Author Topic: RIP, Harlan Ellison  (Read 919 times)

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
RIP, Harlan Ellison
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »
Prick or prickly, take your pick. But a great sci-fi author (one of my favorites) and some of his quotes are more relevant than ever:

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

"Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks."

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
Re: RIP, Harlan Ellison
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:46:37 pm »
RIP Of course death came for him while he was sleeping. If he had been awake, there would have been an argument.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Aussie Astro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: RIP, Harlan Ellison
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
Prick or prickly, take your pick. But a great sci-fi author (one of my favorites) and some of his quotes are more relevant than ever:

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

"Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks."

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, HIS opinion, man
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.