Author Topic: Orioles @ Astros Series Preview  (Read 928 times)

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
Re: Orioles @ Astros Series Preview
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »
Nice work, Austro! I had no idea about the junior college world series being in Colorado. Delgado had a legendary program in the New Orleans area back in the day under legendary coach Rags Scheurmann, so you may have seen them before. In fact, back in those days, they could play with LSU and Tulane if permitted to play them.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »
FYI, Midland lost yesterday 11-1 (F/6)  Sounds like Midland was all or nothing.

Nice preview.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 12:31:35 pm »
Nice work, Austro! I had no idea about the junior college world series being in Colorado. Delgado had a legendary program in the New Orleans area back in the day under legendary coach Rags Scheurmann, so you may have seen them before. In fact, back in those days, they could play with LSU and Tulane if permitted to play them.

Back in the pre-draft days, and even up until 1986, when they ended the January draft, signing 4-year college players was pretty convoluted.  As a result, many of the better players chose junior college, and the level of play was outstanding.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:06:25 am »
Iowa Western won the championship last night, going through the tournament undefeated. After their somewhat lucky (in my eyes) victory in the first round, they left no doubt, blowing out everybody else they played along the way.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy