Author Topic: World Series, Game One ? Astros at White Sox  (Read 1825 times)

Craig

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
World Series, Game One ? Astros at White Sox
« on: October 22, 2005, 06:58:09 am »
Late-night television personality Roy Oswalt says the #11 best reason that the World Series rocks is that he gets to read more previews on OrangeWhoopass.com.

The Link

Rebel Jew

• View Profile
    • Rebel Jew
Re: World Series, Game One ? Astros at White Sox
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:43:57 pm »
Craig, it's worth it to me just to read a series preview that starts with "World Series, Game One..."

BTW, some things about New Comiskey:  It's actually a pretty nice ballpark, in my opinion, because it's relatively new but it's not that 'old-new' retro bullshit with fake-looking bricks like Arlington or Camden Yards.  And real Sox fans have always struck me as an educated, yet surly bunch (i remember being at a game once where a sox reliever was in the process of blowing a tie game in the 8th, and one guy sitting around me yelled "throw a strike, you fag!" very loudly, and nobody seemed to care because it summed up everybody's sentiments.  HOWEVER, three huge problems with the place:  1.  It's in the worst part of town imaginable, right in the heart of the south side ghetto  2.  It's facing the wrong way, so when you're there you get a view of towering Chicago projects in the outfield rather than the Chicago skyline (i think the reason for this is the unwritten baseball rule about how you don't want the stadium facing the sunset)  3.  The parking situation is the worst I've ever seen at a stadium or arena.  You can't park outside of the stadium because of the neighborhood, so you're stuck in this parking lot with only a couple of entrances/exits.  Every time I've been there it's taken an hour to get out, and that's with half capacity at the game

Also, you've gotta wonder about a group of fans who let the Cubs talk shit about them.  The Cubs!  This is like a middle school where the nerdy kid gets picked on by the normal kids, but then he goes home and picks on the REALLY nerdy kid who lives down the street from him.  You just gotta wonder about that REALLY nerdy kid.

LonghornCDR

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 01:53:16 pm »

Quote:

But you have to remember that Houston only has one baseball team, and Chicago has one and a half.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
60% of the time... it works everytime.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 02:14:07 pm »
Quote:

Craig, it's worth it to me just to read a series preview that starts with "World Series, Game One..."

Yeah, it felt great just typing the words. I can't believe I'm getting to write previews for the World Series. I have to keep telling myself, "Act like you been here!"

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 02:19:34 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

But you have to remember that Houston only has one baseball team, and Chicago has one and a half.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Thanks!

See, I figured that if the Astros are already in Chicago, it's my responsibility to toss a grenade or two the Cubs' way, just on principle.

Seriously, think how much this must suck for Cubs fans. Not only do they have to watch their crosstown rival host the World Series, they also have to watch their division rival play in it! Ahahahaha!

Plus, we had to beat their OTHER division rival to get here! Ahahahaha!

Greg

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 06:55:09 pm »

Man, another classic preview. You are on fire.

Great stuff.

Marcus_in_STL

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:00:47 pm »
Well done, CraigTB.