable to play, I can't see an Astro taking off.  That is possibly wrong headed.  But, I can't get mad about it, nor about how he played.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 01:10:58 pm »
Take your meds, Jim.  I'm serious.  Take your meds.  You need professional help.

If you didn't know I was THRILLED about this season and what the Astros accomplished, then you either don't read enough around here or are fucking brain dead.

And seriously, next time you feel like calling me out as a frontrunner or anything but a fan, you can suck a dick.  Fucking sociopath.  You've been running this act around here for, what, a decade now?  NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK IS A REAL FAN, JIM.  NO ONE.  Get a CLUE.  Don't want to read my posts?  IGNORE THEM.  PLEASE.  I'M BEGGING YOU.

YOU don't get to decide who is a fan and who is not, not that this will make sense NOW, since you've never understood this before.

What's REALLY amazing is that I wasn't even being SERIOUS when I started this thread, but you decided to get all Mr Big behind your keyboard.

What the FUCK, indeed.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 01:11:18 pm »
Quote:

Then what's their "excuse"?

I'm not sure there are any valid excuses.  That's kinda the point.
Lighten up, Francis.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 01:12:39 pm »
just curious, Dobro, have you ever tried your hardest at something and not done well? do you think MLB players succeed every time? did CWS have MLB players on their roster too? did anyone quit? did anyone give less than their best effort?

fuck this "ladies" crap. fuck thinking that only those who succeed or who win are worthy of your respect. fuck this "we won" and "they lost" bitching and moaning.

watching a lot of games does not make someone a fan. neither does spending a lot of money. fuck frontrunning.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 01:12:51 pm »
See, that's the thing!  I wasn't mad or upset or disgusted or whatever.  Hell, I even turned to everyone after we got SWEPT and said "we won the NL, can't take that away from us."

Jim needs someone to spar with today, so fine.  I hope baseball season starts again soon.

edvio

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 01:18:19 pm »
Of course we're proud of what the Astros did this season and what they did in the NLDS and NLCS.  But being swept out of the world series, what's to be proud about that?  Even Gar was mad enough to fling a stool and publicly says he's ticked about the loss after game 3, and we know he's proud of his team.

Edit: I want to add, being swept out of the world series does not discount what they did this season and the rest of the postseason. Just like Alkie said, you can't take that away from us.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 01:19:04 pm »
be careful you do not trip over something backpedalling, Alkie.

i think i'll save the "sociopath" post so i can remember it.

Astros Brat

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 01:20:15 pm »
Quote:

wtf?  Why don't we close out the season at home?  WE were in the World Series, not the frickin' Braves.
It's the freakin' World Series

pravata

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 01:20:33 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Then what's their "excuse"?

I'm not sure there are any valid excuses.  That's kinda the point.

Do you have a point?  Because all you're doing is whining that Ensberg didn't play well.  Not only did all of us notice, he noticed too.  Jumping around pointing it out doesnt do one damn thing.

pravata

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 01:24:52 pm »
Quote:

See, that's the thing!  I wasn't mad or upset or disgusted or whatever.  Hell, I even turned to everyone after we got SWEPT and said "we won the NL, can't take that away from us."

Jim needs someone to spar with today, so fine.  I hope baseball season starts again soon.

I was just kinda sad watching Ensberg.  Knew he could do better, that last fly to right center almost did it.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 01:26:58 pm »
Quote:

all you're doing is whining that Ensberg didn't play well.  Not only did all of us notice, he noticed too.  Jumping around pointing it out doesnt do one damn thing.

Actually, I haven't mentioned Ensberg.  And there were more piss-poor showings than MoBerg's display.

Does discussion on a fan site always have to be backslapping?  I would argue that ignoring what happened this World Series doesn't do a damn thing either.
Lighten up, Francis.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 01:30:36 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I was just kinda sad watching Ensberg.  Knew he could do better, that last fly to right center almost did it.

I felt sorry for him; a guy like that being that uncomfortable in the batter's box.  And, seemingly coming up in every critical situation close and late.  I'm in the think he's injured boat.  IMO, if he didn't have the hand issue, the series continues tonight.
Goin' for a bus ride.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 01:33:01 pm »
what happened, Dobro, that you cannot ignore? i'll tell you what i saw--a Series that was so tight and so hotly contested that one hit or one break made the difference between winning and losing. i saw  a CWS team that was a better team, but not by much, get most of the breaks and more key hits and win by a razor-thin margin. i saw an Astros team never give up and never quit down to the last out of the last game.

that's what i saw. fuck your whining and bitching that is based on nothing more than the Astros lost.

pravata

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 01:38:05 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

all you're doing is whining that Ensberg didn't play well.  Not only did all of us notice, he noticed too.  Jumping around pointing it out doesnt do one damn thing.

Actually, I haven't mentioned Ensberg.  And there were more piss-poor showings than MoBerg's display.

Does discussion on a fan site always have to be backslapping?  I would argue that ignoring what happened this World Series doesn't do a damn thing either.

Ignoring?  Does discussion on a fan site always have to be whining and ego puffing?  You don't know shit.  You don't add shit for useful insight.  Noting the basic facts of what happened is beyond your and most peoples capabilities.  Wandering into why it happened is ludicrous.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 01:49:13 pm »
That's all fine and fucking dandy, Jim, but when your cleanup hitter is batting .100, you've got problems.  When your closer can't keep runners off base and the ball out of the stands, you've got problems.

I don't care if every game was decided by 1 run.  The fact is that the Astros lost 4 games in a row to the same team.  That's an ass-kicking.

The term "ladies" is pretty fucking appropriate right now, imo.  Hell, MoBerg should be forced to do the Twist in a poodle skirt after what he brought to the table.  Is Kangaroo Court still in session?

Lighten up, Jim.
Lighten up, Francis.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 01:52:56 pm »
fuck off, Dobro. you are clueless. nice to be able to identify the frontrunners clearly. they use and embrace the epithet "ladies" to describe the Astros.

pravata

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 01:53:21 pm »
Quote:

That's all fine and fucking dandy, Jim, but when your cleanup hitter is batting .100, you've got problems.  When your closer can't keep runners off base and the ball out of the stands, you've got problems....

What tha?  When did that happen?  Lemme put on my "waaa waaa waaa" googles and take a relook at the the Series.  I don't think I'm quite whiny enough about this.  Look here, they traded Geoff Blum and he hits a homerun?!  What were the Astros thinking?  That Oswalt, can't he pitch?  And Lidge pffft, call that a slider?

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 01:59:09 pm »
Jim, I'm surprised you were able to make it back to the keyboard after the bitchslappin' you took from Alkie.  

What a fucked up bunch we are, huh?  Frontrunners and sociopaths...
Lighten up, Francis.

WulawHorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 02:00:37 pm »
Isn't there some middle ground in all this?

I love Moberg- I love this team, I'm proud of him etc., but I thought that his first two AB's in game 4 were putrid beyond anything I've ever seen from a MLB cleanup hitter.  I really wanted Gar to bring in Bruntlett, does that make me a bad fan?

Ensberg and Everett were both looking incredibly lost and confused in the box- Everett needs to play, struggles be damned, b/c he's a slick SS and hits 8th- Morgan doesn't get that slack cut to him.  I think that Moberg is probably hurt, and this will come out sometime next year.  He ain't been the same guy since he got hit in the hand in the illly.

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 02:05:23 pm »
Nice to see that "ladies" is an epithet. You men are tho thenthitive about being labelled anything but manly.

Anyhow. I guess this *is* the time of year where folks eat their young.

(Edit: the fact that this reply is "to"  WulawHorn is just coincidence. He was at the bottom of the thread. Only those using and responding to ladies as an epithet can consider this post as "for" them.)
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 02:08:01 pm »
bitchslapping? yes, it was pretty shocking to be called a sociopath by someone i have known for years and had in my home many times.

Alkie's irresponsible rants are familiar to folks who have been here awhile and/or who have gotten to know him. folks who know him let his hyperbole go in one ear and out the other. he is a notorious frontrunner who is the first to complain after a loss but who is always at the front of the line in good times. i find "ladies" to be offensive after all this team has done. perhaps others do, too, but Alkie apparently gets a free pass for frontrunning.

i am keeping his post so that i can remember every word he said. you are a fucking idiot who amounts to nothing and whose sole contribution ever is bitching and moaning. what you say is meaningless and not to just me.

"ladies" is an epithet when referring to a males' professional sports team. it was meant in a derogatory way.
how many women are there in MLB, Hols? why is that? are they good enough to make it? being "manly" ain't it. being MLB level skilled is it. got it now, Hols?

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 02:14:17 pm »
Quote:

you are a fucking idiot

My friend, I would argue that you're the idiot, and I'm quite confident that I'm not alone in this thinking.
Lighten up, Francis.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 02:15:34 pm »
probably not. put it to a vote if you'd like. you'd still be nothing but a whiner.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • I_dont_need_no_stinkin_homepage.com
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 02:15:40 pm »
Quote:

Nice to see that "ladies" is an epithet. You men are tho thenthitive about being labelled anything but manly.

(Edit: the fact that this reply is "to"  WulawHorn is just coincidence. He was at the bottom of the thread. Only those using and responding to ladies as an epithet can consider this post as "for" them.)

This doesn't have anything to do with my choice of shoes today, does it?

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 02:18:20 pm »
Got it Jim. I still think it's ludicrous to be offended by that. That's just part of the male nature, whether it's hurled at an MLB player, or taped on the door of an all-male IT department. Point being, that calling someone a "lady" to be derogatory is fairly neolithic. The N-word fell into public disuse, but gender-based epithets are alive and kicking. Nice. Got it, Jim?

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 02:22:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

This doesn't have anything to do with my choice of shoes today, does it?

Well, kitten heels are hot now, so those stiletto pumps make you look desperate and whore-ish. Might be the shoes. Of course, I wear black tennis shoes pretty much all the time (wouldn't wanna be accused of being a "lady" -- perish the thought ) so I'm not really in a position to criticize.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 02:23:16 pm »
kinda like "just like a man," eh?

thanks for your contribution to PC, Hols.

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 02:28:07 pm »
Quote:

kinda like "just like a man," eh?

thanks for your contribution to PC, Hols.

Ah, see you are able to recognize an impropriety. Two points for you So, how come I should just accept that ladies is an acceptable epithet, but Alkie shouldn't use it in the first place? Woulda been just as easy to call them a buncha "A-ball or beer-league scrubs" and get the same exact point across.

You're welcome, btw. I hate being called Hols, though.

davek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 02:36:16 pm »
Quote:

i find "ladies" to be offensive after all this team has done. perhaps others do, too...

Looks like I picked a hell of a day to return to the Talk Zone...

For the record, I'm thinking the "ladies" reference was a little offensive myself... But then I'm just another of them old school folk...

Who'da thunk Jim would still be trying to explain to Alkie that "class" wasn't just those things he skipped back when he was in school?...

Or that Holly would still be trying to piss standing up?...
"You wait for a strike then you knock the shit out of it."  Stan Musial

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 02:39:28 pm »
Hah! I have no interest in pissing standing up... well, unless my back teeth are floating, in a field of poison ivy.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2005, 02:41:42 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

i find "ladies" to be offensive after all this team has done. perhaps others do, too...

For the record, I'm thinking the "ladies" reference was a little offensive myself... But then I'm just another of them old school folk...

Who'da thunk Jim would still be trying to explain to Alkie that "class" wasn't just those things he skipped back when he was in school?...

The pc discussion of "ladies" is stupid.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2005, 02:49:36 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The pc discussion of "ladies" is stupid.

See... I'd get into the discussion of how baseball is typically a cyclical sport, but I'm afraid it might turn menstrual.

pravata

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 02:55:58 pm »
Quote:

Isn't there some middle ground in all this?

I love Moberg- I love this team, I'm proud of him etc., but I thought that his first two AB's in game 4 were putrid beyond anything I've ever seen from a MLB cleanup hitter.  I really wanted Gar to bring in Bruntlett, does that make me a bad fan?

Ensberg and Everett were both looking incredibly lost and confused in the box- Everett needs to play, struggles be damned, b/c he's a slick SS and hits 8th- Morgan doesn't get that slack cut to him.  I think that Moberg is probably hurt, and this will come out sometime next year.  He ain't been the same guy since he got hit in the hand in the illly.

I don't see the point in making a big deal about it.  Everybody saw it.  Obvious he wasn't the same Ensberg that played most of the season.  Equally obvious that it was the Ensberg that played some of the season.  And, anyone who was surprised that the Astros could go into a slump at any point, well they just don't know anything about the 2005 Astros.

WulawHorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 03:01:44 pm »
Time and again I looked at our lineup during the season and was shocked that we were able to score any runs at all.  I'm shocked that we tallied 14 runs in the first three games of the WS and didn't even get one win out of it.  I'm surprised not in the least that we got shut out in game 4- I'm really only surprised that we only got the bagel 1 time in this post season.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 05:18:13 pm »
Quote:

See... I'd get into the discussion of how baseball is typically a cyclical sport, but I'm afraid it might turn menstrual.

At least that would put a period on the end of this discussion.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 05:29:03 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

At least that would put a period on the end of this discussion.

I'm not one to pad my own stats.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 05:41:31 pm »
Quote:

I'm not one to pad my own stats.

Just go with the flow.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 06:09:59 pm »
Quote:

Just go with the flow.

Bloody hell man, would you just put a plug in it and let this topic die!!!

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 07:34:15 pm »
A sociopathic ex-coach and current lawyer is a hard man to stop.

Augustus McRae
Purity of Essence

guitarcec

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2005, 01:55:07 am »
Quote:

fuck off, Dobro. you are clueless. nice to be able to identify the frontrunners clearly. they use and embrace the epithet "ladies" to describe the Astros.

i thought that garner should have pinch hit for ensberg the last two games of the series, too. i guess you can put me on your stupid list of "frontrunners", too. what a worthless discussion...
''It's not over until the Chronicle says it is.''
-Brad Ausmus

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2005, 04:49:02 pm »
You miss the point completely.  I stayed away for the last few days because I did not care to rehash the minutae of the troubling yet rewarding Series.  I came back hoping there was some good, clean entertainment to be had and voila!  Here it is.  A spat between Alkie and JimR out in the open for all to see is a healing catharsis for those of us that have been around a while.  It just shows how much they care for us.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2005, 04:58:20 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

i thought that garner should have pinch hit for ensberg the last two games of the series, too. i guess you can put me on your stupid list of "frontrunners", too. what a worthless discussion...

Thinking Ensberg should be pinch hit for may not put you on a frontrunner list, but as far as baseball goes you are eligible for the stupid list.

guitarcec

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2005, 05:13:51 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Thinking Ensberg should be pinch hit for may not put you on a frontrunner list, but as far as baseball goes you are eligible for the stupid list.

oooh, don't put me on your stupid list - i'd be heartbroken.

tell me why you think a 2 for 18 hitter against the sox (and looked clueless at the plate for the month before that) should be up with the game on the line. dazzle me with your baseball intellect.

and....go.
-Brad Ausmus

guitarcec

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2005, 05:16:07 pm »
Quote:

You miss the point completely.  I stayed away for the last few days because I did not care to rehash the minutae of the troubling yet rewarding Series.  I came back hoping there was some good, clean entertainment to be had and voila!  Here it is.  A spat between Alkie and JimR out in the open for all to see is a healing catharsis for those of us that have been around a while.  It just shows how much they care for us.

this is true. it was very entertaining. i just like to hear opinions, not insults.
-Brad Ausmus

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2005, 05:19:18 pm »
his is not the only stupid list you are on.

guitarcec

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2005, 05:21:02 pm »
Quote:

his is not the only stupid list you are on.

ok.
-Brad Ausmus