Author Topic: Morning Amusement  (Read 1010 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Morning Amusement
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:10 am »
Cute thing this morning. The boys' morning schedules are a little out of whack this week, so the 6th grader has to ride the school bus to school while I take the 9th grader in the opposite direction. I drove the 6th grader to the bus stop, though, to make sure he got there on time. We got there 10 minutes before the bus was due to arrive, and there were kids already waiting at the stop. I made sure he had everything he needed and gave him the morning goodbye, and he looked at me, absolutely aghast, and said, "MOM, I'm not getting out yet with all those *girls* there!" I looked, and sure enough, the six kids waiting for the bus were all girls. With four more girls walking towards the bus stop from different directions. Not another boy in sight. I shook my head and prepared to make an amusing remark, when the Big 'Un chimed in: "Are you SERIOUS?!? If this was the high school bus stop, that'd be a *gold* mine!"

I laughed so hard that my truck shook. After about 30 seconds, another boy showed up, and mine felt brave enough to get out and wait for the bus.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Amusement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »
That's cute. I was discussing the fall dances with my 14 year old, who informed me that he was "snatched up quickly" and has dates for all of them. I said "wow, that's great!" He replied "the ladies like what they see." I laughed out loud. He's the most confident, cocksure kid I've ever known. And he's one of mine. Go figure.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius