Author Topic: Attention Lawyers  (Read 1055 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Attention Lawyers
« on: May 28, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »
I have an interest in a settled lawsuit from 2004.  It was appealed and the parties agreed to settle prior to a decision.  What I'm looking for is information from the underlying case.  Is there any way to back-track from the appeal to the original case?  Can I get copies of the publicly available documents (without trawling through a law library)?

Thanks!

FWIW, this is for work.  I am not stalking anyone.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Lawyers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »
I thought it had something to do with Randalls.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »
I thought it had something to do with Randalls.

Nope*

* Fuck Randall's
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 04:10:25 pm »
I have an interest in a settled lawsuit from 2004.  It was appealed and the parties agreed to settle prior to a decision.  What I'm looking for is information from the underlying case.  Is there any way to back-track from the appeal to the original case?  Can I get copies of the publicly available documents (without trawling through a law library)?

Thanks!

FWIW, this is for work.  I am not stalking anyone.

All the documents that were filed should be publicly available in the clerk's docket.  Is it state or federal?
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »
All the documents that were filed should be publicly available in the clerk's docket.  Is it state or federal?

State.  Appeal was in Dallas and I expect the original suit was too.

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Attention Lawyers
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 04:23:50 pm »
Dallas County district and county court at law case information and some documents available online at: http://courts.dallascounty.org/default.aspx

Dallas Court of Appeals case information and documents available online at:  http://www.5thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/
E come vivo? Vivo.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »
State.  Appeal was in Dallas and I expect the original suit was too.

http://www.5thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/

Go to case search on the right hand side and see if the record has been electronically added.  If so, everything filed in the underlying district court case should be there.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »
http://www.5thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/

Go to case search on the right hand side and see if the record has been electronically added.  If so, everything filed in the underlying district court case should be there.

Thanks.  Found the record, but nothing filed there.