Author Topic: Marwin in the 9th  (Read 2149 times)

astrox

• Prime Time Player
  • Evan's Guitar
    • View Profile
    • tinyeblog.blogspot.com
Marwin in the 9th
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:29:28 am »
With Marwin due up in the 9th, I turned to my son and said we have to pinch hit for him.  Apparently, Marwin heard me and told me to STFU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
News that is sufficiently bad somehow carries its own guarantee of truth.  Only good reports need confirmation.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Marwin in the 9th
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:42:09 am »
Thanks to later heroics, it is probably my favorite home run of my life, eclipsing Billy Fucking Hatcher's who will always retain a warm spot in my heart.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:34:14 am »
Gonzales' Gopher?

I thought my favorite moment of the game was going to be Turner flopping around on the ground by 3B like a beached ginger manatee as Springer's double went right under his glove; but it turned out to be the strikeout to end it of that preening fuckstick Puig.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:02:57 am »
I called his homer.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 09:12:20 am »
From the CF camera I never would have thought Marwins' HR was going to carry enough to go over the fence. I don't remember  balls flying out of Dodger Stadium at anywhere near this rate from the Astros days in the NL. I'm sure the hot air has some effect but this is crazy. I think it is players are so much stronger than ever before.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:13:15 am »
I called his homer.

Unlike the night before, when they looked overmatched, last night they looked like you'd have to pry the win from their cold, dead hands.

Friday-Saturday-Sunday will be epic.  The Astros have wrested home field advantage from the supposedly superior Dodgers' bullpen, and it's now advantage Astros.  I think the Astros have better starting pitching in Games #3 and #4 at least - although I assume we'll see Kershaw in Game #5 if it's an elimination game - while the Dodgers'  bullpen won't be so intimidating now that they tagged it up for 6 runs in 5 innings and there is definitely a soft underbelly.

Plus home vaunting.  The Dodgers must now hate Springer, Bregman, Altuve and Correa, with a little left over for Gonzales.

One downside is that I expect they'll DH Turner, because he is not that talented a 3rd baseman.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 09:59:07 am »
From the CF camera I never would have thought Marwins' HR was going to carry enough to go over the fence. I don't remember  balls flying out of Dodger Stadium at anywhere near this rate from the Astros days in the NL. I'm sure the hot air has some effect but this is crazy. I think it is players are so much stronger than ever before.

I muttered, CRAP, as the ball left the bat. I thought for sure it was a F8.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:45 am »
I muttered, CRAP, as the ball left the bat. I thought for sure it was a F8.

I didn't think any of the Astros homers were going out.
But I was pretty drunk.
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 10:05:22 am »
I didn't think any of the Astros homers were going out.
But I was pretty drunk.

The only I thought had a chance was Correa's. 
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Navin R Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 10:10:05 am »
Correa's reaction was a give away.   I had no doubt that one was leaving the yard.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 10:36:31 am »
I called his homer.

My brother in Israel, who had been watching the game since 3:00 am, called the home run as well. 
Boom!

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 10:56:13 am »
I called his homer.

Even when he was down an ugly 0-2?  I have to admit, I was loosing faith in him right there...
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 11:10:23 am »
Even when he was down an ugly 0-2?  I have to admit, I was loosing faith in him right there...

Before the AB.

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:02 am »
I called Giles coughing up the tying runs.
E come vivo? Vivo.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 11:44:13 am »

Of course you did. That is who you are.

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 12:29:04 pm »
And I could call you a lot of things, right now. you are really tempting my manners, Sir.

Not for calling the runs, but for focusing on the negative after  one of the most exciting, most historic games in Astros History. Very first World Series Win.

Look at the great, rare, and amazing things that happened in that game. The Astros bullpen struggling to close out a game ain't new or remarkable. The Astros bats coming to life for some WS heroics against a previously perfect bullpen is the story I prefer to notice. 
Where the fuck is Toro?

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 02:33:23 pm »
And I could call you a lot of things, right now. you are really tempting my manners, Sir.

Not for calling the runs, but for focusing on the negative after  one of the most exciting, most historic games in Astros History. Very first World Series Win.

Look at the great, rare, and amazing things that happened in that game. The Astros bullpen struggling to close out a game ain't new or remarkable. The Astros bats coming to life for some WS heroics against a previously perfect bullpen is the story I prefer to notice.

He is always negative. He lives for shortcomings to ridicule.