Author Topic: Free Agents  (Read 60474 times)

TenThirty

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: Free Agents
« Reply #500 on: January 26, 2018, 02:35:01 pm »
I can't shake this weird feeling of Keuchel to the Brewers, Phillips and Santana and a Brewers prospect to the Rays and Archer to the Astros.  Not sure how to evaluate if that talent balances on all sides.  The Rays and Astros might both want another lower level prospect in a deal like that.

Milwaukee wants a front of rotation guy which Keuchel has proven he can handle.  Archer is probably a lot better off being the 2 or 3 guy in a contending rotation.  Rays get a haul of cheap MLB ready talent, Astros get more club control and free up cash for upcoming free agents.

I'm not really advocating it, but kind of have this feeling that Luhnow would like to do something like it.  The feeling started with wondering if he'd want to get those guys back from the Brewers, but realized we probably don't have a place for them.

Anyway, tear it to shreds....
Yay.

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #501 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:16 pm »
I don't know if it is realistic, but I like it a lot.
E come vivo? Vivo.

TerryPuhl21

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 26, 2018, 06:05:32 pm »
I can't shake this weird feeling of Keuchel to the Brewers, Phillips and Santana and a Brewers prospect to the Rays and Archer to the Astros.  Not sure how to evaluate if that talent balances on all sides.  The Rays and Astros might both want another lower level prospect in a deal like that.

Milwaukee wants a front of rotation guy which Keuchel has proven he can handle.  Archer is probably a lot better off being the 2 or 3 guy in a contending rotation.  Rays get a haul of cheap MLB ready talent, Astros get more club control and free up cash for upcoming free agents.

I'm not really advocating it, but kind of have this feeling that Luhnow would like to do something like it.  The feeling started with wondering if he'd want to get those guys back from the Brewers, but realized we probably don't have a place for them.

That is really, really interesting. I think the Rays would want more than those three players for Archer though. Astros in that scenario may have to send a prospect to the Rays as well.

On another note, since the Brewers need some starting pitching and we seem to have some excess in that area, what about McHugh to the Brewers for Santana???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:14 pm »
Eric Thames is their 1B. The guy who came back to the US after 3 years of mashing in Korea, and hit 31 homers. Maybe they don't think he's for real, or maybe they envision some sort of time-share with Braun and him... but I think the most likely scenario is probably that Domingo is traded for a pitcher.

Ah, thanks, I forgot about Thames. I suppose there's always the question of whether he can repeat last year's performance, but he seemed fairly legit. I agree, that probably puts Santana on the market.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:22 pm »
On another note, since the Brewers need some starting pitching and we seem to have some excess in that area, what about McHugh to the Brewers for Santana???

I'm loathe to ship starting pitching away until we're out of the spring without injuries.

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 26, 2018, 08:25:37 pm »
Is it so far fetched to consider the stros still in the running for Darvish?   I know it would ultimately bump Morton from the rotation but what about the 6 man rotation?  With Keuchel “possibly” leaving after next year and Morton in the same boat, does it not make sense to create the “super rotation” especially if he could be had without going to 5 or 6 years?

TerryPuhl21

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 26, 2018, 09:50:36 pm »
I'm loathe to ship starting pitching away until we're out of the spring without injuries.
I know how you feel. I also worry about how pitching so deep into the calendar last year will impact some of our pitchers, especially Morton and Peacock. I don’t have that fear with Keuchel, McCullers and McHugh as much because they spent so much time in the DL, but those other two will bear watching.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2018, 12:08:22 am »
That is really, really interesting. I think the Rays would want more than those three players for Archer though. Astros in that scenario may have to send a prospect to the Rays as well.

Glad I read through the thread before posting.  These were exactly my thoughts.
Up in the Air

TerryPuhl21

• View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2018, 09:34:42 am »
Glad I read through the thread before posting.  These were exactly my thoughts.
I know we have Tucker waiting in the wings, but the thought of Santana back in an Astros uniform intrigues me. I think he would hit 40 homeruns or more playing half his games in Minute Maid Park. Yes, he does strike out a lot and our team has gotten away from that, but if he hits 278 like he did last year and still hits 40 bombs I will take the strikeouts. He is not a clone of Chris Carter because he puts the ball in play a whole lot more. Hell, he had a higher OBP at .371 than Yuli did last year. I’m sure it will not happen, but I would love to see him in left field, or Reddick in left and Santana in right. While our lineup is already great, putting his power in our order would be the equivalent of getting JD Martinez on the cheap. If I was Luhnow, I would really have to see if there was a way I could do this without it hurting too much.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:39:23 am by TerryPuhl21 »

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2018, 09:23:37 pm »
... the thought of Santana back in an Astros uniform intrigues me. I would love to see him in left field, or Reddick in left and Santana in right. While our lineup is already great, putting his power in our order would be the equivalent of getting JD Martinez on the cheap.
But putting his glove in the OF would be the equivalent of getting Marv Throneberry on the cheap.
Up in the Air

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 27, 2018, 10:31:22 pm »

Why wouldn't the Brewers just trade for Archer?  He's a front of the rotation pitcher.  He's cheaper and under control for more years.  From the Brewers perspective, why are the Astros involved at all?   
Boom!

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 28, 2018, 02:44:12 pm »
Why wouldn't the Brewers just trade for Archer?  He's a front of the rotation pitcher.  He's cheaper and under control for more years.  From the Brewers perspective, why are the Astros involved at all?
Exactly. The post convinced me that Archer to Milwaukee makes sense, but there's no reason aside from wishful thinking to include the Astros in any such trade.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 28, 2018, 04:19:54 pm »
But putting his glove in the OF would be the equivalent of getting Marv Throneberry on the cheap.
I seem to remember Marvelous Marv at first base once taking an infield throw square in the face. It didn't even tip his glove, just POW! right in the kisser!
He breezed him, one more time!

Randy Watson

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 29, 2018, 11:55:24 am »
Spring training starts early this year, and i’ll bet the unsigned FAs are getting antsy. My favorite FA, Matt Belisle, isstill unsigned, I think.

Did you coach him?

He has had some really good seasons and has made a lot of money.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #514 on: January 29, 2018, 01:33:53 pm »
Did you coach him?

He has had some really good seasons and has made a lot of money.

Yes, soph and junior years at Austin McCallum. You can read about his junior year in From the Dugout. The piece is titled The Improbably Odyssey.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 02, 2018, 02:20:43 pm »
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2018, 02:56:32 pm »
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 02, 2018, 04:07:55 pm »
Isn't that depressing?

Well, at least we'll have these World Series games to watch over and over again when the players strike.
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2018, 05:14:01 pm »
Isn't that depressing?

I confess to being a bit confused. I would bet all of the big name free agents have offers and maybe multiple offers. They are pissed at the owners because Boras or some other agent told them to wait and not sign? I have little patience with the “if you do not pay me what I want for as long as I want it” crowd. I also call bullshit on the tanking charge. One would think the owners should have learned sooner paying a player $200 Million so the team can finish .500 is not smart. How much money is enough or “fair.”

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2018, 06:31:00 pm »

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2018, 06:34:59 pm »
I confess to being a bit confused. I would bet all of the big name free agents have offers and maybe multiple offers. They are pissed at the owners because Boras or some other agent told them to wait and not sign? I have little patience with the “if you do not pay me what I want for as long as I want it” crowd. I also call bullshit on the tanking charge. One would think the owners should have learned sooner paying a player $200 Million so the team can finish .500 is not smart. How much money is enough or “fair.”

I'm sure they want to believe that it's collusion, but the fact of the matter is that there are now several data points that show that the model of using home-grown, inexpensive talent for the bulk of your roster and plugging holes with the odd vet works. Couple that with everybody trying to stay under the cap so they can splurge on real game-changers next year means that this year's relatively unexciting crop of free agents is simply out of luck. Buggy whip manufacturers, automobiles, etc, etc. C'est la vie.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 04, 2018, 01:57:54 pm »

One author just doesn't think this is as  good class of FAs as the last couple of years. https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2018/2/3/16967658/everything-youve-read-about-this-hot-stove-season-is-false-darvish-arrieta-martinez-hosmer-moustakas

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »
I don't feel a lot of sympathy for the mega-star FAs who just aren't satisfied with the $25m per year with only a 5-year term offers they've gotten, or whatever it may be.

Then again, I don't feel any sympathy for the owners, who are swimming in money.

The problem is the guys who are in their first few years in the league don't get paid a fraction of what they're worth. So, yes, it is much more cost-effective for a GM to hope that one of those guys can do approximately as well as a medium-tier veteran that he'd have to pay $5m a year instead of $500k.

I don't know what the solution is, but it just seems like a huge problem when teams have free reign to pay their youngest players a fraction of what they'd have to pay similarly-skilled older players. There's so much money in baseball these days, you'd think there would be a way to throw more of back to the 1-3 year service-time guys, not to mention the minor leaguers, who get paid an inhumane wage.

If the younger guys' salary corresponded a little more with their contributions, then maybe the extra experience and dependability of the veteran becomes a little more appealing, if you're talking about, say, $5m a year versus $3m a year rather $5m vs. $500k.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 04, 2018, 04:26:31 pm »
I don't feel a lot of sympathy for the mega-star FAs who just aren't satisfied with the $25m per year with only a 5-year term offers they've gotten, or whatever it may be.

Then again, I don't feel any sympathy for the owners, who are swimming in money.

The problem is the guys who are in their first few years in the league don't get paid a fraction of what they're worth. So, yes, it is much more cost-effective for a GM to hope that one of those guys can do approximately as well as a medium-tier veteran that he'd have to pay $5m a year instead of $500k.

I don't know what the solution is, but it just seems like a huge problem when teams have free reign to pay their youngest players a fraction of what they'd have to pay similarly-skilled older players. There's so much money in baseball these days, you'd think there would be a way to throw more of back to the 1-3 year service-time guys, not to mention the minor leaguers, who get paid an inhumane wage.

If the younger guys' salary corresponded a little more with their contributions, then maybe the extra experience and dependability of the veteran becomes a little more appealing, if you're talking about, say, $5m a year versus $3m a year rather $5m vs. $500k.

This is all negotiated, isn’t it? Not unilateral decisions by owners?

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »
This is all negotiated, isn’t it? Not unilateral decisions by owners?

Absolutely, but it's negotiated by the guys who are already in the union. They've had every reason to screw the incoming guys, but maybe now they're recognizing the shortsightedness of that approach.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 04, 2018, 09:57:18 pm »
Absolutely, but it's negotiated by the guys who are already in the union. They've had every reason to screw the incoming guys, but maybe now they're recognizing the shortsightedness of that approach.

+1
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 06, 2018, 09:09:05 am »
Todd Frazier signs with the Mets.

Yes this was just an excuse to revisit my favorite moment of the ALCS.
Goin' for a bus ride.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 06, 2018, 11:55:53 am »
Todd Frazier signs with the Mets.

Yes this was just an excuse to revisit my favorite moment of the ALCS.

He had an eventful Series:

One-handed homer off Morton
Would be tying homer Springer caught at the wall
Chop Bregman turned into a miraculous play

and that K

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:19 pm »

and that K

That's the one that comes to mind first for me.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 06, 2018, 12:32:02 pm »
He had an eventful Series:

One-handed homer off Morton
Would be tying homer Springer caught at the wall
Chop Bregman turned into a miraculous play

and that K

The K kills me because it is just so Little League like which demonstrates how filthy Verlander was.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:56 pm »
I saw where the Rangers signed Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal with a spring training invite. They now have a Colon, a Bush, a Fister, and an Odor.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2018, 04:44:18 pm »
I saw where the Rangers signed Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal with a spring training invite. They now have a Colon, a Bush, a Fister, and an Odor.
Nominated

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2018, 04:59:20 pm »

Gold.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2018, 09:55:42 pm »
A Choo.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2018, 09:28:11 am »
bless you
forever is composed entirely of nows

The Spleen

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:13 am »

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 19, 2018, 09:55:32 am »
Chris Carter signed a minor league deal with the Angels.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »
Martinez to the Red Sox

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2018, 05:58:50 pm »
Martinez to the Red Sox

5yrs/110  not quite what he was waiting for

Also saw Hosmer to Padres for 8yrs/144 (front loaded w opt out after 5/105)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:05:10 pm by astrojo »

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2018, 06:05:51 pm »

Yeah, poor JD.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2018, 06:08:10 pm »
Yeah, poor JD.
Please don't throw me in that briar patch.
Up in the Air

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2018, 07:55:28 pm »
That's only $22 million per year.  I think he could pay the minor leagues for that.

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2018, 08:01:10 pm »
Yeah, poor JD.

Def count me in with the group that hoped Sox would give less after he turned down the initial offer.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:13 am »
Yeah, poor JD.

Isn’t this what you’re supposed to tell a new law school graduate?

I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 20, 2018, 08:08:03 am »

And an old lawyer.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 20, 2018, 08:08:08 am »

Ha!

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 20, 2018, 08:40:57 am »

JD gets opt outs after years 2 and 3.

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:26 am »
The NL East is going to be tough on pitchers.
E come vivo? Vivo.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2018, 11:50:26 am »
The NL East is going to be tough on pitchers.

I think you mean AL East?
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2018, 12:48:32 pm »
Its actually fairly amazing to me how many decent free agents are still left, especially position players.  And I can't figure out where these guys are going to go, unless the "tanking" teams go out and start signing players en masse.  I mean you could put the following team out there:

1st:  Logan Morrison/Lucas Duda/Adam Lind
2nd:  Tony Phillips/Neil Walker
3rd:  Michael Moustakas/Danny Valencia
SS: JJ Hardy/Erick Aybar
c:  Jonathan Lucroy/Ruiz
LF:  Melky Cabrera/Jason Werth
CF:  Carlos Gomez/Maybin
RF:  Carlos Gonzalez/Michael Saunders
DH:  Napoli/Bautista/Holliday

It seems to me that these guys are going to start signing really cheap contracts as desperation sets it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:53:35 pm by toddthebod »
Boom!

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2018, 01:24:10 pm »
any that need to be on the astros wish list?
forever is composed entirely of nows

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2018, 01:43:53 pm »
Carlos Gonzalez and Lucroy are still available.  At some point, it was rumored that the Astros had an interest in both of those two.  But given what Luhnow said yesterday, I'd be mildly surprised if the Astros sign either.   
Boom!

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2018, 01:53:30 pm »
Carlos Gonzalez and Lucroy are still available.  At some point, it was rumored that the Astros had an interest in both of those two.  But given what Luhnow said yesterday, I'd be mildly surprised if the Astros sign either.   

You are probably correct, but I ignore anything said for publication.

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2018, 06:40:45 pm »
You are probably correct, but I ignore anything said for publication.

Totally agree.  Luhnow is a master of misdirection.  And if a favorable deal falls into the Astros lap, Luhnow will grab it.   
Boom!

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:45 pm »
Its actually fairly amazing to me how many decent free agents are still left, especially position players.  And I can't figure out where these guys are going to go, unless the "tanking" teams go out and start signing players en masse.  I mean you could put the following team out there:

1st:  Logan Morrison/Lucas Duda/Adam Lind
2nd:  Tony Phillips/Neil Walker
3rd:  Michael Moustakas/Danny Valencia
SS: JJ Hardy/Erick Aybar
c:  Jonathan Lucroy/Ruiz
LF:  Melky Cabrera/Jason Werth
CF:  Carlos Gomez/Maybin
RF:  Carlos Gonzalez/Michael Saunders
DH:  Napoli/Bautista/Holliday

It seems to me that these guys are going to start signing really cheap contracts as desperation sets it.
I think Tony Phillips is dead. (RIP)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 21, 2018, 05:26:16 am »

Not to mention he'd be like 60 years old. I don't look for him to sign.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:02 am »
Not to mention he'd be like 60 years old. I don't look for him to sign.

If he does, it will be quite a story.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 21, 2018, 07:00:44 am »

“Cross him off, then.”

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 21, 2018, 07:40:56 am »
I guess that kind of makes Neil Walker the starter.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:26 am »
Cameron Maybin to the Marlins.

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 21, 2018, 08:58:11 am »
Tony/Brandon ...
Boom!

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:11 am »

I heard Tampa Bay was interested.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 21, 2018, 09:12:18 am »
JD gets opt outs after years 2 and 3.
This is probably the big compromise that got the deal done. JD gets a solid guarantee, and the deal being frontloaded allows him to collect early while chasing bigger bucks in a couple years if his bat holds up. Hosmer's deal is structured similarly. I'd expect to see more of that kind of deal in the future.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 21, 2018, 09:25:53 am »

He'll get a lot of at bats.  Puts him in position to once again be in a deadline deal.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 21, 2018, 10:12:56 am »
He'll get a lot of at bats.  Puts him in position to once again be in a deadline deal.

Good for him.  He's a great guy and great community member. 

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:20 am »

Heyman says he got $3.25M plus performance bonuses.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 21, 2018, 10:51:33 am »
Good for him.  He's a great guy and great community member.

So glad he was an Astro.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:30 am »
I will always fondly remember him homering in back to back games in Seattle--both being game winners.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 21, 2018, 11:22:35 am »
So glad he was an Astro.

Ditto. Fit in great and was solid on the field. Wish he was still around but you can't keep 'em all.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2018, 11:26:36 am »
Ditto. Fit in great and was solid on the field. Wish he was still around but you can't keep 'em all.

Big hits also.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:48 am »
Big hits also.

Indeed. Didn't mean to slight his ABs.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:31 am »
I will always fondly remember him homering in back to back games in Seattle--both being game winners.

All three of his homers were winning runs. He also singled to lead off the 11th in WS Game 2 and stole second. This put Springer in hit to the right side mode, and the rest is history...earned.

Maybin told Fisher sometime during Game Five : “One of us is going to score the winning run.”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:45:25 am by JimR »

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2018, 11:59:06 am »
All three of his homers were winning runs. He also singled to lead off the 11th in WS Game 2 and stole second. This put Springer in hit to the right side mode, and the rest is history...earned.

Maybin told Fisher sometime during Game Five : “One of us is going to score the winning run.”

Yes, Game 2 of WS. Maybin earned whatever his salary was from Houston in that game alone. Impressive to be able to come off of the bench and make that significant contribution.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2018, 01:27:17 pm »
Carlos Gomez to the Rays; Colby Rasmus to the Orioles

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2018, 01:32:23 pm »
Carlos Gomez to the Rays

Gomez gets $4 million to get traded at the deadline.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2018, 01:39:47 pm »
Carlos Gomez to the Rays; Colby Rasmus to the Orioles

I didn't realize Colby was playing again after his hip issue (or whatever it was).  Hopefully we'll get to see him at the home opener.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »
Gomez gets $4 million to get traded at the deadline.

Assuming he plays well enough to get traded.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2018, 06:32:45 pm »
Any word on the status of Carlos Gonzalez? I was under the impression that the Astros had submitted an offer for him.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2018, 07:12:10 pm »
Any word on the status of Carlos Gonzalez? I was under the impression that the Astros had submitted an offer for him.

Nope.  Where do his career road numbers play up?
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2018, 07:14:36 pm »

Also to be traded at the deadline?

Agree with those who expressed fond memories and well wishes for him.  He contributed.

Plus I still love speedy outfielders.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2018, 07:17:07 pm »
Plus I still love speedy outfielders.
What IS Gerald Young up to these days?

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2018, 07:21:12 pm »
What IS Gerald Young up to these days?

Hanging out with Cool Breeze Yelding.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2018, 07:50:43 pm »
Hanging out with Cool Breeze Yelding.

Chuckie Carr says "I get paid to do this".

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:38 pm »
Nope.  Where do his career road numbers play up?

Ask Luhnow

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 21, 2018, 08:50:36 pm »
Ask Luhnow

I know that Luhnow knows that CarGo knows that he's been terrible outside of Coors Field, and I know that Luhnow knows more that I know.

I just don't know why he's interesting to the Astros, but if they sign him, great, I do know I will trust this FO in perpetuity.

cougar

• I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2018, 01:50:59 am »
Chuckie Carr says "I get paid to do this".

Kenny Lofton follows up with, "It made me a 6 time All Star!"

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2018, 07:05:39 am »
I do know I will trust this FO in perpetuity.
[/quote

Me, too

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2018, 10:10:55 am »
Kenny Lofton follows up with, "It made me a 6 time All Star!"

Lofton had much more to his game than speed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:13:57 am by juliogotay »

cougar

• I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »
Lofton had much more to his game than speed.

Yes, because when you think Kenny Lofton, you automatically think of his 130 career home runs.

'There always has to be one.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 23, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »
Yes, because when you think Kenny Lofton, you automatically think of his 130 career home runs.

'There always has to be one.

Lofton had a career Slg. % almost 100+ higher than Carr. He wasn't a 90 lb. weakling that was fast.  But I will concede the point. They were similar, Lofton just much better at it.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 23, 2018, 02:55:30 pm »
Liriano to the Tigers.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 23, 2018, 03:05:15 pm »
Lofton had a career Slg. % almost 100+ higher than Carr. He wasn't a 90 lb. weakling that was fast.  But I will concede the point. They were similar, Lofton just much better at it.

Hence the 6 all-star appearances.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 25, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »
Belisle to Cleveland.
Goin' for a bus ride.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2018, 05:34:36 pm »
Belisle to Cleveland.

Not a bad landing spot.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 25, 2018, 05:45:10 pm »
Belisle to Cleveland.

Minor league deal. He’ll make the team.

TerryPuhl21

• View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #596 on: February 25, 2018, 06:02:49 pm »
I’m still amazed that Cobb, Lynn and Lucroy are unsigned. Arrieta I can understand because of how much he money he wants.

Lucroy’s skills may be diminished somewhat but he is a quality catcher. Those just don’t  grow on trees. Is there something about him, perhaps off the field, that has teams reluctant? Is he bad in the locker room??

If the Twins wanted to be bold, they should take the money they were going to throw at Darvish and sign Cobb AND Lynn. Pair them with Berrios and Santana when he comes back and they can certainly win the central.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:22:05 pm by TerryPuhl21 »

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 25, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »
I’m still amazed that Cobb, Lynn and Lucroy are unsigned. Arrieta I can understand because of how much he money he wants.

Lucroy’s skills may be diminished somewhat but he is a quality catcher. Those just don’t  grow on trees. Is there something about him, perhaps off the field, that has teams reluctant? Is he bad in the locker room??

If the Twins wanted to be bold, they should take the money they were going to throw at Darvish and sign Cobb AND Lynn. Pair them with Berrios and Santana when he comes back and they can certainly will the central.

Cleveland may have something to say about that.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 25, 2018, 06:33:17 pm »

If the Twins wanted to be bold, they should take the money they were going to throw at Darvish and sign Cobb AND Lynn. Pair them with Berrios and Santana when he comes back and they can certainly will the central.

The Indians rotation is better than that hypothetical rotation. In my opinion, the road to the AL Central runs through Cleveland.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 25, 2018, 07:52:53 pm »
The Indians rotation is better than that hypothetical rotation. In my opinion, the road to the AL Central runs through Cleveland.

Absolutely - just as the road to the World Series runs through Houston.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #600 on: February 25, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »
Absolutely - just as the road to the World Series runs through Houston.

Indubitably.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
Free Agents
« Reply #601 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:37 pm »
Mike Moustakas turned down a $17.5 million qualifying offer from the Royals. He just reupped with KC for $5.5 million guaranteed in 2018, plus $2.2 million in incentives for 2018 and a $15 million mutual option for 2019 (or a $1 million buyout). Actually takes a pay cut from 2017.

Suck it, Boras!

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 09, 2018, 07:05:02 am »
That is insane.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 09, 2018, 07:35:40 am »
He made $8.7MM his last year under club control. Hit a franchise record for HRs last year. Took a pay cut. Talk about swallowing pride. I could almost feel sorry for him but $5.5 is still a whole lot of money for playing a game. High praise to the Royals. Royals 1, Scott Boras 0.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2018, 08:38:43 am »
Boras ought to lose his job over that one. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #605 on: March 09, 2018, 09:05:56 am »
Or his client, at least. I don’t think Bora$ is going to fire himself.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2018, 09:22:21 am »
The Rockies and CarGo have an agreement "in principle" on a one-year deal and "are working through final contract language," a source confirmed to MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi on Friday. More details coming.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 09, 2018, 10:13:35 am »
The Rockies and CarGo have an agreement "in principle" on a one-year deal and "are working through final contract language," a source confirmed to MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi on Friday. More details coming.

I wonder if the Moustakas deal will now help to push a lot more deals through?  Easier to sell your client on this now if you're an agent.  Easier to see the writing on the wall that better offers may not come if you're the player.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 09, 2018, 10:40:05 am »
On a semi-related note, I am now reading a book written about a baseball player agent that is interesting. It's a little dated, published in 2005, but revealing in many ways. What a cut-throat business.

TerryPuhl21

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2018, 10:52:36 am »
On a semi-related note, I am now reading a book written about a baseball player agent that is interesting. It's a little dated, published in 2005, but revealing in many ways. What a cut-throat business.
Name of book for those who may want to read????

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 09, 2018, 10:54:46 am »
Name of book for those who may want to read????

License To Deal by Jerry Crasnick.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 09, 2018, 11:10:01 am »

Moustakis could have signed his name to the qualifying offer too.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 09, 2018, 12:44:57 pm »
Carlos Gonzalez signed by Rockies for $8M.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:02 pm »
Carlos Gonzalez back to Colorado for $8 million. These are some crazy bargains.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #614 on: March 09, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »
Carlos Gonzalez back to Colorado for $8 million. These are some crazy bargains.
CarGo had a pretty bad year last year. I'm actually surprised he got that much. Moustakas has much more recent success, plays a tougher position, and is 3 years younger. That's the one that really shocks me.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2018, 05:06:01 pm »
Arrieta to Philadelphia, 3/$75 mil.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:50 am »

Boras said, "the system failed his client" re: Moustakas.  What a load of crap.  Scott Boras failed Mike Moustakas by trying to drive up the overall market (thereby increasing his overall take) instead of looking out solely for Mike Moustakas.  That is 100% on Scott Boras.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2018, 01:11:51 pm »
Boras said, "the system failed his client" re: Moustakas.  What a load of crap.  Scott Boras failed Mike Moustakas by trying to drive up the overall market (thereby increasing his overall take) instead of looking out solely for Mike Moustakas.  That is 100% on Scott Boras.

The system worked exactly as designed.  He declined a QO, and offered his services on the open market for whatever rate he could negotiate.  That's precisely what players and agents want...the market to determine their value.  It worked to perfection.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 12, 2018, 02:23:06 pm »
The system worked exactly as designed.  He declined a QO, and offered his services on the open market for whatever rate he could negotiate.  That's precisely what players and agents want...the market to determine their value.  It worked to perfection.

This, this, this. Fuck you, Boras.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 12, 2018, 04:08:55 pm »
+10,000

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 12, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »
Labor war's a-comin'.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 12, 2018, 07:26:05 pm »
Labor war's a-comin'.

When does the current labor agreement run out?

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2018, 07:28:12 pm »
When does the current labor agreement run out?
Not until 2021 or so.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 12, 2018, 07:52:52 pm »
Labor war's a-comin'.

I disagree. I think that's a case of the economic bubble bursting. The long term contracts haven't worked out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 12, 2018, 08:39:00 pm »
I disagree. I think that's a case of the economic bubble bursting. The long term contracts haven't worked out.

The crazy TV deals aren't going to last either. There's a financial reset coming.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 13, 2018, 04:48:54 am »
The crazy TV deals aren't going to last either. There's a financial reset coming.

I've always thought that a serious financial "come to jesus" will happen sooner rather than later.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 13, 2018, 05:50:36 am »
It's precisely because long-term contracts haven't worked out that there'll be a huge fight. League revenue isn't going down. The teams have the money to pay veteran free agents, they've just realized they aren't great investments compared to cheap youngsters. If the players are going to maintain their share of increasing revenues, they'll have to fight for a new system where younger players get paid more. Earlier free agency, earlier arbitration, and a higher league minimum would make young players (1) better compensated and (2) less of a bargain compared to free agents. The players will have to go to war to get concessions like that. They've negotiated themselves into a terrible position, and I think they're starting to realize what it'll take to get out of it.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2018, 01:38:13 pm »
It's precisely because long-term contracts haven't worked out that there'll be a huge fight. League revenue isn't going down. The teams have the money to pay veteran free agents, they've just realized they aren't great investments compared to cheap youngsters. If the players are going to maintain their share of increasing revenues, they'll have to fight for a new system where younger players get paid more. Earlier free agency, earlier arbitration, and a higher league minimum would make young players (1) better compensated and (2) less of a bargain compared to free agents. The players will have to go to war to get concessions like that. They've negotiated themselves into a terrible position, and I think they're starting to realize what it'll take to get out of it.

The real fight will be between the younger players and the established players. The players union's reps have sold the younger players down the river to benefit the older players. Perhaps if membership in the players union was expanded past the active roster, perhaps to the 40-man roster, the younger players could gain some control over their destiny.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:04 pm »
I think everyone on a 40-man is in MLBPA, but you're definitely right that the intra-union dispute will be a big fight of its own. The young players have to win that fight if the union is going to protect the players' share of overall revenue. It's one of the reasons I expect ownership to come out on top again after the dust settles—I don't know if the players will be able to unite on a single bargaining position.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #630 on: March 14, 2018, 10:44:36 am »
I think everyone on a 40-man is in MLBPA, but you're definitely right that the intra-union dispute will be a big fight of its own. The young players have to win that fight if the union is going to protect the players' share of overall revenue. It's one of the reasons I expect ownership to come out on top again after the dust settles—I don't know if the players will be able to unite on a single bargaining position.

I'm not sure what reality suggests that owners have "come out on top".  They are being rewarded for good investments and business acumen and player salaries are putting a dent in this in a way unlike any other industry.  Player salaries started a precipitous rise since free agency started in the mid-70's.  Salary percentage as a derivative of overall baseball revenue is a red herring.  Owners of things have been paid gobs of $$ for owning valuable things for millennia without passing on those values to their workers.  Since free agency, baseball is the very odd exception where the is a semi-direct correlation between revenue increases and employee pay increases over time, even if that employee contribution does not match up with any reasonable value reality.  The fact that there is any salary correlation to revenues proves the union has been so very successful.  Heck, not even employee-owned businesses come anywhere close to these incredible numbers.  Some of the closest analogs in the entertainment industry are not even good analogs as the workers are typically contract employees and not employees of the studios.

The league minimum is over $1/2M per year.  Let that sink in.  +$500K per year for the lowest paid employee.  The players have absolutely come out on top and suggesting otherwise reveals a disconnect from reality.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 14, 2018, 10:52:24 am »
I'm not sure what reality suggests that owners have "come out on top".  They are being rewarded for good investments and business acumen and player salaries are putting a dent in this in a way unlike any other industry.  Player salaries started a precipitous rise since free agency started in the mid-70's.  Salary percentage as a derivative of overall baseball revenue is a red herring.  Owners of things have been paid gobs of $$ for owning valuable things for millennia without passing on those values to their workers.  Since free agency, baseball is the very odd exception where the is a semi-direct correlation between revenue increases and employee pay increases over time, even if that employee contribution does not match up with any reasonable value reality.  The fact that there is any salary correlation to revenues proves the union has been so very successful.  Heck, not even employee-owned businesses come anywhere close to these incredible numbers.  Some of the closest analogs in the entertainment industry are not even good analogs as the workers are typically contract employees and not employees of the studios.

The league minimum is over $1/2M per year.  Let that sink in.  +$500K per year for the lowest paid employee.  The players have absolutely come out on top and suggesting otherwise reveals a disconnect from reality.

It makes me wonder where the owners are going to come up with the revenue for future generations of players if the cost of payroll continues to escalate at anything near the rate it has in the last twenty years. We have been through a period of explosive revenue growth from t.v. deals and better merchandising but the rate of growth can't sustain itself. I know the owners are making money but there are certainly better investments. Glad it isn't my problem.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 14, 2018, 04:29:30 pm »
I'm not sure what reality suggests that owners have "come out on top".

The reality of the current market compared to previous CBAs. Certainly not compared to the pre–free agency era, and certainly not to other industries—we should all be so lucky as to have representation as effective as MLBPA has been since free agency began. The players are now facing a future where they'll get a smaller percentage of every dollar of value they create (the union's position being that the players should get as much of the revenue they generate as possible).

I don't blame owners for chasing surplus value. It is the economically rational thing to do from their position. But the union's job in negotiating a CBA is to minimize surplus value as much as possible so long as doing so also boosts salaries in absolute terms. The system the players negotiated for themselves relied, as it turns out, on clubs being economically irrational. The past ~15 years have seen clubs become far more economically rational, and MLBPA has failed to negotiate changes to the system necessary to adapt to that. That's why I say owners have come out on top—not because I think $500k is some pittance.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 14, 2018, 08:03:46 pm »
Another major strike may kill baseball. Only the steroid-fueled home run derby saved it last time. Both sides had better be very careful. How much money do these people need?

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 14, 2018, 08:50:27 pm »
Another major strike may kill baseball. Only the steroid-fueled home run derby saved it last time. Both sides had better be very careful. How much money do these people need?

There's no way they can be that stupid, is there? 

If they want to be like soccer or hockey, then go for it.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:17 pm »
There's no way they can be that stupid, is there? 

I've given up hope that there's a limit to stupidity.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:53 pm »
Or  greed.
Up in the Air

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:30 pm »

Nothing in the recent past will prove you wrong.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 29, 2018, 10:42:17 am »
Greg Holland to the Cardinals. When they announced that Gregerson was to be their closer, I knew that had to be targeting Holland. As much as I like Luke, he is no longer a viable closer.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2018, 10:51:02 am »
Greg Holland to the Cardinals. When they announced that Gregerson was to be their closer, I knew that had to be targeting Holland. As much as I like Luke, he is no longer a viable closer.

Gregerson is also injured and will start the season on the DL. 

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:07 am »

He declined a $15M player option and a $17.4M qualifying offer.

He got 1 year, $14M.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2018, 11:05:47 am »
Gregerson is also injured and will start the season on the DL.
Is Bud Norris is the interim closer?

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:35 am »
He declined a $15M player option and a $17.4M qualifying offer.

He got 1 year, $14M.

More than a few of these guys have to learn the hard way before others catch on about the old bird in the hand...