Author Topic: Baseball Prospectus Top 10  (Read 15120 times)

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
Baseball Prospectus Top 10
« on: November 15, 2019, 12:32:38 pm »
I do not have a subscription, but if anyone wants to post the list here, that would be great.
Up in the Air

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball Prospectus Top 10
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:21:04 pm »
1. Forrest Whitley
2. Jose Urquidy
3. Jeremy Pena
4. Abraham Toro
5. Bryan Abreu
6. Korey Lee
7. Rogelio Armenteros
8. Freudis Nova
9. Cristian Javier
10. Jairo Solis

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 08:59:46 am »
1. Forrest Whitley
2. Jose Urquidy
3. Jeremy Pena
4. Abraham Toro
5. Bryan Abreu
6. Korey Lee
7. Rogelio Armenteros
8. Freudis Nova
9. Cristian Javier
10. Jairo Solis
Thanks. I am a bit surprised at Pens being #3 and Lee cracking the top 10. Javier should be higher IMO.
Up in the Air

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 06:37:38 pm »
Thanks. I am a bit surprised at Pens being #3 and Lee cracking the top 10. Javier should be higher IMO.

They covered the reasons for that in the chat which is open to the unwashed folk.
Jim (Georgetown): There are going to be guys in the Top 101 with pretty similar AA stats, at basically the same age, as Cristian Javier. I know nothing about scouting. What keeps him from joining their ranks?

Houston Astros Top 10 Chat: So I think there's two ways to approach this. On the one hand the line between backend 101 arm and Javier isn't that big in some ways. A little less size, a little less fastball, you have to squint a little harder to find average command. But that stuff adds up, and projecting all of those bumps (and yeah, he's not getting any taller) takes us past the bounds of our 75th percentile OFP. The K numbers are nice but they imply better stuff than is there at present, and an above-average curve will always rack up Ks in Double-A. It's nice to have in the majors too, but the stuff around that limits the upside some for Javier compared to oh say Tarik Skubal or Edward Cabrera.

Always ready to go to a game.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 02:57:05 pm »
Interesting that Javier was added to the 40-man though. I still think he is better than BO indicates.
Up in the Air