Author Topic: Gurriel  (Read 2968 times)

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Gurriel
« on: June 26, 2019, 08:09:55 am »
The narrative on the TZ during the bad streak was how washed up Yuli is and advance planning on his replacement. Then I learned last night he hit .321 during the road trip. Getting him back to first will be good, and he will be hitting 6th or 7th when the lineup is back to full strength. I think he will be fine, as he showed us last night hitting 6th.

Fisher is not listed anywhere on the RR roster, and I wonder what is up with him. I also wonder how big of a doghouse Correa is in.

ETA: Fisher was listed with the bench players last night so I guess he is back from wherever.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:12:19 am by JimR »
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Gurriel
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:14:30 am »
The narrative on the TZ during the bad streak was how washed up Yuli is and advance planning on his replacement. Then I learned last night he hit .321 during the road trip. Getting him back to first will be good, and he will be hitting 6th or 7th when the lineup is back to full strength. I think he will be fine, as he showed us last night hitting 6th.

Fisher is not listed anywhere on the RR roster, and I wonder what is up with him. I also wonder how big of a doghouse Correa is in.

"I'm feeling great, the pain is gone," [Correa] said. "The plan is to be doing rehab games throughout the All-Star break, and I said if the fans vote me in, one of my rehab games is going to be the All-Star Game. The way the fans have been voting for me, I'm motivated."

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Carlos-Correa-upbeat-about-rehab-14049004.php

“Unfortunately for him, I don’t think it’s that realistic, given the time he’s had off and he hasn’t played a rehab game yet,” Hinch said. “Maybe by then he’s active, but unfortunately with the timing, I don’t see how that’s a possibility.”

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/aj-hinch-on-carlos-correa-in-all-star-game
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 08:24:30 am »
Doesn't really seem like they're talking to each other a lot.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:58:00 am »
Doesn't really seem like they're talking to each other a lot.

Sounds like Hinch said "Bullshit...you don't play for us, you ain't playing in the ASG."
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 09:11:40 am »
I highly doubt Correa actually believes they would let him play in the ASG. He just said that to show fans how good he feels. I have a friend who when getting drunk will say "I could go to work right now" to show how not drunk he is, once he said that I knew he was drunk, Correa is doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 10:12:41 am »
I highly doubt Correa actually believes they would let him play in the ASG. He just said that to show fans how good he feels. I have a friend who when getting drunk will say "I could go to work right now" to show how not drunk he is, once he said that I knew he was drunk, Correa is doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What a sad human being. Dude should at least be claiming he could do something fun. I'm so sober I could totally create some spreadsheets right now.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:24:56 am »

ETA: Fisher was listed with the bench players last night so I guess he is back from wherever.

I read that he was activated yesterday after being on the temporary inactive list.  No other detail or reason given.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:24 am »
I read that he was activated yesterday after being on the temporary inactive list.  No other detail or reason given.

That list is often used when players have personal reasons for leaving the team.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 12:37:31 pm »
What a sad human being. Dude should at least be claiming he could do something fun. I'm so sober I could totally create some spreadsheets right now.
Officer, I purposely drove my car into that building to prove how drunk I ain't. No drunk man would do that on purpose. Sure, maybe by accident but not on purpose.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »
I mentioned it elsewhere: that HR last night demonstrated Yuli's ability to drive balls out of the zone.   The broadcast graphic had it located up and in off the plate.

Some players aren't worth waiting thru slumps; Yuli is and hopefully the slump is over.

#piñapower

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »
I mentioned it elsewhere: that HR last night demonstrated Yuli's ability to drive balls out of the zone.   The broadcast graphic had it located up and in off the plate.

Some players aren't worth waiting thru slumps; Yuli is and hopefully the slump is over.

#piñapower

.321 on most recent road trip.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 01:19:27 pm »
.321 on most recent road trip.
Going back to the start of the Milw series:  .327/.389/.571/.960
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
Going back to the start of the Milw series:  .327/.389/.571/.960

Viva La Piña.

Yuli,  Brantley,  Altuve,  and this year Josh are all willing to go with pitches for opposite field knocks.  And they can drive balls that need to be driven.

That's a lot of pressure on opposing pitching staffs.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 09:37:10 am »
Gurriel since June 11:  .338/.390/.676

Springer since returning from the Injured List: .345/.406/.483

An interesting note on Gurriel:  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-insider-How-Carlos-Beltran-helped-to-14068517.php?__twitter_impression=true

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:41:22 am by juliogotay »

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 12:02:57 pm »
The Astros need to hire Beltran away from the Yankees. 
Boom!

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 10:34:25 am »
The Astros need to hire Beltran away from the Yankees.

His kids are still in school in NYC.  That's why he took the NYY job.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 12:29:09 pm »
Yuli named AL Player of the Week.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"