Author Topic: Happy Playoffs!  (Read 3416 times)

Dark Star

• Veteran Role Player
  • Stella Obscura
    • View Profile
Happy Playoffs!
« on: October 13, 2017, 10:48:22 am »
Shall we go, you and I, while we can,
Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: Happy Playoffs!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:08 pm »
If you cannot care, REALLY care, about this team and this season, it will not happen for you anytime anywhere for anyone or anything. This team deserves everything we have to give.

Your preview makes me very sad for you.

WFW.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:44 pm »
The Link
BUT He's STROSrays, he's STROSrays!
whatever it may say on whatever ID he hands to whatever government official happens to be asking, THIS man is STROSrays and its great to have him post, regardless of how cold inside he may momentarily feel.

Shit man, a chance to beat the Yankees and the red sox in the same fucking post season. THIS is fucking awesome. I am more excited about this than any post season series I've watched the Astros play in.

and I am only Glad that STROSrays is around to say hello...sure he may be singing "I'm a Darkstar I'm a Darkstar" with a bowiesque goodbye to all that melancholy in his voice but fuck...where there is life there is hope....ad ASTROS per ardua! Glad to see you around STROSrays!
Where the fuck is Toro?

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:24:37 pm »
BUT He's STROSrays, he's STROSrays!
whatever it may say on whatever ID he hands to whatever government official happens to be asking, THIS man is STROSrays and its great to have him post, regardless of how cold inside he may momentarily feel.

Shit man, a chance to beat the Yankees and the red sox in the same fucking post season. THIS is fucking awesome. I am more excited about this than any post season series I've watched the Astros play in.

and I am only Glad that STROSrays is around to say hello...sure he may be singing "I'm a Darkstar I'm a Darkstar" with a bowiesque goodbye to all that melancholy in his voice but fuck...where there is life there is hope....ad ASTROS per ardua! Glad to see you around STROSrays!

I did not say I am not happy to see him. I was speaking to his post.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

LonghornCDR

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:37:06 pm »
I don’t believe that he doesn’t care.  You don’t write something like this without caring. 
60% of the time... it works everytime.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 12:43:29 pm »
I didn't read it, sounds like I don't need to read it.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:47 pm »
I did not say I am not happy to see him. I was speaking to his post.
Got no problem with you or what you said--my post is directed to STROSrays. I am just freaking thrilled about how Astros baseball is alive in MY fucking heart right now.
Had breakfast with all three of my boys today. The oldest one drove the younger two to meet me before I went into the office and they went to school. We spent most of the breakfast talking about the ALCS. The older two talked about me taking them to the last home game the Astros played in the NL, they are grateful that I took them to that. They want me to take them to more games next season and they want to watch the series.
As you know, sharing a passion for a team with family and friends is the best part of being a fan. Dark Stars' column was a favorite back in the day. If he needs to lob weak ass "I'm happy for you, the living" shit for a decade or two, I don't mind--just delighted he's at the table.

Where the fuck is Toro?

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:49:53 pm »
I didn't read it, sounds like I don't need to read it.
I read it. It was good. Things change and people change; I'm OK with StrosRays just not feeling the same passion that he once felt for the team. You can't just make yourself feel it again; it either will happen or it won't.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Duke

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:11:20 pm »
I read it. It was good. Things change and people change; I'm OK with StrosRays just not feeling the same passion that he once felt for the team. You can't just make yourself feel it again; it either will happen or it won't.

I went through a very similar thing with the NBA after the last strike.  I just couldn't muster the same feeling for the game.

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 03:23:05 pm »
Same for me when the Oilers left.  I like the Texans, but it's not nearly the same.
Glad to see you around, DS.
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
Luv ya blue
forever is composed entirely of nows

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 05:12:32 pm »
I may be crazy (lots of people think so), but I’m calling bullshit on Dark Star’s alleged lost love for the Astros.  You don’t write for a fan site if you no longer give a shit. My hypothesis is that he still cares deeply. I’m not saying that this is for attention, but I assert that Dark Star likes the attention and the urging of the OWA faithful to return.

I really don’t give two shits if Dark Star lost his fandom for our Astros. To me, the loss involved a choice. This wasn’t an involuntary loss; it involved a decision. Anyone who can’t get behind this magical team after having followed the club since 1966 has no soul. You’re welcome to return when you choose to be a fan again, but until then, fuck off and WFW. Cry me a God damn river. You and your lost fandom. Boo fucking hoo.

I’m tired of reading your periodic sob story. Crawl back into your hole, douche bag.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 05:37:15 pm »
Hey buddy! However, whatever.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:02 pm »
It's good to hear from you again, DS. I hope things are going well for you and that you keep dropping by from time to time.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 05:54:46 pm »
I may be crazy (lots of people think so), but I’m calling bullshit on Dark Star’s alleged lost love for the Astros.  You don’t write for a fan site if you no longer give a shit. My hypothesis is that he still cares deeply. I’m not saying that this is for attention, but I assert that Dark Star likes the attention and the urging of the OWA faithful to return.

I really don’t give two shits if Dark Star lost his fandom for our Astros. To me, the loss involved a choice. This wasn’t an involuntary loss; it involved a decision. Anyone who can’t get behind this magical team after having followed the club since 1966 has no soul. You’re welcome to return when you choose to be a fan again, but until then, fuck off and WFW. Cry me a God damn river. You and your lost fandom. Boo fucking hoo.

I’m tired of reading your periodic sob story. Crawl back into your hole, douche bag.

+1 to all of the above. Well said.
Up in the Air

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 06:16:30 pm »
+1 to all of the above. Well said.

So glad to know it's not just me.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 06:39:42 pm »

How would you be leaning if it were the Injuns instead of Yanks? I know that isn't the point of your post but would that be a problem?

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 07:13:22 pm »

Why don't you say what you really mean Mr Hap and don't hold back...

I have only ever met one OWA'er in person so I really wouldnt have a clue, but always thought DS was someones alter ego and not a real person?  Am I wrong as usual?
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Andyzipp

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 09:09:24 pm »
Why don't you say what you really mean Mr Hap and don't hold back...

I have only ever met one OWA'er in person so I really wouldnt have a clue, but always thought DS was someones alter ego and not a real person?  Am I wrong as usual?

He’s real, and he’s spectacular!

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
He’s real, and he’s spectacular!
OK, so there goes my multiple personality theory.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 07:42:03 am »
The artist must suffer for his art. This is Van Gogh's ear.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:24:10 am by geezerdonk »
E come vivo? Vivo.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 08:31:27 am »
How is this any different than what Mr. Appropriate shared with us? Why the need to vilify someone who is speaking with their honest core about events that apparently had a big impact on a lot of people?

Carry on, Dark Star. Here's hoping that passion returns.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:06 am »
How is this any different than what Mr. Appropriate shared with us? Why the need to vilify someone who is speaking with their honest core about events that apparently had a big impact on a lot of people?

Carry on, Dark Star. Here's hoping that passion returns.

It’s quite different actually. I believe Mr. Appropriate. I’ve read about Dark Star’s alleged loss now since 2012. If he’s really lost his fandom, why continue to come back to tell us about it? I’m a writer. I’ve never written about a subject for which I had no passion. Dark Star is a fine writer. I doubt seriously that he could continue to write at that level if he truly had no passion. I also hope that he finds that passion that is still inside him.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Andyzipp

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 09:23:14 am »
It’s quite different actually. I believe Mr. Appropriate. I’ve read about Dark Star’s alleged loss now since 2012. If he’s really lost his fandom, why continue to come back to tell us about it? I’m a writer. I’ve never written about a subject for which I had no passion. Dark Star is a fine writer. I doubt seriously that he could continue to write at that level if he truly had no passion. I also hope that he finds that passion that is still inside him.

The pain is what makes it great?

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 09:28:38 am »

This really makes no sense. What does you believing someone have to do with whether or not his writings are valid? You chose to berate him because it doesn't fit into the way you think he should feel. I think the WFW belongs to you, Mr. Happy.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 09:47:49 am »
This really makes no sense. What does you believing someone have to do with whether or not his writings are valid? You chose to berate him because it doesn't fit into the way you think he should feel. I think the WFW belongs to you, Mr. Happy.
+1
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 10:06:34 am »

Okay. I can live with that.

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 12:26:15 pm »
Everybody be yourself.  Who really gives a fuck? 

Go Stros.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"