Author Topic: Tough game  (Read 2157 times)

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
Tough game
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:25:52 am »
But a good one.  White Sox played just a bit better than the good guys but we've got Big Game Andy going tomorrow night so expect more of the same but with the Astros playing a bit better.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Tough game
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:28:32 am »
Very good game from the Sox, as expected. This will be a good, tough series.

There will be no big bullpen advantage. The Astrops will have to go for it all 9 innings. Shoudl be a good series.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 12:31:00 am »
Have the Astros won any of the 3 games in which Everett has made an error?  Not the last two that's for sure.

cuban

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • elrubendelmar.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 12:31:39 am »
Frustrating as hell to see those leadoff doubles wasted.

Good thing this team wasn't built to come from behind. 100 mph in all but one pitch to Bags.

Almost stole this one. But I like our chances of a split with Pettitte due up.

Greg M

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 12:33:12 am »
Only top notch baseball is going to win this Series.  It's disappointing that the Astros didn't play better but it's only the start.  We're going to see some great baseball games.

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 12:34:54 am »
We take all 3 at home.

Losing Game One was far from awful.

Hell, if I'm a Sox fan, I don't feel ALL that great.  Look.  They got our ace out after 2, faced the worst pitcher on our roster (by a LOT) for 3.1, got Astro at-em ball after at-em ball, at home, in the cold....and still only won by 2.

If Roy had pitched tonight, odds are pretty good we win 3-1.  I'm not saying we "SHOULD" have won the game or anything, we lost and nothing changes that.  My point is just that we DID get to Contreras and we can easily win some ballgames.

Looks to be a great series, as anticipated.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 12:39:26 am »
Game one of seven, and the Astros hung in there and will only get tougher, IMO.

I just loved the great baseball being played. The Astros were the ones to make a couple of mistakes this time, though the Sox did a great job of making the most of those mistakes. These teams seem to be matched up very well and I love it.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 12:44:45 am »
Quote:

But a good one.  White Sox played just a bit better than the good guys but we've got Big Game Andy going tomorrow night so expect more of the same but with the Astros playing a bit better.

The White Sox have a good pen.  That may be the understatement of the year, but I didn't know they were that good.  I do now.  Fabulous job by Cotts and Jenks.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 12:46:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

The White Sox have a good pen.  That may be the understatement of the year, but I didn't know they were that good.  I do now.  Fabulous job by Cotts and Jenks.

I now understand why some think Chicago's pitching is better than Houston's.  It's perfectly clear now.
Lighten up, Francis.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 12:57:32 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I now understand why some think Chicago's pitching is better than Houston's.  It's perfectly clear now.

They completely tore up te Astros emergency long relief and made this game completely blowout.

COme on. Taking nothing away from the Sox, Roger's leg cramping up doesn't seem to indicate a dominating advantage.

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 01:19:04 am »
I thought Wandy did a good job tonight.  One run, 3 innings.  That's why he's on the roster, for emergency long relief. Seemed like every time we hit the ball hard, it was right at Crede. That should even out over a 7 game series.  Willy also looked comfortable.  Sox are beatable.
RO RASROS!

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 02:32:11 pm »
me, too. the HR pitch was up, but otherwise he was good.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 02:40:52 pm »
Wandy nutted it out and got out of that bases loaded inning pretty damn good too.  I thought he did a good job for not getting to pitch much lately and then being dumped in the middle of game one of the world series.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 08:13:54 pm »
Tral, Jim, Matt:

I meant the Wandy comment to be sarcastic. Sorry about that.