Author Topic: Chapman down  (Read 1931 times)

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
Chapman down
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:52:21 am »
Valdes called up after last nights' game in which Chapman again failed.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
Re: Chapman down
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:13 am »
Then Luhnow is being consistent with his recent statement about the players who aren't performing well will be replaced. Of course, our luck with situational lefties is mixed to say the very least.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Chapman down
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:24 am »
While they're at it, why not replace Presley and/or Hoes with Wates? He is having a good start and couldn't possibly be worse than the incumbents.
E come vivo? Vivo.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:41 am »
While they're at it, why not replace Presley and/or Hoes with Wates? He is having a good start and couldn't possibly be worse than the incumbents.

I certainly realize that the incumbents are not getting it done. But do you think that he's ready?
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
I know it is all relative, but last I looked, Hoes was hitting better than most.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:58 am »
I know it is all relative, but last I looked, Hoes was hitting better than most.

I agree. I like Hoes when he goes with pitches to the opposite field.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 10:25:16 am »

Wates and Hoes seem like the same guy to me. Wates is doing well as you say but I think Hoes is going to have to play himself off of the roster for Wates to be of interest. That's what I think...I may certainly be proven wrong.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:09 am »
Wates and Hoes seem like the same guy to me.

So, why isn't Wates called "Boats"?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Chapman down
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:54 am »
Wates is 25 years old. This is his fifth year in pro ball. He has excelled at each level. He should be ready.
E come vivo? Vivo.

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 12:01:26 pm »
Wates and Hoes seem like the same guy to me. Wates is doing well as you say but I think Hoes is going to have to play himself off of the roster for Wates to be of interest. That's what I think...I may certainly be proven wrong.

This.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 05:03:06 pm »
(insert name of minor leaguer who is hitting well at AA or AAA)"couldn't possibly be worse than the incumbents."

How many times over the years has this been said, and then discovered to be very untrue? I bet similar statements have been uttered about Krauss, Villar, Grossman, Chapman, Zeid, and probably a few other disappointments on the current 40-man roster alone, not to mention years past.

Austin Wates has played all of 28 games in AAA. Yes, he's done well, with a .825 OPS. Alex Presley played 285 games in AAA, and had a .837 OPS. LJ Hoes played 181 games in AAA with a .791 OPS, including a .391 OBP. He only has about 200 ABs in the majors and has done OK. Not to mention he's a year younger than Wates. Calm down with this "bring up the entire AAA team" mentality.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »
(insert name of minor leaguer who is hitting well at AA or AAA)"couldn't possibly be worse than the incumbents."

How many times over the years has this been said, and then discovered to be very untrue? I bet similar statements have been uttered about Krauss, Villar, Grossman, Chapman, Zeid, and probably a few other disappointments on the current 40-man roster alone, not to mention years past.

Austin Wates has played all of 28 games in AAA. Yes, he's done well, with a .825 OPS. Alex Presley played 285 games in AAA, and had a .837 OPS. LJ Hoes played 181 games in AAA with a .791 OPS, including a .391 OBP. He only has about 200 ABs in the majors and has done OK. Not to mention he's a year younger than Wates. Calm down with this "bring up the entire AAA team" mentality.

This. This right here.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:18 am »
Up in the Air

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:55 am »
Wates left last night's game with an injury after a defensive play. Have not heard details.
Up in the Air