Author Topic: Game Watch Tonight  (Read 4655 times)

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Game Watch Tonight
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:48 pm »
Anyone want to meet up for the game tonight??
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Game Watch Tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 01:17:14 pm »
What ever you do, please do not gather at the CVS at W. Alabama and Shepherd. 
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:02 pm »
What ever you do, please do not gather at the CVS at W. Alabama and Shepherd.
guessing this is an inside joke...was this address given instead of the Alabama Ice House or somewhere else nearby?
Where the fuck is Toro?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:59:30 pm »
guessing this is an inside joke...was this address given instead of the Alabama Ice House or somewhere else nearby?

Former location of Roeder's Pub, gathering spot from the ill-fated 2005 World Series.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 02:07:53 pm »
Former location of Roeder's Pub, gathering spot from the ill-fated 2005 World Series.

I'll never forget Limey's expression after the Podsednik home run. "But I just ordered this beer!"

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:41:51 pm »
I'll never forget Limey's expression after the Podsednik home run. "But I just ordered this beer!"

...which wasn't a Shiner because they'd run out.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:51:17 pm by Limey »
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:51:03 pm »

Chuck spent most of the night pacing. It was an odd night.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 02:51:33 pm »

There's no truth to the rumor that Roeder's had to be sold because Chuck's pacing inside and outside the bar had caused irreparable foundation damage.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 03:08:21 pm »

There's no truth to the rumor that Roeder's had to be sold because Chuck's pacing inside and outside the bar had caused irreparable foundation damage.
Understood. I frequent the area (I recently lived a mile away from Shepard and Alabama) and forgot about Roeder's.  I have a late meeting tonight in the Heights but will find somewhere to watch in the area. My girlfriend can't understand my behavior. She jokingly threatened to wear Ranger's panties to troll me. She backed off that idea pretty fast when she realized that there is some crazy best left alone. She's trying now...she knows that Pickle throws left-handed and has a beard and doesn't pitch every day and there is another guy I like who they traded for and he pitched the whole game and that little guy is really fast...she was real disappointed to learn there is more baseball tonight--how much can there be? Just 2-5 more games, and maybe 4-7 after that...you never know.
Where the fuck is Toro?

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:37 pm »
Understood. I frequent the area (I recently lived a mile away from Shepard and Alabama) and forgot about Roeder's.  I have a late meeting tonight in the Heights but will find somewhere to watch in the area. My girlfriend can't understand my behavior. She jokingly threatened to wear Ranger's panties to troll me. She backed off that idea pretty fast when she realized that there is some crazy best left alone. She's trying now...she knows that Pickle throws left-handed and has a beard and doesn't pitch every day and there is another guy I like who they traded for and he pitched the whole game and that little guy is really fast...she was real disappointed to learn there is more baseball tonight--how much can there be? Just 2-5 more games, and maybe 4-7 after that...you never know.

6 more games is the minimum.  Now, some people are happy to do the minimum, and we're ok with that.

Andyzipp

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 03:20:40 pm »

To say the least.  My daughter was born that night.

Wife's water broke about 5 minutes after I got home, and I had to get my drunk self together and get my wife to a hospital.

It's been almost 12 years since that night.  The Astros haven't been back to the World Series since. I don't blame my daughter, but I don't fully trust her either.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 03:23:56 pm »
Anyone want to meet up for the game tonight??

The Astros twitter feed has been pimping Pluckers on Shepherd.

Andyzipp

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:07 pm »
The Astros twitter feed has been pimping Pluckers on Shepherd.

So, now more than ever, stay away from Pluckers on Shepherd.  Got it.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:48 pm »
So, now more than ever, stay away from Pluckers on Shepherd.  Got it.

I prefer Flingers anyway, much more classy.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:48 pm »
My cousin and I are on the train headed to New York now.  Will be in left field about 20 rows back. 

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 03:44:44 pm »
My cousin and I are on the train headed to New York now.  Will be in left field about 20 rows back. 

Represent!
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »

Give 'em hell!

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »
You mean Shenanigans?  You guys are talking about Shenanigans, right?

I believe Shenanigans was also the name of the restaurant in the widely underrated Ryan Reynolds movie "Waiting...".

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 03:49:12 pm »
I’m in the rainbow uni that hasn’t been washed (or taken out of the closet) since 2005.  I’ll frame it when they win it all but until then it doesn’t get washed.  Cousin is in the flue altuve Jersey.  We’ll be the ones hopefully not getting the shit kicked out of.  Honestly, I’ve had some really good conversations lately with some pretty intelligent yankee fans and don’t have problems with most. 

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »
Enjoy PCOL2000! 

Is Biz going tonight?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Andyzipp

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 04:01:50 pm »
I believe Shenanigans was also the name of the restaurant in the widely underrated Ryan Reynolds movie "Waiting...".

Beg pardon, but that was Shenaniganz. 

Either way, it's all better than Chotchkie's.

toddthebod

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »
I will be at Yankee stadium tomorrow night and Wed. night (if necessary).  I'll be watching the game at a bowling alley in Fair Lawn, NJ tonight if anyone wants to watch with me. 
Boom!

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »
So is anyone going out to watch the game this evening?  I can't I guess, but it sure is tempting. 

I love that CVS. 
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 04:42:53 pm »
I guess not.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »
I guess not.

Ya'll can come to our house if you want.  Not a great TV set up, and Kris will be surprised, but the dogs will like it. 
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 04:54:04 pm »
I’m in the rainbow uni that hasn’t been washed (or taken out of the closet) since 2005.  I’ll frame it when they win it all but until then it doesn’t get washed.  Cousin is in the flue altuve Jersey.  We’ll be the ones hopefully not getting the shit kicked out of.  Honestly, I’ve had some really good conversations lately with some pretty intelligent yankee fans and don’t have problems with most.

We had a great Yankee fan behind us Friday, but the guy Saturday was a world class asshole. Mark and I may have said unkind things to him. I know I did.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »
We had a great Yankee fan behind us Friday, but the guy Saturday was a world class asshole. Mark and I may have said unkind things to him. I know I did.

I get mad at Yankee fans for being so far up their own arses, but then the media blows so much smoke up there that I wonder if they even know where they are.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:50 pm »
I will be at Yankee stadium tomorrow night and Wed. night (if necessary).  I'll be watching the game at a bowling alley in Fair Lawn, NJ tonight if anyone wants to watch with me.

Reminds me of a comedian I once heard:

"I was in Pasadena, TX last Saturday night...and I know what you're wondering;  what'd I bowl"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »
So is anyone going out to watch the game this evening?  I can't I guess, but it sure is tempting. 

I love that CVS.

I have conference calls tonight:  7:00 - 8:30, 9:00 -10:00, and 2:00 -4:00.  If the good Lord's willing, and the Astros win, I might get drunker than shit between 10 and 2.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 06:16:23 pm »
Nothin' better than a drunken conference call at 2AM.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 06:19:55 pm »
Nothin' better than a drunken conference call at 2AM.

Is there any other kind of anything at 2am?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:55 pm »

For some reason I thought you lived in Englewood. Fair Lawn seems like quite a trek just to throw a few frames.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 11:21:33 pm »
We met some good people tonight.  I probably heard more than 300 various “f*** the Astros chants”.  As I am typing this, we are on the d train listening to a chant of “f*** altuve”. I don’t think I have ever heard anything like that in Minute Maid - or even the dome.  If the stros win tomorrow, we may guy try to come back on Wednesday because t I would honestly rather sit in the comfort of my living room than hear more of that.  It kind of made me sad.

Edited to remove the actual f-bombs. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:42:56 am by PCOL2000 »

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 06:51:43 am »
We met some good people tonight.  I probably heard more than 300 various “f*** the Astros chants”.  As I am typing this, we are on the d train listening to a chant of “f*** altuve”. I don’t think I have ever heard anything like that in Minute Maid - or even the dome.  If the stros win tomorrow, we may guy try to come back on Wednesday because t I would honestly rather sit in the comfort of my living room than hear more of that.  It kind of made me sad.

Edited to remove the actual f-bombs.

Disgusting

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 08:29:22 am »
Agreed.  I had one person on facebook that said something and I asked where that crap was prior to that game.  Judge was due a hit, we all saw it coming.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 08:48:06 am »
Agreed.  I had one person on facebook that said something and I asked where that crap was prior to that game.  Judge was due a hit, we all saw it coming.

Two of the cheapest home runs you'll ever see.

Makes me wonder about all these storied Yankees...

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 08:59:41 am »
Kris has instructions to get frozen chili and fritos.  BG, don't mess up again. 

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 09:07:47 am »
It is not all might fault.  I'm pretty sure Biz was at the game.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 09:59:40 am »
Two of the cheapest home runs you'll ever see.

Makes me wonder about all these storied Yankees...

Careful about cheap home runs. Correa’s Saturday was not exactly a bomb.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 10:23:23 am »
Careful about cheap home runs. Correa’s Saturday was not exactly a bomb.

No, but it also wasn't treated like the shot heard around the world like Judge fighting off an inside pitch and it carrying to the short - and low - left center field wall.  They've been calling MMP a hitter-friendly park all post-season, when we've faced the Red Sox with their Monstah and that insane RF corner, and the Yankees with a 6 ft high wall, 314 feet away down either line.

The bullshit punditry just boils my bottom.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2017, 02:44:08 pm »
The Yankees fans are, without a doubt, the most offensive and obnoxious I've ever encountered at a visiting park.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 03:22:26 pm »
The Yankees fans are, without a doubt, the most offensive and obnoxious I've ever encountered at a visiting park.

Apparently they doused Hinch's family with beer on Monday night.  There's that familiar Yankee Way Classiness. 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 03:33:56 pm »
Apparently they doused Hinch's family with beer on Monday night.  There's that familiar Yankee Way Classiness.

Worse than the way they act, they wear it like a badge of honor. Fucking dickheads.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2017, 03:47:55 pm »
Worse than the way they act, they wear it like a badge of honor. Fucking dickheads.

the ultimate revenge is to beat their sorry asses. On the pregame A-Rod just mentioned yesterday was the first time he had seen beer "spilled" from the upper deck since 2009 or some such year. I hope no one in Astros colors gets spilled beer on them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:50:40 pm by juliogotay »

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 12:01:25 pm »
I seriously thought it was going to happen to us on monday.  Came out pretty clean though.  When judge went yard beer and popcorn and anything else in Yankee fans hands went flying.  Have that on video.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2017, 06:18:19 am »
Mexican soccer fans seem saintly when compared to Yankee fan.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2017, 08:28:23 am »
Mexican soccer fans seem saintly when compared to Yankee fan.

Well Italian soccer fans once "poured" a moped off the upper deck.

Makes beer seem a bit minor league.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2017, 10:30:21 am »
Goin' for a bus ride.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2017, 09:54:33 am »

Florida Gators fans are awful too. Many years ago, they dumped a large bucket of urine on the LSU football team as it came onto the field at the swamp, soaking one of our starting DB's.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius