Author Topic: Round Rock Nostalgia  (Read 1242 times)

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
Round Rock Nostalgia
« on: December 13, 2012, 07:13:11 am »
I know many of us on the bus were part of the earliest excitement about the Round Rock Express.  So with too much time on my hands and the knowledge that our class A team is actually returning to Quad Cities this year, I thought I would look at how they did the last time they were an Astros franchise.  The 1998 roster featured:
     C - Mike Rose (later traded to Diamondbacks but appearing in a Diablo uniform at the Dell in 2000)
     1B - Aaron McNeal (all hype; no glove)
     2B - Aaron Miles (made it to the show, but not to RR)
     LF - Kyle Logan (heads up behind 1B)
     CF - Barry Wesson
     RF - Eric Cole

SP - Eric Ireland, Wilfredo Rodriguez, Tom Shearn (& Brad Lidge for 4 the 4 games he was healthy)

Brings back the "good ol' days".

ETA other RR stalwarts who were in QC earlier:

Brian Dallimore, Nelson Samboy, Kevin Burns, Bryan Braswell, Jason Green (1st RR alum to MLB), and Jeriome "15GW" Robertson.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:17:06 am by VirtualBob »
Up in the Air

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: Round Rock Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:11:27 am »
Aaron McNeal could not pull the ball if his life depended on it. What a disappointment he was.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Round Rock Nostalgia
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:58:47 am »
Aaron McNeal could not pull the ball if his life depended on it. What a disappointment he was.
My dominant memory of him was in game 1 (I think) when he moved a few feet into foul territory on a high pop up that then fell harmlessly at his feet, blown back toward the field by the wind.  I knew he was going to be a problem right then.
Up in the Air