Author Topic: Breaking news about wettness, water  (Read 2054 times)

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
Breaking news about wettness, water
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:43:32 pm »
Even Troy Aikman knows Dallas fans are bandwagoners.

Oh, to hear the righteous indignation of the people from Plano (who claim Dallas) after this.
Drinking for two.

ā€œI want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but Iā€™m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking news about wettness, water
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:23 pm »
the thread shows up on the forums page as "Breaking news about wett," and my mind read "watt."  I nearly threw my keyboard through my monitor. 

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34:33 pm »
Even Troy Aikman knows Dallas fans are bandwagoners.

Oh, to hear the righteous indignation of the people from Plano (who claim Dallas) after this.

Most people up here know it to be true; its the reason the Musers asked him in the first place.  Rabid, noise-making fans are largely priced out of the stadium.  For those that do make it they're too diluted by the cocaine and boob job crowd to make a difference. 

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38:38 pm »
Most people up here know it to be true; its the reason the Musers asked him in the first place.  Rabid, noise-making fans are largely priced out of the stadium.  For those that do make it they're too diluted by the cocaine and boob job crowd to make a difference. 

+1

I've been there three times now and it gets louder at Robertson Stadium. 
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 01:53:47 pm »
I've been to one game at the new stadium.  The only semblance of noise was when the opposing team faced 3rd down a few times, and that was only after Rob Ryan showed up on the video board instructing everyone to make noise.

Yeah.  60 yard wide image of Rob Ryan.  That'll stick with you at night.

And only slightly smaller than life-size.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »
Rabid, noise-making fans are largely priced out of the stadium.

I don't know that this makes sense as an excuse - is it more expensive than Philly/NY/ etc?
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:25:35 pm »
I don't know that this makes sense as an excuse - is it more expensive than Philly/NY/ etc?

Fair point.  But I do know that club level PSLs ranged from $15,000 to $50,000.

And Philly/NY fans are obnoxious in loud ways.  Dallas douchers are obnoxious is quiet ways.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:49:40 pm »

Aren't those seats typically handed down through the generations, and so owned by the descendants of those who are definitely not the cocaine and boob job crowd?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:14:28 pm »
Aren't those seats typically handed down through the generations, and so owned by the descendants of those who are definitely not the cocaine and boob job crowd?

I thought PSLs only applied to stadia, not to organizations.  Therefore, if true, NYJ/NYG/Dallas, etc. would have had a new crop of PSL owners along with the new stadium.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »

The tickets cost what they cost...
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

matadorph

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »
"I think for a large part ā€“ and the fans don't want to hear this ā€“ a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they're there because it's kind of just a place to be seen. I didn't know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody's wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm a big Rangers fan.'

No fuckin shit, and it's just as obnoxiously grating seeing these fuckers running around Austin as if they've been lifelong Rangers fans. The worst part is the response I get from frontrunning Rangers fans when I voice my venom for that franchise and their famous HOF owner.

"But why aren't you rooting for them, they're still a Texas team? I root for all the Texas teams!"

Because I'm from Houston, you fuckin idiot bandwagoner, and Houston sports fans NEVER root for Dallas teams.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 10:20:04 am »

It's more expensive than Philly.  The only tickets more expensive than in Dallas are in NY and Boston, and then only marginally so.  But then, I'd guess that most things in NY and Boston are more expesnive than in Dallas, which is reflected in the relative earnings and disposal incomes of the locals.  In other words, $110 for a football ticket to a New Yorker probably isn't as much of a stretch as it is for a Dallaswhatever.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.