Author Topic: Tim Lincecum  (Read 1643 times)

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
Tim Lincecum
« on: May 03, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »
For a guy with a collective 1.402 WHIP over the last 4 seasons, that showcase on Friday is sure as hell generating a huge amount of hype. Anyway, the Astros will be one of about a dozen teams who are supposed to be there.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
Re: Tim Lincecum
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:41:20 pm »
Pass.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:44:21 pm »
Pass.

Yeah, the best thing that could happen here is that one of our competitor's sticks themselves with an albatross of a contract.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:41:46 am »
Pass.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 11:39:40 am »
Pass.
If he's throwing harder than he has in years, don't you think that gives him a very legit shot at being the 5th or even 4th-best SP on the Astros? If they like what they see, why not, assuming the investment is short and relatively small?
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:05 am »
If he's throwing harder than he has in years, don't you think that gives him a very legit shot at being the 5th or even 4th-best SP on the Astros? If they like what they see, why not, assuming the investment is short and relatively small?

The better he throws the more money and time he'll command.  I'm sure the Astros have a threshold depending on what he does and what he wants.
Goin' for a bus ride.

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »

Heck, even if Lincecum is only as good as least year, he's the Astros "ace" right now.

There's no indication that he will go for cheap.  The hype machine, which he and his dad perfected coming my out of high school, is in full force this go around.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:56 pm »

That's a big if. Remember that I saw plenty of Lincecum early in his career when he could hit 97. Last year, he struggled to hit 90. And he's got a health problem. Tim bet on himself and lost by refusing the big contract in SFO. Though I'm switching threads, I see why McHugh did what he did. There are no guarantees.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 03:39:10 pm »
For the one person on this board who might have missed it, the Angels made The Freak signing official today.

$2MM (or thereabouts) pro-rated salary for remainder of season plus incentives.