Author Topic: Frito Pie Friday  (Read 1572 times)

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Frito Pie Friday
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:05:52 am »
So, Neil, Arky and I are meeting Friday for Frito pie to hopefully get some consistent vaunting happening.  Any suggestions what to do to help Collin?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Frito Pie Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:17:12 am »
So, Neil, Arky and I are meeting Friday for Frito pie to hopefully get some consistent vaunting happening.  Any suggestions what to do to help Collin?

Don't put your meal in the center of the plate.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 09:09:22 am »
find a place with consistency and not all over the place
forever is composed entirely of nows

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 02:28:16 pm »
find a place with consistency and not all over the place

I didn't catch last night's game but caught Collin's last start and I remember being concerned at the number of breaking balls he was throwing, especially after the opposing team went hunting them the second time through the order.  I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seemed like he was throwing a breaking ball about 75% of the time in the start before last night.  Was his control the problem last night or was it the fact that his fastball (now 90-91mph) just isn't good enough anymore as a starter? 

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:48:18 pm »
I didn't catch last night's game but caught Collin's last start and I remember being concerned at the number of breaking balls he was throwing, especially after the opposing team went hunting them the second time through the order.  I don't have the numbers in front of me, but it seemed like he was throwing a breaking ball about 75% of the time in the start before last night.  Was his control the problem last night or was it the fact that his fastball (now 90-91mph) just isn't good enough anymore as a starter?

His sliders started in the zone, stayed in the zone, and got punished.

The solo HR hit well up the batter's eye in dead center. 

When he walked the bases loaded all 4 balls were fastballs that were way inside.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:15:25 am »
His sliders started in the zone, stayed in the zone, and got punished.

The solo HR hit well up the batter's eye in dead center. 

When he walked the bases loaded all 4 balls were fastballs that were way inside.

Mike Stanton commenting this morning on MLB radio that batters are sitting on Collin's breaking balls.  He said Peacock was heading down a similar path in his opinion but came back with a strong start last night, both with the wind up and firing more fastballs than in recent starts, crossing up hitters.