Author Topic: Good, quality win.  (Read 1503 times)

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
Good, quality win.
« on: October 20, 2005, 12:53:29 am »
Boy the team looked great.  Not a single hint of dented confidence.  Solid, solid win tonight.  Congrats to the boys and all you nuts that never lost faith.  And even to those that wavered.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: Good, quality win.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 01:00:59 am »
Quote:

Boy the team looked great.  Not a single hint of dented confidence.  Solid, solid win tonight.  Congrats to the boys and all you nuts that never lost faith.  And even to those that wavered.

Jakes looked like shit tonigh; Astros were calm, professional and deadly.  Makes you wonder why it went 6.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 01:20:36 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Jakes looked like shit tonigh; Astros were calm, professional and deadly.  Makes you wonder why it went 6.

So the Sox could see what they're up against of course.

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:27:09 am »
You know what's really surreal?  The BFiB are sticking around and cheering on the 'Stros.  I guess they're spending some quality time at the Busch before it gets blown up...but still, very weird to see.  Tip o' the hat to ole St. Looie for the show of class, whether it's for the park or the 'Stros.
Grab another Coke and let's die

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 01:56:51 am »
They were showing a retrospective video on Busch stadium's history, and also a video showing highlights of the jakes '05 season .  That's why they stuck around so long.

headhunter

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 02:15:26 am »
who wants to get in the van back to the retirement community? and those nice white men from Houston did play a nice game. it was a mercy killing.
my probation officer is real proud of me
I drive an Olds 88 got the devil on a leash...
I'm going out West...