Author Topic: Vote Correa!!!  (Read 4044 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Vote Correa!!!
« on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:11 pm »
Okay folks... Correa has 32% of the vote for the final spot in the futures game, but is running behind the frontrunner who has 36% of the vote... Seriously, cast some votes for the kid (VOTE HERE).  Will it help spur you towards voting for Correa if I add that the frontrunner is a FTC prospect?!? Well, he is...
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
Re: Vote Correa!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:01:34 am »
Is there still a 25-vote limit (per email account, at least)? It seems like I've punched in my vote way more than 25 times, but it keeps letting me.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:11:26 am »
Is there still a 25-vote limit (per email account, at least)? It seems like I've punched in my vote way more than 25 times, but it keeps letting me.

I'm thinking no, as I voted over the course of 3 innings a couple of games ago...
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:32:12 am »

I thought the Supreme Court just put a stop to that kind of bullshit.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

Fynn

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 12:42:41 am »
I've voted at least 100 times.....I guess its unlimited voting.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 03:00:54 pm »
Voting ends today.  Seriously, don't let him lose to a FTC. Vote, and vote often!!!

astrosfan76

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 05:08:18 pm »
Voted until my mind became numb from all the Captchas.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:33:39 pm »
I thought the Supreme Court just put a stop to that kind of bullshit.

Only for minorities.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 05:41:14 am »
Only for minorities.
There it is.  The chickenshit tripe you can always count on whatever the subject.

Purity of Essence

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34:15 am »
There it is.  The chickenshit tripe you can always count on whatever the subject.

mmmmm...chickenshit...
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 07:59:14 am »

Does that mean we can look forward to chicken salad chitlins?
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 09:29:26 am »
Does that mean we can look forward to chicken salad chitlins?

chitlins is the crispy skin resulting from lard-making, not tripe.  My momma used to make excellent chitlin cornbread, and that's what she told me then.  She could have been lying.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Andyzipp

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48:48 am »
chitlins is the crispy skin resulting from lard-making, not tripe.  My momma used to make excellent chitlin cornbread, and that's what she told me then.  She could have been lying.

No.  No they are not.  Chitterlings are (most typically) pig intestines.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:57:02 am »

That's cracklin, I believe.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 09:58:32 am »

Cracklins are the crispy pork skin.  Chitlins is pig intestine.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:10 am »
Cracklins are the crispy pork skin.  Chitlins is pig intestine.

That's right.  It was cracklin cornbread. 
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »
Correa wins the vote.  Will play in the Futures game.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 01:43:14 pm »
Correa wins the vote.  Will play in the Futures game.

I've calling that a win for OWA and (yet another) loss for FTC fans everywhere.  GREAT JOB FOLKS!!!

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 01:50:51 pm »
Here is the MLB article announcing the Correa win: LINK

And I should add that OWA should probably share some of the credit for the Correa 'W' with the folks of Puerto Rico, who evidently had a bit invested in seeing Correa at the Futures Game as well...

Correa was excited, obviously, about playing in a Major League park like Citi Field with a talented group of his peers. But the nod meant even more to him considering it came from the fans, particularly given the support he received from his native Puerto Rico.

"The fans went crazy over there. It was all over the news. Everybody was voting over there," Correa said. "I heard from my family that everybody would see them in the malls, in the restaurants, wherever they'd see them, and say, 'We're voting for for your son. We're supporting him,' so that's great for my family. It makes them feel like the country really cares about baseball and about me.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »

And I should add that OWA should probably share some of the credit for the Correa 'W' with the folks of Puerto Rico, who evidently had a bit invested in seeing Correa at the Futures Game as well...

Correa was excited, obviously, about playing in a Major League park like Citi Field with a talented group of his peers. But the nod meant even more to him considering it came from the fans, particularly given the support he received from his native Puerto Rico.

"The fans went crazy over there. It was all over the news. Everybody was voting over there," Correa said. "I heard from my family that everybody would see them in the malls, in the restaurants, wherever they'd see them, and say, 'We're voting for for your son. We're supporting him,' so that's great for my family. It makes them feel like the country really cares about baseball and about me.

Terrific story.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »

The Puerto Ricans were probably happy to have something to vote on that actually counts.  It's tough to be just a territory.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:15 pm »
The Puerto Ricans were probably happy to have something to vote on that actually counts.  It's tough to be just a territory.

I wish I had thought of that.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:46 am »
I tried to vote, but couldn't figure out how to show my ID.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:46 am »
I don't vote in elections where more than seven votes per voter are allowed. Or I should say, I'll only vote seven times. If my seven votes aren't enough, I don't see where 3 or 9 or 25 more would make a difference.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:57:19 am by Sphinx Drummond »
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

tbone421998

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 09:30:19 am »
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametracker/recap/MLB_20130701_TB@HOU Seems Mr. Correa won.  Saw this under notes:
SS Carlos Correa, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 draft by Houston, was picked for the last spot on the World Team roster for the 2013 All-Star Futures game by winning a fan vote. He is hitting .323 for Class A Quad Cities.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:20 pm »
I tried to vote, but couldn't figure out how to show my ID.

Just use your concealed carry license. 

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »
Does he get a bonus or a free t-shirt or something for being elected?

johnstros

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »
http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=28524949&sid=t565

Video of correa saying thank you to fans for the vote.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 05:10:42 pm »
http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=28524949&sid=t565

Video of correa saying thank you to fans for the vote.
The video after that, of QC OF Brett Phillips, is pretty hilarious. He's a kid who has a hard time standing still.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy