Author Topic: Who'd a thunkit????  (Read 2206 times)

Jose Cruz III

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Who'd a thunkit????
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:14:21 pm »
Not to tempt the BBGs or anything, but who would have thought while we were gnashing teeth this past January, calling Scott Boras and Carlo$ Beltran every name in the book, that we would be up 3-1 in the NLCS in mid October. I admit I did not. Carlo$ and Kent were huge for us in the playoffs last year and I thought it was our year. Not to be. No one, including most of us, gave us a chance to make the playoffs much less the WS. But here we are. And we all know why. Purpura did a good job this year. But the reason we are where we are is our arms. So.............Thank you pitching staff and timely hitting. Now lets go get us a championship.

I feel "Major League" music cueing up. So in my best Japanese accent, "I don't care how close they are to World Series, they still smell like sh**".
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Who'd a thunkit????
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 12:15:08 am »
Quote:

And we all know why. Purpura did a good job this year.

Horseshit.
Lighten up, Francis.

UpTooLate

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 12:22:11 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Horseshit.

Curious as to why you think Purp has done a bad job?  I scratched my head first half of the season with him making no serious moves, but he looks like a genius right now.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:29:28 am »
Quote:

Horseshit.

Ummmmmmmm, okay...
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

Jose Cruz III

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 12:46:06 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Horseshit.

Thats interesting. Sometimes you do a good job by not caving to pressure. If he had caved, Backe would be in Cincinnati or Arlington right now for a player that might or might not be helping us right now or down the stretch. I don't think Dunn would have had bigger hits than Lamb has had this series. Or I can't say that Soriano would have helped us. He stood pat and didn't mortgage the future. And it paid off. The only deal he had in place was for Moyer and Winn, and with what Winn did down the stretch, we would be sitting even prettier right now.

Why exactly do you think he did a bad job.
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 01:05:04 am »
Save all the bullshit praise of Purpura for someone who actually deserves it.  He tried to pull off the Moyer deal and what a fucking disaster that would have been.  Moyer saved us, not Purpura.  Moyer?  Fucking please.  That's the best he could do?  

In spring training, we needed offense.  In the first-half, we needed offense.  In the second-half, we needed offense.  In the post-season, we need offense.  Uh, yeah, thanks, Tim.  You're a genius.
Lighten up, Francis.

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 01:08:10 am »
Who gets traded for (meaningful) offense, and how were they dispensible up to tonight's game?
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 01:09:58 am »
I agree...thank you hun for putting most of this team together.  I like it very much.

Desperado

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 01:10:15 am »
Quote:

In the post-season, we need offense.

Wait...

we -are- up 3-1 in the NLCS, right? Or did I just imagine that?

No? in Austin

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 01:10:46 am »
Quote:

Who gets traded for (meaningful) offense...

Teams he was talking to asked for Roy Oswalt in return.  Pupura said no.  Genius move, I'd say.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 01:14:00 am »
Dobro, you are FOS. the deal was Moyer and Randy Winn, who would have helped a ton.

oh, yeah--fuck off. bitching now? you are laughable.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

cougar

• I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 01:17:55 am »
I think the "offense" was supposed to come in the form of Dunn.  However, to get him we would've had to give up what was it, Burke, Astacio and a couple other players?  Then when you get him, Lamb gets squeezed out of PT.  No thanks I'll take the team we've got now.

pravata

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 01:58:45 am »
Quote:

I think the "offense" was supposed to come in the form of Dunn.  However, to get him we would've had to give up what was it, Burke, Astacio and a couple other players?  Then when you get him, Lamb gets squeezed out of PT.  No thanks I'll take the team we've got now.

In case anyone needs to be told, offense didn't win the game tonight.

tophfar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 02:00:08 am »
Quote:

Quote:

In case anyone needs to be told, offense didn't win the game tonight.

and how it must stick in Barzilla's craw to watch AE make that throw.  

No AE, game probably still going.
Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be?