Author Topic: Bivens  (Read 1965 times)

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
Bivens
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:09:55 am »
I was aware of the atrocity inflicted upon Blake Bivens and his family, but did not realize that Morgan Ensberg is his manager. The Athletic has a good article about the league and club's reaction, including how Ensberg was able to draw upon his own minor league trauma to help Bivens.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Bivens
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 11:23:03 am »
If anybody without an Athletic subscription is interested, here's one from his team's local paper:  https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2019/08/29/tampa-bay-rays-prospect-blake-bivens-faces-tragedy-wife-son-killed-montogmery-biscuits-support/2149964001/

Unbelievably horrific.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 04:52:21 pm »
Texted with Morgan. He said “complete nightmare.”
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Snuffy

• Prime Time Player
  • Watch him "motate" down the line!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 06:38:03 pm »
Texted with Morgan. He said “complete nightmare.”

So good to see Morgan's emotions as he tries to comfort Blake during this indescribable loss. 
There are times when words carry little weight.  This is one of them. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:50:48 pm by Snuffy »
Nothing worthwhile comes without pain, ask any Astros fan.

Snuffy

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 09:04:58 am »
This is an unspeakable tragedy and an unimaginable loss.  There are no words.

While I can't get my mind around that loss, our family understands a small part of it.  Our daughter and her husband are attending a retreat this weekend for couples that are grieving the loss of a child.  It is led by a couple that has been walking thru that loss and sharing their journey. 

Lydia - our daughter's 1st born - had seizures on her 8th day, brain surgery b/f her 2nd BD, and almost lived 10 years w/o walking or talking.  She was fed through a tube.  Friends would show up to bring food, wash dishes, do laundry, etc., and then leave.  Lydia died in 2010.  They have five children and are getting help to do the grief work. 

I can't fathom the loss of a child, a spouse, and a parent (in law) at the same time - especially at the hands of a loved one. 

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »
This is an unspeakable tragedy and an unimaginable loss.  There are no words.

While I can't get my mind around that loss, our family understands a small part of it.  Our daughter and her husband are attending a retreat this weekend for couples that are grieving the loss of a child.  It is led by a couple that has been walking thru that loss and sharing their journey. 

Lydia - our daughter's 1st born - had seizures on her 8th day, brain surgery b/f her 2nd BD, and almost lived 10 years w/o walking or talking.  She was fed through a tube.  Friends would show up to bring food, wash dishes, do laundry, etc., and then leave.  Lydia died in 2010.  They have five children and are getting help to do the grief work. 

I can't fathom the loss of a child, a spouse, and a parent (in law) at the same time - especially at the hands of a loved one.

So sorry for your families loss.
Always ready to go to a game.

Snuffy

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 10:41:41 am »
Thank you, Duman.  I tried to delete my posts b/c I did not want to kill this thread, but it was too late.  Bivens is needing our prayers now and in coming months and years, as he faces birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays w/o his family.  Blake's loss, as well as other losses and pain that have been shared here, here, and in other places, often leave us struggling to see God and His love through pain. 

We are not alone.
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”  C. S. Lewis
Over time it is possible for some of the worst things in our lives to become some of the most precious things.  But that understanding can sometimes take years...

As we remember Blake, let's also remember Nelson W. Bernard, Emily's father, who is also grieving.  He lost his wife, daughter, and grandson - at the hands of his son, Matthew, who is in jail for their murders.

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 02:04:07 pm »
Been there, done that, and I feel horrible for anyone who loses a family member or friend, for whatever reason.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"