Author Topic: Rangers @ Astros Series Preview  (Read 1238 times)

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers @ Astros Series Preview
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »
Well done, sir.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »
Captain Happy, I'm sorry to see the conclusion, but I liked the journey.  Thanks.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Rangers @ Astros Series Preview
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:28:24 am »
The Astros are missing Darvish this time but that doesn't mean that they can't be no-hit.
E come vivo? Vivo.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:08 am »
The Astros are missing Darvish this time but that doesn't mean that they can't be no-hit.

After being 11 hitted last night, the fucking last thing that we needed this morning is exactly all you brought: your usual lame negative comments. We're all frustrated with the play on the field. We're now 25 games under .500--at the 37 game mark. However, we're at least pulling for the club to succeed and don't relish the thought of more losing that you seem to maintain.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 10:19:12 am »
After being 11 hitted last night, the fucking last thing that we needed this morning is exactly all you brought: your usual lame negative comments. We're all frustrated with the play on the field. We're now 25 games under .500--at the 37 game mark. However, we're at least pulling for the club to succeed and don't relish the thought of more losing that you seem to maintain.

Pssst, 15 games under .500.  They're bad but not that bad...

And, for all the debbie-downers, there's lots of interesting stuff to watch on this team.  If winning is your only success criteria, go watch the store-bought Yankees.  For those that love baseball, even Astros baseball in this abominable AL form, it's plenty interesting.

Nice preview, btw Happ.  Thanks for sharing.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:27:13 am »
Pssst, 15 games under .500.  They're bad but not that bad...

And, for all the debbie-downers, there's lots of interesting stuff to watch on this team.  If winning is your only success criteria, go watch the store-bought Yankees.  For those that love baseball, even Astros baseball in this abominable AL form, it's plenty interesting.

Nice preview, btw Happ.  Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, and my math indeed was off. Let's not make it any worse than it already is.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius