Author Topic: Dreams from my Astros  (Read 886 times)

Knoxbanedoodle

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Dreams from my Astros
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:33:09 am »
For the past ten days or so I've been visited regularly by Astros dreams. This never used to happen. I don't know why now all of a sudden unless it's just that my subconscious has exhausted its usual fare (into which I'll not delve). We're in a big transition at the moment: our house for the past five years (the first we've owned) will close tomorrow, and we've temporarily moved into my wife's parents' basement while our new house completes construction. So suddenly we're in a room the size of a Manhattan studio with two cats that aren't used to it. I watched last night's harrowing ninth on my desktop with tinny sound bleeting from the Mac-Mini, the wi-fi stuttering in and out like to twist a knife in your skull, folding laundry I could put away without moving. Anyway.

The Astros were in the playoffs, and in the middle of the game it became, literally, a shooting war. Castro led a flanking maneuver and brutally put down the opponent (Mariners, I think) with a relentless enfilade.

Another time, the baseball game became a football game in the late innings when the opponent threw a Hail Mary. In this dream, I'm not kidding, Coach offered to teach me how to "tackle the knees."

In another one, Ashby was making a comeback as a catcher on the current squad. (Addition by subtraction? Subtraction by addition? You be the judge.)

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I figured if anyone else was having, or had had, Astros dreams, it was probably someone on OWA. 

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams from my Astros
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:30:43 am »
If Ashby was in one of my dreams I would seek professional help.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:25 am »
does that include former Astros Bud Girl
forever is composed entirely of nows

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:37:55 am »
I've had a recurring dream for over a decade now where I'm in the locker room for the Astros suiting up to take the field. On the way to the dugout I get thoroughly lost in what seems to be a maze of pipe filled hallways. Panic starts to set in because I'm about to miss out on my big opportunity. Eventually I make it out and am just in time for my at bat. I have some type of varying success (single or a walk) the crowd cheers and I'm on cloud nine. Later, after all sorts of other bizarre interjections that happen in dreams I take the field and proceed to make a complete ass out of myself. I can't seem to track even simple pop ups. I'm usually on to something else or awake before I get boo'd. I'm sure Freud would have his work cut out for him on that one...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:39:31 am by WVastro »

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 02:24:39 pm »
Yeah, I have weird baseball dreams too.

Last night, I dreamed someone impelled Prince Fielder with a bat. He was staggering wild eyed around the field like Fred Sanford with the handle of the bat coming out is back and the barrel sticking up towards the sky in the front. Any ideas what this means?

Always ready to go to a game.