Author Topic: Game 7  (Read 7818 times)

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Game 7
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:33:15 am »
I just hope the Astros give it their best shot and the Good Lord willing things will work out.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: Game 7
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:32:31 am »
I have a feeling one team will break out. I hope it is us, but last night was our best chance. Our offense picked a bad time to snooze.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:45:04 am »
I have a feeling one team will break out. I hope it is us, but last night was our best chance. Our offense picked a bad time to snooze.

I like the Astros' chances against the right hander.  McCullers has to pitch the game of his life. Again.

Welcome to postseason baseball, folks. Nothing like it.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:51:14 am »
I like the Astros' chances against the right hander.  McCullers has to pitch the game of his life. Again.

Welcome to postseason baseball, folks. Nothing like it.

These will be the shortest leashes in the history of managing.

Lots of bad luck last night. Hoping for some good luck tonight.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:05 am »

Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong for the Astros last night - save burning McCullers - went wrong.  If the Dodgers had written a script, it'd be something like that.

Tonight will be different.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:03 am »
I'm taking some solace in the Dodger's attitude conveyed in the broadcast, that it is a fate accompli that winning 6 means winning 7.  That is playing with fire.

In an mostly unrelated note, I always go back to 1980, game 163, in Dodger Stadium.  It burned into my psyche, at a young age, that a fan should never feel confident or distraught about the next game.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:42:14 am »
My sports consciousness occurred when I was 7 years old, 74-75.  The Astros were my first, best and only enduring pro sports love.  I've stuck with them when I couldn't watch them.  No matter how good or bad the team was, they were my team.  This is the greatest year of Astros fandom.  It kills me that the BBG's appear to want me to see only bits of the games, but it seems to work.  They've typically played better when I haven't watched.  But last night was the first time I didn't see a single pitch.  I think I will check in briefly and out mostly tonight.  Also I don't think my heart can take watching the entire game on the tv.
Goin' for a bus ride.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 08:45:27 am »
I'm taking some solace in the Dodger's attitude conveyed in the broadcast, that it is a fate accompli that winning 6 means winning 7.  That is playing with fire.

In an mostly unrelated note, I always go back to 1980, game 163, in Dodger Stadium.  It burned into my psyche, at a young age, that a fan should never feel confident or distraught about the next game.

If I were being objective, which of course I am not, I would bet on the Dodgers too. This team is resilient, and I hope we see the backs to the wall WS Game Five Astros and not the catatonic ALCS Game Five version.

AtascAstro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
  • 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:23 am »
I want the Astros to triumph over all else, but I'm certainly not too down about getting another day of this amazing 2017 season.

The forgotten veterans in the bullpen really showed a lot of poise last night.  Gregerson added another scoreless inning and Liriano located really well considering he hadn't been used at all and was getting squeezed.  Would not be surprised to see them used again as bridge guys to get out of a jam.

Crusher_Joe

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:57:09 am »
My sports consciousness occurred when I was 7 years old, 74-75.  The Astros were my first, best and only enduring pro sports love.  I've stuck with them when I couldn't watch them.  No matter how good or bad the team was, they were my team.  This is the greatest year of Astros fandom.  It kills me that the BBG's appear to want me to see only bits of the games, but it seems to work.  They've typically played better when I haven't watched.  But last night was the first time I didn't see a single pitch.  I think I will check in briefly and out mostly tonight.  Also I don't think my heart can take watching the entire game on the tv.

I know I was this way in 2005.  I tried to be this way again but the results are not tracking.  So, I'm going to watch every single pitch of tonight's game and savor it.  My team is playing a meaningful game in September.  That has never happened before in my life.  Win or lose, this team has been amazing and this city will welcome them home with open arms with or without a World Series trophy.
"You know what the chain of command is?  It's the chain I beat you with to show you who's in command!" - Jayne Cobb

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 08:59:23 am »
Agree that wasn't the ACLS game 5 Astros  They smack the ball HARD several times,  but alas.   And the dojers eeked out some contact and pushed 2 across to effectively chase Verlander.

I'm resigned to what the odds are but as the great philosopher said, "Never tell me the odds!"

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 09:01:16 am »
I know I was this way in 2005.  I tried to be this way again but the results are not tracking.  So, I'm going to watch every single pitch of tonight's game and savor it.  My team is playing a meaningful game in September.  That has never happened before in my life.  Win or lose, this team has been amazing and this city will welcome them home with open arms with or without a World Series trophy.

Check your calendar.  Agree with you on savoring this.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 09:03:48 am »
I'm glad it's Wednesday and not Thursday.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 09:04:56 am »

Your team is playing the single most important game in the history of the franchise. In November. No matter how you slice it, by any measure possible, 2017 has been the greatest season in Astros history. You were there.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 09:06:52 am »
I'm glad it's Wednesday and not Thursday.
Woden's day is much better than Thor's day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 09:08:27 am »
Screw you all!  My team is still playing and as long as there is still an out there is still a chance they finish what they started in Spring Training. 
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 09:14:00 am »
Screw you all!  My team is still playing and as long as there is still an out there is still a chance they finish what they started in Spring Training.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 09:15:14 am »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Let's beat the snot out of the Giants!

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 09:20:27 am »

+1
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 09:23:51 am »

Leslie....

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 09:34:41 am »
Jim...  All they did was lose a game last night.  I'm disappointed and sad.  I wanted them to win, but damn, we gotta have faith.  This team is special.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 09:37:04 am »
Jim...  All they did was lose a game last night.  I'm disappointed and sad.  I wanted them to win, but damn, we gotta have faith.  This team is special.

Who on here disagrees with any of that?

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 09:39:45 am »
Who on here disagrees with any of that?

I hope no one but it just seems like the mood here in Houston is like the weather.  Gloomy. 

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 09:41:39 am »
I have never been more excited for a baseball game than I am for tonight.  This is what every player out there has dreamed about his entire life.  This team is special.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 09:47:40 am »
I hope no one but it just seems like the mood here in Houston is like the weather.  Gloomy.

Of course it is. Mine is because we did not support Verlander, and they have Kershaw looming. That does not mean I have given up or think we will lose. We must break on top early and score some runs. McCullers must be on. Their pitching is in better shape than ours.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 09:56:15 am »
FTD

BlownRanger

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:05 am »

It's certainly true that Dodger Nation had the same "Done Deal" feeling about that 1980 playoff game.
"He hit that one right up the poop chute, Bill" - Enos Cabell

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 10:01:38 am »
I read this story this morning.  It is about a guy who lost his dad to suicide when the guy was 12.  He felt his dad's presence during the game last night.  I liked how he described his hatred for the Dodgers. 

This is a good Series. The ghost and I are pulling for the Astros. I’d rather lick a billy goat between the eyes than root for a Dodger.

The ghost wears an Astros hat. He once owned a million ball caps, but had never paid for a single one.
He was a steelworker who dangled from iron rafters, welding. Sometimes, he worked on roller coasters.
Once, he took me to an amusement park during business hours. He unlocked a chainlink fence to a secure area beneath a roller coaster. When the roller-cars rode the upside-down loops, it rained ball caps. Fifteen or twenty hats fell, every ride.

After a few weeks, he’d collected caps from almost every American team.

That is, except the Dodgers. We didn’t keep those hats. We dipped them in blue cheese and lit them with an acetylene blowtorch.
Always ready to go to a game.

Crusher_Joe

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 10:08:30 am »
Check your calendar.  Agree with you on savoring this.

My bad.  I feel like Bush 41 after making his "September 7th will live in infamy" remarks.
"You know what the chain of command is?  It's the chain I beat you with to show you who's in command!" - Jayne Cobb

Crusher_Joe

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 10:10:30 am »
Of course it is. Mine is because we did not support Verlander, and they have Kershaw looming. That does not mean I have given up or think we will lose. We must break on top early and score some runs. McCullers must be on. Their pitching is in better shape than ours.

Hoping for vaunting. Lots and lots of vaunting.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:00 am »

Have no fear.  We're all gearing up in our own way.

I'm heading to the airport now in my Altuve Jersey and orange throwback cap.

GO! GO! ASTROS!!

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:38 am »
The morning might be gloom, but only as a hangover from last night. Throughout the day, the sun will shine brighter and brighter. My game time you won't be able to keep your eyes open it's so bright.

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 11:05:13 am »
Gloomy? I remember the playoffs against the Phils, Mets, Braves, and Royals, and the ChiSox sweep. A win tonite, and we’re World Champions. I am steeled for victory.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 11:11:19 am »
FYI, Mark Wegner is HPU tonight.

Some were wondering in GZ last night.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 11:14:59 am »
I'm resigned to what the odds are but as the great philosopher said, "Never tell me the odds!"

I'm putting the odds of me puking at some point prior to the game today at about 75%.  Whether I'll puke from nerves or excitement is 50/50... Go 'Stros!
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 11:27:05 am »
FYI, Mark Wegner is HPU tonight.

Some were wondering in GZ last night.

Is that good, bad, or indifferent?

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 11:32:25 am »

I was hoping someone here could tell me.

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2017, 11:35:48 am »
I was hoping someone here could tell me.
Well, he was behind the plate in the alds game 4 against Boston. From what I read, and what little I saw of that game, he did an ok job

Edit. We probably need Mark to weigh in to let us know for sure what it means.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

Holy Sambito.

He was the HPU in game 4 vs Boston.  That game was played a decade ago,  right?

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2017/10/red_sox_astros_strike_zone_game_1.html

Marcus_in_STL

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 11:38:30 am »

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2017, 12:34:00 pm »
Although I hate the Dodgers,  their fans, that bsdtard Lasorda and the players I remember from the 80s, I was having a hard time working up a real hated for this particular set of players.   I'd like to thank Joc Pederson for stepping up and filling that void.

What a fucking douchebag.

Feel free to point out any others.

FTD.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2017, 12:35:25 pm »
Wegner is a pitcher's umpire for sure. His strike zone is bigger than Joe West's neck wattle.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2017, 12:41:57 pm »
Although I hate the Dodgers,  their fans, that bsdtard Lasorda and the players I remember from the 80s, I was having a hard time working up a real hated for this particular set of players.   I'd like to thank Joc Pederson for stepping up and filling that void.

FTD.

Bellinger has filled the role well for me.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »
Got my frito pie at FM Kitchen.  I'm ready.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2017, 12:59:32 pm »
Who do we say goodbye to tonight? Gregerson, Beltran, Liriano, Maybin - anyboby else? Clippard not on the roster. How about Fiers?
E come vivo? Vivo.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 01:05:12 pm »
Wegner is a pitcher's umpire for sure. His strike zone is bigger than Joe West's neck wattle.

If my keyboard shorts out after the big gulp of Diet Coke that I spit onto it on reading about Joe West, I hold you responsible!
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

BlownRanger

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »

FTD.

Pederson made a complete fool of himself rounding the bases last night.
"He hit that one right up the poop chute, Bill" - Enos Cabell

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2017, 01:10:02 pm »

He's got that Chipper Jones/Phillip Rivers obnoxious penis-face. 
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2017, 01:25:52 pm »
Bellinger has filled the role well for me.
They all wear that goddamn Dodger blue so they all suck. Pedo and Bellinger are good examples but for me it's Batlicker and the Wildling.
He breezed him, one more time!

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2017, 01:28:57 pm »
He's got that Chipper Jones/Phillip Rivers obnoxious penis-face.

He looks like every dumb joc(k) bully in every 80s high school movie.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2017, 02:46:17 pm »
He looks like every dumb joc(k) bully in every 80s high school movie.

Pederson was on the MLB network post-game being interviewed. His articulation scale is between a slug and an amoeba.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2017, 03:25:45 pm »
I got no problem with Joc Pederson in particular. I hate all of the Dodgers.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »
Yes. He went from being nobody to being a lucky curiosity, but then that same trajectory caused him to peg the needle on the jerk scale.
Up in the Air

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2017, 04:54:25 pm »
I got no problem with Joc Pederson in particular. I hate all of the Dodgers.
Just the opposite for me. They have some good players who play hard and would be worth applauding if they were not playing against the Astros. Pederson is beyond the pale though after that homer trot.
Up in the Air

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:17 pm »
Pederson can eat shit. He’s forever embedded in the TyHate HOF.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »
Just the opposite for me. They have some good players who play hard and would be worth applauding if they were not playing against the Astros.
I felt that way about the Yankees. I just think most of the Dodger position players are dipshits.

Knoxbanedoodle

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2017, 05:55:04 pm »
Strange day today. Didn’t sleep much last night and felt quite gloomy indeed upon waking.

There is the sense that yesterday was as close as we’ll get, and for the third loss in a row it was a story of hard-hit grounders, infield popouts and double plays. It feels significant that Verlander took his first loss as an Astro. It feels significant that, as has happened sooooo many times over the past couple years, a Springer Dinger was the lone bright spot in an otherwise punchless effort.

One of my constant refrains while watching a game is: The team that misses the most opportunities doesn’t necessarily lose.

Another is: The team that misses the most opportunities doesn’t necessarily win.

It’s a pretty comprehensive philosophy.

Anyway I do feel like this team has shown a tremendous capacity to bounce back. And it wouldn’t surprise me if the bats came alive. Regardless, it has been the most fun I’ve ever had watching an Astros season.

Sure wish we hadn’t shit the bed in Oakland.

So sad about Ken Giles.

Anyway...fuck it! Right?

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
We dressed my two-year-old son up as Altuve for Halloween (despite the fact that, here in the middle of North Carolina, barely anyone knows who he is). It didn't bring any luck last night but I'm hoping for a delayed effect.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2017, 06:54:43 pm »
We dressed my two-year-old son up as Altuve for Halloween (despite the fact that, here in the middle of North Carolina, barely anyone knows who he is). It didn't bring any luck last night but I'm hoping for a delayed effect.

did you get the 3;:oo shadow on him?

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:42 am »

Cute! Here are my kids -- son in a 1965 Astros replica uniform, and daughter in what a "League of Their Own" Astros uniform might have looked like. (My wife made both -- and the kids picked the idea three months ago!)
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 11:33:24 am »
Cute! Here are my kids -- son in a 1965 Astros replica uniform, and daughter in what a "League of Their Own" Astros uniform might have looked like. (My wife made both -- and the kids picked the idea three months ago!)

I love her uniform!!

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 11:35:07 am »

Love it!
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2017, 01:24:50 pm »
Thanks y'all!
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2017, 01:55:47 pm »
Those are excellent.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »
Awesome! Where did you find that H hat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »
i listen to a lot of radio, was listineing to KFI out of LA and they were having an in depth discussion of Darvish tipping his pitches and that Hinch  knew what they were.
forever is composed entirely of nows

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2017, 04:19:23 pm »

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2017, 04:41:50 pm »
Awesome! Where did you find that H hat?

My wife made that, too -- made the circle H out of felt and attached it to a plain blue cap.

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2017, 06:21:23 am »

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:37 am »
Interesting.  However, he couldn't locate his fastball well and hung about 70% of his sliders.  That hurt him more than tipping.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2017, 07:45:03 am »
Interesting.  However, he couldn't locate his fastball well and hung about 70% of his sliders.  That hurt him more than tipping.

Sliders that don't bite go for long rides.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2017, 07:48:25 am »
Morton won game 7 of the ALCS and game 7 of the World Series.

He is the first pitcher to ever win 2 game 7s in the same postseason.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2017, 07:53:02 am »
Morton won game 7 of the ALCS and game 7 of the World Series.

He is the first pitcher to ever win 2 game 7s in the same postseason.

Livin' the dream.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2017, 08:39:38 am »
Darvish apparently telegraphed his pitches, which the vets recognized immediately
 https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/yu-darvish-may-have-been-tipping-his-pitches-in-nightmare-world-series-performance/ar-AAumC7M?li=BBnb7Kz

Oh, horseshit lame excuses. I’ll believe this when the Astros say so.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2017, 08:49:42 am »
Hey everybody.  Just waking up after a couple of days.  What did I miss?

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2017, 09:06:52 am »
not to much.. just the best time in the world for astros fans
forever is composed entirely of nows

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2017, 09:25:20 am »
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »
Like this?

https://dodgerblue.com/2017-world-series-astros-carlos-beltran-suggests-dodgers-yu-darvish-tipped-pitches-game-7/2017/11/02/

Something like that, yes. Thank you. Inconclusive whether the hitters took the info because that would be very late to receive a signal from the bench. If it was something they could see, that is different.

Ironically, in another of the million stories I have read, Beltran told Darvish he was tipping pitches after the Yankees traded him to the Rangers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:32:08 pm by JimR »

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2017, 01:39:38 pm »
Here is a much less stressful way to watch or game 7 pitching performance:

https://youtu.be/wEHAtEx6xus